Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 491 14
- Dividend Vouchers 357 5
- Gift to employee 397 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 156 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 127 2
- practice planning 73 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,105 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 174 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 153 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,651 10
- Which address 1,070 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 600 20
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,510 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,218 44
- R&D tax claim 258 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 546 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 207 7
- Tax Allowance on University Course 197 1
- Transfer of a business 131 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,169 22
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 487
- CTA study material 459
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 337
- Pre incorp expenses 321
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 271
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 262
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 212
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 167
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 140
- Employment related securities question 128