FSA Appointed representative and VAT
There are 2 separate companies for financial services. 1 being principal and the other an appointed representative.
Can anyone clarify how the VAT would work in the following scenarios.
The income is vat exempt.
1. Client belongs to AR. Agreed split 50/50. Income received by Principal. AR then charges Principal for their 50% cut. I presume this charge is VAT exempt.
2. Same scenario as 1 but income received by AR. Principal then charges AR for their 50% (the work has been undertaken by principals advisor). Is this charge still VAT exempt or is their VAT chargeable because of services provided to AR by principal?
- Where can I get the information for this 350 7
- BrightPay 353 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 186 3
- CGT &LLP 56 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 529 4
- Setting up an offshore company 63 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 174 16
- Secure document exchange 104 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 152 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 383 7
- break even point 148 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 109 3
- Fax to email providers 321 11
- Payroll software 222 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 121 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 138 4
- How to issue shares to investors 73 1
- Expense management software 625 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,101 84
- Tax code 134 1