FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 91 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 533 14
- Joint filing delays 114 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 216 9
- Vat threshold issues 187 4
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 322 2
- private to company car? 226 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 176 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 121 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 286 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 143 4
- Partner with an IVA 195 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 341 6
- R&D tax claim 132 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 613 13
- Growing pains 387 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 242 14
- Consequential loss claim 142 3
- ATT Annual Return Problems 131 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 117 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 420
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 304
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 290
- Pre incorp expenses 284
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 248
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 212
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 189
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 179