FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 202 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 209 5
- Redundancy pay for directors? 142 4
- Problem partnership fees 117 1
- Small company audit 194 7
- Car financed by employee 98 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 96 1
- Undisclosed income 163 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 294 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,757 46
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 243 4
- Private Investment Company 137 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 116 1
- New company - form a group? 199 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 798 17
- CIC Company 434 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,708 57
- Is this a scam? 820 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 162 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 369 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 605
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 288
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 203
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 188
- Car leasing scheme 184
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 178