Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,152 19
- CGT 309 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 295 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 93 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 243 5
- Compliance check 475 13
- sole trader accountant 735 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 383 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 592 21
- More AE! 464 11
- How to classify an asset 133 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 263 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 170 4
- Recharge for private use of a company car 310 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 110 2
- Statement of turnover template 177 4
- CGT 111 1
- Importers 208 3
- Micro Entity Accounts 165 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 244 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,064
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 453
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 243
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 209
- Credit where credit's due....... 202
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 177
- Director phone costs 136