Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 87 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 285 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 202 2
- cross border vat 107 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,889 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 755 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 256 12
- Can't read my handwriting 624 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,646 74
- Employing a carer 116 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 528 16
- PRR 441 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 212 13
- Corp Tax Refund 167 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 386 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 275 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 79 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 228 1
- Audit partner? 272 6
- Losses on FHL Property 116 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,371
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 516
- National Insurance 408
- Non Resident 317
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 220
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 181
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 149
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 145