FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 49 2
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 102 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,068 24
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 291 8
- Write off of former director's loan 371 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 224 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 208 13
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 130 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 255 4
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 188 6
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 236 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 177 3
- Dispensation pointless ? 316 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 221 6
- SME Direct Debit 687 11
- Accountant software 449 13
- Accounting jobs in the UK 177 2
- CIS gross status review 130 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 135 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 389 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 767
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 487
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 303
- How to format a stock book 269
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 219
- Tax efficient holding company structure 207
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 200
- Investment property company accounts template 192
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 176
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 165