A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 267 4
- Companies House 555 9
- Dress code 272 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 101 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 284 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 704 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,404 25
- What would you do in this situation? 568 13
- Help Required 355 10
- directors control and tax problems 200 5
- Fastest Software 775 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 941 28
- What's in a name ? 320 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 250 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 439 15
- Bulk Invoicing 180 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 158 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 250 2
- ATED Penalties 277 1
- late second payment on account 181 2
- CTA study material 704
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 428
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 202
- Trust for Employee 188
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 186
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 164
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 160