Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 17 2
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 84 1
- calculate mortgage interest 297 2
- Advice on letting a client go ? 558 10
- client can't/won't pay 1,505 26
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 685 26
- Directors NIC's 125 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 56 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 138 2
- Declaration of interest 181 7
- Do we have to register for VAT? 402 8
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 234 6
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 83 1
- White van man 824 27
- Close Ltd and be taxed as a sole trader 138 5
- Company Van taxable benefit 144 4
- Reclaiming VAT on unpaid invoices 98 3
- Unbelievable!! 747 6
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 384 1
- Receipt bank 296 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 872
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 568
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 533
- Latest phishing scam 462
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 335
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 239
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 219
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 162