Final Accounts yearend?
I am new in Practice, and I have not come across this before;
Ltd company yearend 30 March.
Company ceased trading on 30th December 2011. Companies House and HMRC has been notified of this date; the VAT registration cancelled at the same date.
I need to produce the final accounts 9 months to 31 December 2011. However, the remaining trade creditors were paid in the first week of January 2012 and payments did not clear the bank until first week of February 2012, I will have creditors on the balance sheet if I produce the accounts as at 31st December 2012 (creditors <£5k). There are no debtors or assets in the company. All stock has been sold through normal trade during the year.
The bank account was closed mid February 2012 once all outgoing payments were cleared.
Final Year accounts; Do I produce the final Accounts to 31 December 2011, 31 January 2012, 29 Feb 2012 or full year accounts to 31st March 2012? keeping in mind that HMRC and companies house been given 30 December 2011 as end date.
Many Thanks all you comments are appreciated.
- What would you do in this situation? 461 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 113 3
- Help Required 259 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 211 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 375 14
- What's in a name ? 205 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 132 3
- ATED Penalties 251 1
- late second payment on account 143 2
- US royalties 65 2
- Project being run jointly 115 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 167 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 145 3
- Sole trader mix up 280 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 726 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 883 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 205 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 498 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 156 5
- CTA study material 695
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 242
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 177
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 136
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 113