FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Moneysoft - technical query 533 17
- Freelance/Employee 83 3
- Profit split from an investment property 222 7
- VAT - How hard is it? 795 29
- The importance of Grammar 1,403 44
- VAT & Offshore Companies 258 7
- VAT and customer entertaining 259 4
- tax saving on card points 279 7
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 296 6
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,316 11
- Xero Pain Points 571 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 193 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 723 12
- PI cover 255 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 977 15
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,482 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 222 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 282 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 274 9
- Scissors 915 24
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 376
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 333
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 314
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 301
- Electric Car 251
- S222 Charge 220
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 202
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 187