Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 632 10
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 50 2
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 135 2
- Company assets 340 15
- Self assessment 135 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 122 2
- Claiming VAT 103 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,097 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 170 4
- MoneySoft 122 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 266 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 265 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 149 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 497 9
- Director resignation 736 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,795 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 159 1
- CIS Only Scheme 106 1
- No payroll scheme in place 344 1
- Xero Training 392 3
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 477
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 265
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Accrued income scheme 178
- VAT - registration needed? 174
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 174