Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 207 4
- Follower cases 542 2
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 259 5
- PAYE coding out 88 2
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 680 23
- LIVE chat, starting now 424 2
- Late Registration for VAT 416 12
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 366 5
- TheTax Donut 1,113 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 141 3
- Can S455 tax repaid 98 2
- VAT avoidance? 93 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 273 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 690 10
- How to explain this to someone 366 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 70 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 701 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 305 4
- Old CGT loss 353 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 333 2
- Hive up 454
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 420
- corporate hierarchy 408
- Advice - 231
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 204
- Amortisation of Goodwill 199
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 187
- WWOOFers 184
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 167
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 165