Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 331 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 86 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 326 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 153 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 213 4
- Rental property company 109 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 306 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 262 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 384 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 158 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 197 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 493 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 184 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,139 34
- Flat rate vat 242 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 393 3
- Splitting the tax year 194 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 293
- Director Loan account operation 272
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 261
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 259
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 238
- Paye procedures for CVA 179