Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,036 14
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 219 8
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 223 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 654 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 210 4
- Year end 126 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 557 21
- How would you account for warranty? 138 4
- LLP - Member leaving 114 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 390 22
- Sweet Tooth 164 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 171 2
- trading or dormant 110 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 107 1
- tax credits 129 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 567 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 268 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 114 1
- Foreign income for self employed 131 1
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 102 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 869
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 516
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 329
- How to format a stock book 307
- Tax efficient holding company structure 244
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 239
- Investment property company accounts template 225
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 190
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 162