Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 342
- Set up a company pension 279
- RTI Fees 264
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 240
- Where's our 10%? 239
- Driving sales growth 209
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 203
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 199
- CIS late registration 194
- Regiatration of a Trust 193
- EIS 193
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 184
- Break up basis accounting 178
- Best structure 173
- Accounts production software for business SSC 167
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 152
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 145