FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Can't read my handwriting 583 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,840 487
- Employing a carer 99 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 160 11
- Fees for Property Tax Return 507 16
- PRR 437 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 188 13
- Corp Tax Refund 148 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 348 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 269 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 65 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 199 1
- Audit partner? 250 6
- Losses on FHL Property 107 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 266 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 168 1
- corp tax software 987 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 315 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,617 72
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 716 15
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,371
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 516
- National Insurance 406
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 239
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 219
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 180
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 147
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 142