Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- Parent and subsidiary... 131 5
- Clothing 547 16
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 193 7
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 190 8
- Anybody still doing returns? 777 32
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,225 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 358 16
- Designated sole Residence 161 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 733 15
- Anyone know what this is? 283 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 919 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 541 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 279 9
- no utr 309 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,143 49
- Director drawings 612 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 300 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 95 1
- Capital Loss 143 3
- LLP formed in 2013 115 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 600
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 327
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199