FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 997 14
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 88 3
- Invoice dispute 527 5
- Should I move back home away from my office? 164 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 650 31
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 224 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 395 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 78 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 76 1
- Relevance of UK Residency 59 1
- More AE! 584 12
- IHT dilemma 1,309 20
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 413 4
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,986 18
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 205 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 153 1
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 202 4
- Micro Entity Accounts 314 3
- Aweb tracking ... 270 3
- PAYE 1,447 16
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,132
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 789
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 473
- Digita Hosted Software 312
- Credit where credit's due....... 252
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 217
- Director phone costs 206
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 179
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 154
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 141