Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Introduction of Goodwill 168 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 144 4
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 258 10
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 139 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 726 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 377 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 189 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 313 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 90 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 377 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 86 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 313 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 388 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 125 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 90 1
- VAT Registration 451 19
- Tax Credit Overpayment 271 9
- Property Expenses - Allowable 141 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 123 2
- Tax advice person/business 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,536
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 845
- International interest certificate 464
- NOVA 322
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 220
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 214
- Bonus Bonds 203
- Management expenses for investment company 199
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 189
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 177