Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- tax credits 159 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 966 16
- Foreign income for self employed 144 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 685 20
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 262 9
- LLP - Member leaving 154 6
- what time is it ? 102 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 265 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,064 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 230 4
- Year end 172 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 580 21
- How would you account for warranty? 163 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 405 22
- Sweet Tooth 195 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 181 2
- trading or dormant 122 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 133 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 573 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 277 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 881
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 168