Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 114 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 512 13
- Income from rent charged to business 117 2
- payroll software 363 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 435 5
- Statutory sick pay 305 4
- Dividend in specie 366 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 218 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 164 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 379 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,854 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 331 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 255 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 106 1
- Skandia using wrong address 571
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 249
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 227
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 151
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130