A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 44 2
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 128 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 946 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 254 4
- Overlap relief 608 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 120 3
- Ex-gratia payments 154 4
- Employment status 102 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 499 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,741 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 144 2
- HMRC Email 208 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 245 12
- Government Gateway 1,067 17
- Intercompany advice 75 1
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 157 6
- How to pay national insurance 418 12
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,779 19
- New Website Look 546 14
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 113 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 364
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 360
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 333
- Perkbox 298
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 285
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 260
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 255
- Document Management Systems 235
- WIP Software 220