Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Company formation and bank account 175 6
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,512 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 470 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 383 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 162 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 389 8
- OneNote is fantastic 448 11
- VAT Direct Debit 348 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 433 8
- Self Assessment Software 676 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 429 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,347 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 227 11
- Owning overseas property 219 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 324 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 278 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 685 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,143 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 424 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 648
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 386
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 379
- 2015 tax year end 379
- FCA regulated company in a small group 338
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 248
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 235
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 229