A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- directors loan 242 7
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 811 27
- Director registration for SA question 251 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 210 3
- New Company reviews please 455 12
- Business only use of company car 603 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 335 4
- CIS not deducted 302 5
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 370 14
- Car Capital Contribution 180 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 198 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 78 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 352 8
- VAT with Russia 119 1
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,038 28
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 204 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,154 9
- CGT on Let Property 234 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 278
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 234
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 208
- Any thoughts on Capium? 195
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 176
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 146
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 145