Foreign Tax Credit Relief
Can someone please confirm my understanding of this please?
Tax payer has Australian employment income of £25k which has been taxed significantly in Australia.
UK Income is rental income £4k and dividends £19k. Without foreign employment income no UK tax due as not hitting higher rates. If add in employment income will be tax on dividends in higher rate so can I claim FTCR on the additional tax due?
Guidance says FTCR is lower of foreign tax paid and additional tax due on this source of income but as dividends always top slice is this correct?
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 17 1
- client issues 129 3
- break even point 333 10
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 716 17
- Setting up an offshore company 186 2
- Payroll software 301 12
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 64 1
- Sage Line 50 Help 37 1
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 249 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 379 20
- Rip off letting agents 575 12
- VAT silly question 2,113 44
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 59 1
- Automatic Enrolment Letter code 143 3
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 284 7
- Profit split on buy-to let 165 2
- BrightPay 456 12
- Question for FreeAgent users 201 6
- Hello there 494 4
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,714 41