FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- error on companies house accounts 722 18
- RTI penalties 78 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 513 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 133 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 307 5
- US Sales Tax 112 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 367 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 198 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 133 1
- Group Relief 127 4
- R&D Credits 102 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 248 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 120 2
- Clients 681 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 314 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 134 3
- Starting new accounting business 298 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 462 10
- Sage Payroll 119 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 117 2
- QROP pension input amounts 499
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 481
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 444
- EPS and CIS deductions 298
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 290
- Construction CIS LLP Company 283
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 248
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 205
- SAGE winforecast 203
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 186