Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 540 15
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,589 28
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 395 8
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,353 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,609 19
- "Audit Report" 179 3
- Free invoicing software 237 3
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 134 2
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 210 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 109 1
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 764 19
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 213 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 236 2
- Coding Notice 258 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 277 6
- New business - journal entries 435 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 245 3
- Payroll software 668 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 302 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 416 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 913
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 727
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 221
- accounting for this transaction 212
- Call Centre Data Costs 207
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 189
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 182
- Travel costs and contractors 179