Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 456 19
- valuation of vehicles 367 16
- Director registration for SA question 358 14
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 161 5
- Business only use of company car 664 26
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 55 2
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 493 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 278 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 914 29
- New Company reviews please 522 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 280 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 171 2
- VAT with Russia 185 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 228 4
- Money Laundering Manual 295 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 235 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,093 29
- directors loan 327 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 361 4
- CIS not deducted 348 5
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 289
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 239
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 215
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 214
- auto enrolment 183
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 150
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 145