FSA Appointed representative and VAT
There are 2 separate companies for financial services. 1 being principal and the other an appointed representative.
Can anyone clarify how the VAT would work in the following scenarios.
The income is vat exempt.
1. Client belongs to AR. Agreed split 50/50. Income received by Principal. AR then charges Principal for their 50% cut. I presume this charge is VAT exempt.
2. Same scenario as 1 but income received by AR. Principal then charges AR for their 50% (the work has been undertaken by principals advisor). Is this charge still VAT exempt or is their VAT chargeable because of services provided to AR by principal?
- Directors Loan Account Question 61 3
- HMRC - never move address as an agent 878 16
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 745 30
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 175 5
- Allowable expenses on retal property 391 12
- VAT "Scheme" 69 2
- Company accounts for £350 400 14
- Employer Paid Travelcard and Maternity Leave 83 2
- Refreshments provided at event: client entertainment or not? 161 3
- question 577 7
- Directors Current Account and dividends 373 22
- Marriage Allowance Transfer 143 6
- Company Limited by Guarantee 169 2
- Property pages or self-employed? 300 7
- wife as partner 133 3
- 10% Wear And Tear Allowance UK Property 120 1
- Identity Checks 230 7
- Running Sage on a Mac 183 3
- Do I need to file a tax return whilst working abroad? 108 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 722 28
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 294
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 275
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 266
- French ConnectionUK 211
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 195
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 192
- APN's 177
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 168
- FRS 101 Software 161