Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 95 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 229 1
- will this work for IHT 251 2
- Best software for small practice? 637 20
- Paid too much !! 260 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,745 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 269 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 215 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 486 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 126 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 105 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 111 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 480 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 159 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 275 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 265 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,331 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,277 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 249
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 192
- Capital Gains personal representatives 182
- Just checking re PSA 175