A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- transitioning payroll 207 7
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 82 2
- dividend proposals 54 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 210 2
- Deduction from Salary 272 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 169 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,688 60
- Dividend dates 534 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 71 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 425 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 153 2
- 12 Pay Problems 241 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 232 3
- Sole properietor 119 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 77 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 475 13
- VAT - Recharge 92 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 352 4
- Legal title not in the company name 231 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 308
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 280
- Probiz 270
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 227
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 226
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 172