FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 238 8
- Director's tax return 314 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 68 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 158 2
- Sage Payroll 306 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 198 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,050 33
- vat return 256 3
- Flat rate vat 137 1
- Value pricing 725 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 159 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 226 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 291 4
- Reregister for VAT 152 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 201 6
- Weely paid employees 255 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 503 11
- Wrong career 494 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 301 7
- Laptop purchase 1,413 20
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 799
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 553
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 421
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 300
- Free Tax Legislation? 269
- Director Loan account operation 251
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 247
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 241
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160