Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,176 19
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,232 12
- Best software for small practice? 332 11
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 145 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 129 4
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 280 6
- HMRC Statements 267 4
- Costly Accounting Software contract 435 2
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 236 3
- Company Number 10000000 619 5
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 199 2
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 207 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,328 21
- Cloud-based email services? 580 11
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 478 6
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 158 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 685 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 441 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 544 12
- Land Registry 344 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 756
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 449
- Directors' advances and credits 304
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 260
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 241
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 211
- Apprenticeship Levy 190
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 185