Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 122 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 302 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 30 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 265 7
- Family Partnership 281 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 176 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 190 6
- Business trips - director and family 417 3
- Signed accounts for bank 662 15
- flat rate scheme 2,372 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 167 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 327 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 181 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 90 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 848 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 200 5
- VAT Query on new build 126 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 116 1
- P11D Car Value 273 6
- NOVA declaration 112 1