Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Will I need to resign? 351 6
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 72 5
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 101 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 281 5
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 203 3
- Trade creditor journal 101 2
- How much of your work is admin? 672 8
- Nominal Ledger 413 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 174 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 200 5
- Old CGT loss 236 4
- Limited company purchase of property 467 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 475 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 981 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 402 9
- HMRC Distraint 139 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 161 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 228 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 443 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,380 42