Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 65 2
- Rights of Alphabet shares 203 7
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 44 1
- Home as office costs - new rules wef April 2013 50 1
- Where to advertise for staff 81 3
- Purchase of ltd company 121 4
- Transfer of shares 439 16
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 137 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 703 29
- HMRC Tax debt 102 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 316 8
- Business Bank account 136 4
- Telephone call from "Xero" 185 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 164 3
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 377 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 204 4
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 119 2
- P9D or P11D 896 8
- P35 and Service Company questions 239 6
- Repairs or Improvement? 121 2
- Xtuple 557
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 325
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 311
- CIS schemes 230
- Domain name sale and limited company 208
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 185