FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 15 1
- flat rate scheme 188 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 221 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,972 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 143 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 478 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 168 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 104 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,286 37
- Turnover on a tax return 558 12
- incorrect old p60 567 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 147 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 189 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 373 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5