Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,000 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 571 8
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,714 38
- Tax Fines - HMRC 874 15
- Can an owner hold company money 318 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 313 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 232 6
- Class 2 NIC 280 5
- Probate services 428 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 394 7
- Vat payable on van 170 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,834 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 245 7
- Community Faux Pas 932 26
- Cash gift from India 150 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,314 40
- Windows10 206 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 627 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 480 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 247 2
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 838
- Benchmark accounting software 692
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 322
- What are HMRC implying? 307
- VAT 258
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 220
- Is the APN valid 196