Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 120 7
- Settlement discount 86 4
- Homing sandwiches 402 10
- CT600 68 2
- signature required 465 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 493 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 167 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 155 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 103 2
- Pratice Management Software 78 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 197 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 117 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 181 2
- Related Party Transactions 106 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 97 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 756 13
- More AE! 761 17
- Web sites 247 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 609 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,236
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 517
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 308
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 235
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 189
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 157