Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 94 8
- Amortisation of Goodwill 236 1
- You know its over 76 2
- Cocaine anyone? 370 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 372 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 370 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 615 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 497 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 514 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 34 1
- Personal pension 381 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 207 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,188 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 878 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 93 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,498 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 302 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 274 1
- Tax return software for remote working 504 4
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 469 9
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 420
- Advice - 257
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 215
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 162
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 161