Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,463 31
- Is this fraud? 292 5
- Saying goodbye 413 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 819 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 191 5
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 351 16
- Sportman claiming for training kit 991 11
- Flat rate scheme 169 3
- Drop box Storage 193 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 273 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,188 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 619 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 128 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 415 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 133 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 364 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 118 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 306 1
- Naming new company 208 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,270
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 453
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 266
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 259
- Franchise income and costs 238
- Hands on experience of Digita 196
- Employer's Helpline 144
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 139
- employment capital allowances 136