Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Dividend payment date 1,870 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,691 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 116 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 127 5
- Director hired as an individual 66 2
- Real names 523 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 93 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,279 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 86 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 196 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 179 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 115 1
- Who owns the data 220 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 155 5
- Sole Trader Fees 119 1
- Loan interest rental property 193 5
- Theatre as charitable company 47 1
- Peer to Peer lending 137 5
- What's the plural? 671 14
- Well well well 256 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 432
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 333
- IFA incorporation 312
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 296
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 251
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 239
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 231
- Sorry ignore me 225