Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Rogue Accountant 3,385 54
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 48 1
- Stock of photos to capatilise 208 9
- Practice management software 1,078 20
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 39 1
- micro entity balance sheet query 80 3
- Where has Portia gone? 3,244 88
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 327 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 148 1
- VAT on a private sale? 139 5
- RTI Payroll ID 567 17
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 221 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,221 24
- Payroll software 174 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 64 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 596 19
- Trade Association Dinner 151 1
- RTI - duplicate employee record 596 1
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 170 4
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 196 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 810
- Pensions Regulator 459
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 420
- Sanzar 323
- How do you do it 313
- Digital marketing focus group 305
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 278
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 180
- Fit for purpose 178