Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Scottish Independance 368 13
- How to complain about HMRC 737 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 315 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 60 2
- Dress code 1,110 25
- NOMINAL CODES 302 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 140 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 673 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 654 17
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 275 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 209 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 357 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 421 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 88 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 240 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 329 12
- How much did you pay for your website 1,595 27
- Dividend 418 6
- FRS and Debtors 235 2
- What's in a name ? 629 6
- CTA study material 743
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 330
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 243
- Expat pension contributions? 233
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 128