Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 272 2
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 155 2
- Repayment of Share Capital 161 2
- Entrepreneurs' Relief - we're too late, aren't we ? 555 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 415 6
- Joint arrangement but not an entity (JANE) ?? 162 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 171 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 420 10
- Self employed care worker 564 12
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 239 1
- Auto enrolment 457 8
- Audacity 966 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 401 7
- Late registration for MOSS 259 5
- Revaluation of Brands etc 281 5
- Client right to working papers 414 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 559 6
- Professional Clearance 1,080 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 307 5
- Illegal share transfer 473 5
- NHS finance professionals 541
- VAL231 411
- Mother and son property ownership 387
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 362
- Foreign Pension Contribution 334
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 311
- vat gross profit percentage margins 292
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 290
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 264
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 233