FSA Appointed representative and VAT
There are 2 separate companies for financial services. 1 being principal and the other an appointed representative.
Can anyone clarify how the VAT would work in the following scenarios.
The income is vat exempt.
1. Client belongs to AR. Agreed split 50/50. Income received by Principal. AR then charges Principal for their 50% cut. I presume this charge is VAT exempt.
2. Same scenario as 1 but income received by AR. Principal then charges AR for their 50% (the work has been undertaken by principals advisor). Is this charge still VAT exempt or is their VAT chargeable because of services provided to AR by principal?
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 283 6
- Childcare vouchers 63 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 187 5
- VAT avoidance? 147 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 135 3
- PAYE coding out 122 3
- Follower cases 559 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 312 3
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 712 23
- LIVE chat, starting now 439 2
- Late Registration for VAT 431 12
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 391 5
- TheTax Donut 1,126 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 321 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 696 10
- How to explain this to someone 389 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 80 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 706 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 315 4
- Old CGT loss 358 10
- Hive up 458
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 424
- corporate hierarchy 410
- Advice - 234
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 208
- Amortisation of Goodwill 200
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 191
- WWOOFers 185
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 168
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 166