FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,012 26
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,772 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 99 1
- Late Registration for VAT 167 5
- Registering a company late 231 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 273 4
- physiotherapy clinic 553 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,910 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 92 2
- Deferred Tax 134 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 84 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 414 7
- How much of your work is admin? 175 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,796 19
- Goodwill complications 155 2
- Personal pension 219 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 181 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 300 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 260 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 992 26
- TheTax Donut 1,011
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 673
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 620
- Follower cases 487
- Limited company purchase of property 414
- Hive up 413
- corporate hierarchy 380
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 377
- LIVE chat, starting now 325
- AIA or IFA 211