Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Accountex flash mob 107 1
- Direct payment schene 53 3
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,136 37
- Capital introduction 84 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,000 26
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 92 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,158 35
- Property sale split between years 190 6
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 262 8
- CIS Deductions 281 8
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 182 4
- sole trader to ltd company 153 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 327 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 269 7
- Dual taxation - usa 188 2
- My house has fallen down 527 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 126 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 286 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 137 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 138 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 326
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 191