Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Where has Portia gone? 2,101 68
- recompense capital input 91 3
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 611 17
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 54 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 171 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 165 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 202 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 964 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 147 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 378 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 232 5
- Merging my businesses 213 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 573 19
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 468 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 356 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 331 1
- Holiday entitlement 588 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 326 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 170 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 241 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 792
- RTI - duplicate employee record 559
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Portia ... Where art thou 318
- Sanzar 313
- How do you do it 297
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 179