A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Can you use dividends to pay off interest charged on Directors Loan Accounts 64 3
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 306 8
- Autumn statement 89 4
- How much detail should you put on CT600A 32 1
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 294 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 973 40
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 97 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,629 26
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 597 23
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,169 38
- Sale of business assets 115 3
- Moneysoft error 495 8
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,731 40
- Auto Enrol with Salary exchange 135 2
- GRNI - Normal Balance 162 5
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 227 2
- Compare 2 lists 1,749 32
- Voluntary dissolution of company 216 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,364 25
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 189 1