Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Stand alone practice management software 2,025 32
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 28 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 333 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 91 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 697 11
- Family Partnership 113 1
- flat rate scheme 2,214 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 365 10
- Can anybody recommend any software 145 1
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,359 14
- Legal advisor recommendation please 263 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 183 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 186 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 188 3
- Termination Payment 505 15
- Company Share Buy Back 344 8
- P11D Car Value 139 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 251 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 301 5
- bookkeeping system 700 9