Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Flat rate vat 276 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 226 6
- Rental property company 164 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 152 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 401 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 425 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 324 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,467 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,185 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 382 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 290 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 277 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 397 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 201 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 216 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 160 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 538 5
- Director's tax return 421 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 199 3
- Coming in from the cold 422 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 831
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 297
- Director Loan account operation 282
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 241
- Paye procedures for CVA 183