Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Bereavment payment 93 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 482 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 98 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,110 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 273 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 347 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,295 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 150 2
- Companies House incorporation service 349 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 78 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 151 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 206 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 268 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 153 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 134 2
- Trading income or not? 199 1
- Charge HMRC 429 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 320
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 294
- CIS schemes 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 188
- Investment 187
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 179