Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 92 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 782 31
- Quickbooks 2015 163 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 321 13
- Sage reporting 89 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,765 41
- Directors loan accounts 228 6
- Professional Clearance 1,500 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 319 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 92 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 117 2
- BTC Software 248 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 178 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 93 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 568 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,701 25
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 96 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 231 7
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 221 7
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 204 8
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,012
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 520
- NOVA 476
- Bonus Bonds 359
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 344
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 260
- Payment for Promotional Samples 233
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 229
- Friendly Pensions 155
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 145