Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 236 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 71 1
- IRIS Practice Management 125 1
- Was I rude 766 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 176 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 165 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 296 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 240 1
- Top slicing relief question 230 2
- Valuation of PET on death 109 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 263 6
- Share swap 289 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 88 1
- Online filing 157 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 329 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,711 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 105 2
- Converting a barn for business use 98 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 239 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 125 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,477
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 813
- Any views 728
- International interest certificate 445
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 388
- NOVA 282
- IRIS Open Books problem 280
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 197
- Expenses claim for non employee 188