Flat Rate Scheme turnover exceeded
I'm a bit confused about when a trader has to leave the VAT Flat Rate Scheme.
The turnover at the year end was under £230k (just), which was to 31 Jan 2012. However, on a rolling basis they will be over in the next month or so.
Do they have to leave the scheme when they exceed the turnover on a 12month rolling basis or can they wait until after 31 Jan 2013.
It seems to be on reading Notice 733 they can wait for another year end to pass but it doesn't feel right.
Assume for the purposes of this that their anniversary of joining the scheme is the same as their year end..
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 181 5
- The Cotter Case 176 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 106 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 132 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 51 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 152 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 151 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 143 1
- Giving a seminar 681 36
- Tax position on lease extension 175 1
- Boffin of the Year 298 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 218 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 78 1
- Non sequitur 250 2
- Am i Liable? 881 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 170 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 155 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 77 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,295
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 640
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 422
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 212
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 169
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 148