Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- monthly payments 154 3
- Related party disclosures 39 2
- Errors in prior year accounts 400 10
- Loan to realted parties 33 1
- Loan from one LTD co. to another LTd Co. 38 1
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 135 2
- Free Shares ? 41 1
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 192 3
- Coding notices post P11d 1,908 16
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 552 15
- Tick & Bash Bristol 425 7
- IFA incorporation 357 1
- VAT on Training Courses 191 5
- Consolidated Accounts Software 171 2
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 629 26
- Peer to Peer lending 249 6
- Client Death 289 3
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 132 2
- Fixed Assets 326 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 257 12
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 588
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 457
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 359
- Sorry ignore me 334
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 286
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 283
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 268
- Cancelled 211
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 182
- Cancelled 182