Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Fees 395 5
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 482 17
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 257 3
- www.pool.adzio 97 2
- Time to ditch Sage? 355 6
- Losses carry forward to self employed 135 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,858 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 273 3
- HMRC Post 551 7
- Transactions with directors 467 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 306 9
- Non VAT invoices 235 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 232 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,420 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 271 5
- Form 17 Download 185 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 584 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 398 4
- HMRC Information notice 1,007 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 301 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 416
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 369
- Electric Car 302
- S222 Charge 246
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 213
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 189
- AIA 186
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 181