Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 152 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 170 2
- "Audit Report" 66 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 475 13
- Coding Notice 228 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 242 6
- New business - journal entries 410 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 224 3
- Payroll software 647 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 268 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 397 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 733 18
- B2B vat in the EU 188 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 200 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 229 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 197 4
- LLP as member of LLP 138 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,840 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 515 7
- Vat 306 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 866
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 721
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 411
- Social investment tax relief 219
- Digita Hosted Software 213
- Call Centre Data Costs 201
- accounting for this transaction 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 172
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 168
- Travel costs and contractors 167