Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Flat Rate VAT 140 1
- SA302 375 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 477 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 399 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 441 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 408 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 194 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 199 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,517 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 144 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 252 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,249 19
- Go Cardless 403 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 358 3
- Mehjoo 350 2
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 205 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 305 13
- Bringing money to Uk 316 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 227 4
- Hmrc software 278 3
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 222
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 219
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161