Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Work to Rented Business Premises 117 1
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 120 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,157 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 377 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,148 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 122 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 256 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 153 2
- V T Software 174 2
- Thinning income 341 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 134 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 344 4
- tax credits 250 4
- Past rental expenses 116 1
- What do do about VAT? 541 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 285 5
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 191 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 221 4
- Audacity 1,322 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 695 8
- NHS finance professionals 594
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 389
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 324
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 305
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 271
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 225
- IFA income recognition & reporting 199
- Incorporating doctors 192