FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Bereavment payment 93 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 481 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 98 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,109 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 273 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 347 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,295 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 150 2
- Companies House incorporation service 349 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 78 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 151 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 206 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 268 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 153 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 134 2
- Trading income or not? 199 1
- Charge HMRC 429 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 320
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 294
- CIS schemes 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 188
- Investment 187
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178