Fixed Asset Investment in Kenya
I have a UK small company that has purchased shares in a company registered in Kenya.
The directors do not consider that there is any permanent diminution in value but I assume that the investment should be shown at cost and re-valued at the balance sheet date.
Any advice regarding accounting for this and any CT implications would be welcomed.
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 529 10
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 143 4
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 207 2
- Stumped - IHT 378 6
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 397 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 540 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 307 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 129 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 113 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 820 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,395 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 128 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 263 4
- True Potential AE 282 2
- Closing down loss-making company 523 6
- CGT and primary residence 232 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 343 2
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,256 14
- VAT disaggregation 298 4
- Giving shares away 467 8