Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 118 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 121 1
- Instant CPD offer 281 4
- Cash basis 515 13
- Income from rent charged to business 123 2
- payroll software 367 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 440 5
- Statutory sick pay 308 4
- Dividend in specie 368 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 175 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 273 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 168 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 385 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,857 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 335 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 258 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 109 1
- Skandia using wrong address 574
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 307
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 306
- Employee rewards 289
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 255
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 228
- Etax Australian 187
- LLP in Construction Industry 155
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 132
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 131