Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 134 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 137 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 236 5
- Sell business after leaving country 141 2
- How much to charge? 258 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 183 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 640 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 245 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 131 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 395 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,003 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 407 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 208 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 297 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 187 4
- IHT Query 255 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 701 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- New Fangled Penalties 221
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 170