Franchise-Cheap Accounting etc
I am an ACCA member working in industry without any actual practice experience (but 10 years all round accounting experience). I have always wanted to go into practice to supplement my income and to eventually escape the rat race. I have read about Cheap Accounting in the opportunities section and wondered what your thoughts were for someone in my position (no PC).
It would seem to solve the problem of no PC and provide valuable advice/backup in the early years. One of my concerns is that the price £7k and ongoing monthly fees would mean starting full time rather than part time.
Would this money be better spent by just asking a local accountant to provide me the same support? I would rather not lose my ACCA membership but am prepared to if all other avenues are closed.
I have searched and read a few horror stories on here about franchises but it does seem to be sensible for someone in my position (qualified but no PC and working full time). I need a devils advocate!
I am based around Sidcup (SE London/Kent).
Thanks in advance
- Comments on this scenario 117 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 221 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 114 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,639 67
- Penalties 112 1
- SAGE con 223 4
- rates of pay query 220 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 89 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 141 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 199 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 108 1
- Overpayment relief claim 157 5
- Charity reserves 131 3
- Have i messed up? 672 10
- Year end 363 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 227 3
- Related Parties Note 420 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 109 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 132 4
- loss on carbon credits 113 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,018
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 555
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 363
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Charge out rates in London? 211
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151