Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- PAYE 227 4
- Tax-free savings and "taxable income" 3,032 58
- R&D tax credits 147 7
- Sage Payroll 277 6
- FBI2 227 5
- Rent -sole trader 149 2
- Pension enolement 22 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,117 14
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 328 8
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 317 1
- Trust income, R185 form 116 2
- Trust 129 2
- Before 2015 budget did dividend income impact on savings tax rate up to 2014-2015? 398 11
- Client's company struck off 2,264 27
- Sale of land at an undervalue in return for an income stream? 52 2
- sage 223 5
- Pre trading expenditure 89 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 116 2
- Double entry 293 6
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 145 2
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 550
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 472
- EPS and CIS deductions 331
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 313
- Construction CIS LLP Company 307
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 275
- Overdrawn director account 233
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 208
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 207
- How many April fools? 182