Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Audit 19 1
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 582 19
- carry back of gift aid 162 3
- Do I need to pay my accountant 731 9
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 284 8
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 429 13
- Awkward IP 1,087 12
- What's in a name ? 889 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 799 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 115 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 542 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 215 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,074 11
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 353 6
- Potentially dodgy client 364 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 551 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 450 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 397 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 531 23
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 206 6
- CTA study material 781
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 420
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 267
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 263
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 199
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 150