FSA Appointed representative and VAT
There are 2 separate companies for financial services. 1 being principal and the other an appointed representative.
Can anyone clarify how the VAT would work in the following scenarios.
The income is vat exempt.
1. Client belongs to AR. Agreed split 50/50. Income received by Principal. AR then charges Principal for their 50% cut. I presume this charge is VAT exempt.
2. Same scenario as 1 but income received by AR. Principal then charges AR for their 50% (the work has been undertaken by principals advisor). Is this charge still VAT exempt or is their VAT chargeable because of services provided to AR by principal?
- Anybody still doing returns? 100 5
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 165 6
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,668 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 214 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 301 13
- Clothing 401 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 94 6
- Why do I do this every year 541 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 702 24
- Interest on pre-letting? 54 3
- client can't/won't pay 2,014 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 286 5
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,654 43
- Self assesment online 1,066 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 119 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 745 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 256 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 147 1
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 169 2
- Non resident income. 486 21
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 586
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 423
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182