Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,241 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,226 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 965 29
- You know its over 360 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 500 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 233 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 187 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 169 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 268 3
- Cocaine anyone? 520 8
- Late Registration for VAT 495 13
- EIS/SEIS 152 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 280 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 427 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 431 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 727 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 563 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 598 4
- Personal pension 405 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 225 1
- Hive up 492
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 461
- corporate hierarchy 442
- Advice - 274
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 227
- WWOOFers 218
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 209
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 205
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 184
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 176