Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Small hotel - food for personal use 118 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 76 2
- Xero Pain Points 181 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 289 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 127 4
- New starter - tax code 89 3
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 86 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 543 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 215 3
- Childcare 255 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 209 2
- The importance of Grammar 782 21
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 790 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 92 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 200 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,455 18
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 206 5
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 406 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,535 53
- Is this dodgy? 773 17
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 357
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 293
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 278
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 276
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 268
- Electric Car 219
- S222 Charge 199
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 192
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 188
- Company Structure 168