FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 263 10
- Interest relief before property is rented out 121 2
- Dividend 322 6
- FRS and Debtors 150 2
- What's in a name ? 528 6
- Helping out a friend 425 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 227 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 407 5
- ACCA practice certificates 323 4
- Dress code 839 21
- How much did you pay for your website 1,552 26
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,273 36
- Umbrella Companies 260 3
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 265 4
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 173 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 513 3
- What would you do in this situation? 815 15
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 322 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 596 16
- Project being run jointly 264 3
- CTA study material 736
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 457
- Employment related securities question 294
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 289
- AIM Stocks and IHT 264
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 239
- Expat pension contributions? 227
- Trust for Employee 221
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 212
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 138