Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- client threatening legal action 2,098 30
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 76 3
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 133 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 139 1
- Instant CPD offer 291 4
- Cash basis 522 13
- Income from rent charged to business 143 2
- payroll software 377 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 448 5
- Statutory sick pay 316 4
- Dividend in specie 372 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 224 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 181 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 148 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 278 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 297 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 178 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 398 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,862 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 339 3
- Skandia using wrong address 582
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 311
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- Employee rewards 291
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 261
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 231
- Etax Australian 191
- LLP in Construction Industry 157
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 134
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 134