Foreign Currency Journal
I am hoping some of you accountants can explain to me the postings necessary to move funds between two banks accounts in different currencies.
Just a good old fashioned T - Balance type thing.
The computer system I have does not have an Interbank transfer facility such as Quickbooks and from memory, I cannot post directly between bank accounts. I have to use an intermediary.
For example I have a bank account in Sterling and one in Dollars.(Even though it is just an example I think it is best to avoid Euros :-))
I want to move £ 100 to the Dollar account and this will become $150. What are the postings that keep this all in balance? There isn't an exchange / gain or loss that I can see and I am ignoring charges etc.
Thank you for any assistance.
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 205 3
- Undisclosed income 67 1
- Private Investment Company 114 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 56 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,626 44
- New company - form a group? 182 3
- Small company audit 107 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 272 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 780 17
- CIC Company 412 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,679 57
- Is this a scam? 784 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 143 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 351 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 256 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 262 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 383 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,334 33
- Dividend dates 493 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 600
- Cancelled 349
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 334
- Cancelled 286
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 257
- Probiz 245
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 197
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 182
- Car leasing scheme 180
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 169