Flat Conversion Allowances and CGT on Disposal
Hopefully somebody can clarify this...
Purchase property for £500K, spend £250K converting upper floors to Flats, then claim FCA on the 250K. All FCA qualifying conditions met and claim allowed by HMRC.
Original advice given by accountant was that on disposal of the property the £250K would be allowable expenditure to claim for CGT purposes even though the Flat Conversion Allowances were being claimed.
Disposal would be at profit and more than 7 years since project so no balancing charges to consider.
Thanks in advance....
- SMP reclaimable by employer 116 2
- Company Director In Prison 487 12
- Flat rate VAT 143 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,395 23
- Accounts Software 222 8
- Deduction from Salary 856 23
- National insurance contributions 113 1
- AWeb - download file 212 4
- Director Drawings 251 6
- Incorporated when they should not have 310 9
- Accountancy Career 360 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,724 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 144 1
- HMRC Agents Line 239 4
- calculation DTR restriction 101 1
- Charity work 257 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 307 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 289 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 244 7
- Collection or business assets 124 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 686
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 533
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 330
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206