Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- semi retirement 92 2
- FPS responses ... 85 3
- How does one compete? 266 6
- shareholder remuneration 161 8
- Where has Portia gone? 8,980 144
- proposed dividends 249 16
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 822 14
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,449 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 397 4
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 85 1
- ATT Exam Question 157 5
- Vat on solicitors charges 309 7
- What does PITA mean? 685 17
- VATable supplies 122 3
- VAT within EC 87 2
- Should small companies be audited? 1,043 42
- CIS? 269 7
- CGT base cost 427 15
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 274 2
- Late leaver notification 291 5
- Sanzar 466
- Digital marketing focus group 384
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 359
- Continuity Agreement 302
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 290
- Sainsbury's mangement 287
- Avanti Accounts 276
- Buyback 271
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 213
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 181