Foreign Tax Credit Relief
Can someone please confirm my understanding of this please?
Tax payer has Australian employment income of £25k which has been taxed significantly in Australia.
UK Income is rental income £4k and dividends £19k. Without foreign employment income no UK tax due as not hitting higher rates. If add in employment income will be tax on dividends in higher rate so can I claim FTCR on the additional tax due?
Guidance says FTCR is lower of foreign tax paid and additional tax due on this source of income but as dividends always top slice is this correct?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,087 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 126 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 600 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 120 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 120 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 169 1
- How to deal with prior year error 168 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 537 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,342 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 658 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 415 4
- Exemption from CGT 248 2
- VAT Registration 254 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 446 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 350 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 197 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26