FRSSE statements at odds with Companies Act Statements?
Has anyone else had a problem with CH rejecting accounts when using the following statements after the balance sheet for FRSSE accounts? The wording below was taken straight out of the FRSSE 2008 section 2.36 and 2.37 which I downloaded from the ASB website -
The company has taken advantage of the small companies exemption from audit. The directors acknowledge that:
- for the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption (under sections 475 and 477 of the Companies Act 2006);
- No member or members eligible to do so have deposited a notice requesting an audit within the specified time period; and
- The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the Companies Act 2006 with respect to accounting records and for preparing accounts which give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company as at the end of the financial year and of its profit and loss account for the financial year in accordance with the requirements of sections 394 and 395 (Duty to prepare individual company accounts and applicable accounting framework), and which otherwise comply with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to accounts so far as is applicable to the company.
- The accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions relating to small companies within Part 15 of the Companies Act 2006.
· They have requested that the following statement be used instead -
- For the year ending XX/XX/XXXX the company was entitled to the exemption from audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
- The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.
- The director's acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and for the preparation of accounts.
- These accounts are prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
Have I just made a bleeding obvious mistake here or are the FRSSEs incorrect/misleading in their statement on page 7 paragraph 3 under the heading 'Status of the FRSSE' that 'The legal requirements set out in the FRSSE are intended to reflect company law, including the Companies Act 2006 and amendments and regulations issued thereunder...'.
Someone else must have come across this already if following FRSSEs so I would be eager to hear their comments.
- Foster Care 15 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 325 5
- letter of reference 122 1
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 43 1
- are we that stupid 836 18
- Self Assessment penalties again 267 3
- Flat Management Company 187 1
- Share structure questions - close company 166 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 158 4
- Income prior to company formation 336 9
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 719 12
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 305 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 116 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 523 5
- Practice software 1,417 20
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 360 1
- Company leaving VAT group 167 4
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 609 18
- Staff training 1,548 13
- Goodwill on incorporation 273 2
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 327
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 286
- French ConnectionUK 265
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 245
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 215
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 213
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 150
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 147
- Indian Provident Fund 145
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 145