FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- What does it mean?? 177 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 148 5
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 565 11
- Tax Credit Overpayment 218 8
- A question about share structure 185 3
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 210 5
- Holding companies 125 5
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 76 1
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 86 2
- another ir35!!!! 975 5
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 515 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 198 6
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 86 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 169 1
- VAT Registration 395 18
- Gifting shares 230 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 653 5
- Notes to statutory accounts 191 9
- Childminding & Wear & Tear Allowance 90 1
- VAT on motor expenses 852 30
- Skandia using wrong address 1,525
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 839
- International interest certificate 457
- NOVA 314
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 203
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 202
- Bonus Bonds 198
- Management expenses for investment company 191
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 178
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165