Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Missing tax return 307 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 262 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 108 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,040 30
- Inflation and fees 1,356 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 295 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 177 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 189 1
- Related party disclosure 194 3
- Company reconstruction 128 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 227 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 162 1
- Advice please! 407 2
- VAT on new builds 181 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 141 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,983 28