foreign capital gains tax
I would be obliged if anyone could tell me if I am missing something here. The figures are rough so please don't pick any holes in them!!
A Cypriot property was purchased in 2002 for 59000 cypriot pounds - circa £64000 sterling. Converting this into euros at that date on OANDA is about €101,000, although Cyprus didn't enter the euro until 2008.
It was sold in 2009 for €130,000 less fees of €9000 = €121,000 circa £112,000 sterling which equals approx 64,000 cypriot pounds.
There was no capital gains tax to pay in Cyprus.
The cypriot pound and euro gains are relatively small however the sterling gain is circa £48,000. I believe it is this figure that the UK Capital Gains Tax liability should be based on but the client disagrees.
Any help / pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 148 1
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 158 1
- Auto enrolment 424 8
- Audacity 919 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 382 7
- Late registration for MOSS 237 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 368 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 265 5
- Self employed care worker 482 10
- Client right to working papers 323 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 538 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 341 4
- Professional Clearance 1,047 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 269 5
- Illegal share transfer 447 5
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 169 2
- Company Strike off 1,841 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,144 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 393 3
- Estate admin practicalities 225 1
- NHS finance professionals 533
- VAL231 408
- Mother and son property ownership 377
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 359
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 306
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 285
- vat gross profit percentage margins 273
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 225