Finance Lease vs Operating Lease
After some advice please.
We have just taken out a lease for some equipment. The Lease Agreement specifically says that ownership of the equipment remains with the Leasing Agency and that we cannot claim Capital Allowances on it.
I rang the leasing company and they advised that all payments including a large (£20k) deposit all go through the P&L.
Is this correct? We are liable for insuring the asset and can pay a nominal fee at the end of the leasing period to transfer ownership to us.
What do you think the treatment should be of it? Should I actually put it through the P&L or on the BS (Dr Fixed Assets Cr Obligations Under Finance Lease) - and then at what point would I reclaim the input VAT.
Any advice much appreciated.
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 105 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 143 2
- Gross sales to purchases 120 1
- I know ... 1,228 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 685 18
- Tax on principal private residence 222 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 224 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 247 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 230 4
- Personal pension contributions 250 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 323 4
- RTI Filing 949 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 261 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 397 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 215 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 132 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 457 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 663 14
- Tax calc and NIC 223 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,834 29
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 702
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 470
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 308
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 278
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 246
- growth voucher supplier 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 188
- VAT on Gaming Machines 169
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 158
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 155