Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Probate services 243 2
- Group relief for CT 78 2
- Practical experience 743 14
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 188 10
- Here we go.... 393 11
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,223 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,499 32
- Community Faux Pas 499 18
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 610 20
- VAT - Check on clients business 735 29
- Which VAT rate to use 97 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 243 3
- trading losses allowable? 629 8
- Do I need to register for VAT 291 13
- Post AAT? 547 2
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,955 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 318 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 218 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 301 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,380 23