A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 816 8
- CGT Problem 571 6
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 421 4
- Where is Section 809 of ITA 2007? 174 7
- Self Assessment - income for US property 57 2
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 338 4
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 294 8
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 1,285 12
- Time to ditch Sage? 608 10
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,063 47
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 652 21
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 229 2
- HMRC Post 741 10
- Star v Sage for bureau payroll work 91 2
- www.pool.adzio 295 4
- Losses carry forward to self employed 371 6
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 407 6
- The Higgs Decision 480 5
- Selling Business 170 1
- Freelance/Employee 781 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 776
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 423
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 376
- Electric Car 313
- S222 Charge 258
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 227
- IP trans to holding company 206
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 196
- AIA 194
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 190