Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 234 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,037 14
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 228 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 657 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 212 4
- Year end 135 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 559 21
- How would you account for warranty? 142 4
- LLP - Member leaving 118 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 390 22
- Sweet Tooth 168 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 174 2
- trading or dormant 113 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 109 1
- tax credits 133 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 567 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 270 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 117 1
- Foreign income for self employed 133 1
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 105 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 871
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 517
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 329
- How to format a stock book 309
- Tax efficient holding company structure 244
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 239
- Investment property company accounts template 225
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 191
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 162