FSA Appointed representative and VAT
There are 2 separate companies for financial services. 1 being principal and the other an appointed representative.
Can anyone clarify how the VAT would work in the following scenarios.
The income is vat exempt.
1. Client belongs to AR. Agreed split 50/50. Income received by Principal. AR then charges Principal for their 50% cut. I presume this charge is VAT exempt.
2. Same scenario as 1 but income received by AR. Principal then charges AR for their 50% (the work has been undertaken by principals advisor). Is this charge still VAT exempt or is their VAT chargeable because of services provided to AR by principal?
- can I claim a per diem 190 4
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 759 18
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 123 3
- Linux Accounting Software 547 13
- Dispensation pointless ? 497 13
- RTI due -no broadband 91 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 455 12
- Shareholders selling shares to shareholders, how to account for it? 64 1
- Is Hold over relief available? 96 4
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 250 7
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 852 10
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,190 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 457 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 380 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 221 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 408 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 854 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 491 11
- SME Direct Debit 735 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,120 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 814
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 497
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 314
- How to format a stock book 278
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 217
- Investment property company accounts template 210
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 207
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 176