FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,301 20
- CIS and Close Company 108 3
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,149 16
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 292 1
- VAT Option to tax 465 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 160 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 192 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 127 2
- Director leaving in month 1 138 2
- Ex Gratia payments 78 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 267 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 159 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 189 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 186 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 172 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 49 1
- EIS - connection through employment 95 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 246 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 57 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 231 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 909
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 640
- Free Tax Legislation? 404
- Director Loan account operation 397
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 337
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 318
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 224
- Paye procedures for CVA 219
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 184
- Pension Fixed Protection 161