Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- Anyone had this problem?? 468 14
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 288 4
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,207 107
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 22 1
- Client's company struck off 272 7
- Sole Trader Cessation 52 1
- Complex VAT Group 277 5
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 60 1
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 228 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 100 4
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 189 5
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 102 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 272 4
- Related party disclosures 279 4
- Stamp Duty Land Tax 147 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,234 21
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 380 4
- Company name change and Final Accounts - Can the Accounts be under new company name? 117 2
- Error or mistake in CT return 208 1
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 356 4
- QROP pension input amounts 464
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 404
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 404
- fraud 324
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 300
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 256
- Construction CIS LLP Company 239
- EPS and CIS deductions 238
- First Choice Final Accounts 193
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 182