Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- The stupidity continues 1,295 67
- AML report needed? 117 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 134 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 379 9
- Marketing and email surprises 443 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 760 26
- What is IRIS World like? 407 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 143 1
- transactions after account have been closed 299 9
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 316 5
- Mlom bollocks 226 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 97 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 583 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 300 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 276 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 163 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,371 25
- New Employers Helpline 229 4
- Software recommendations 291 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 442
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 186