A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- 40% rule for travel expenses 347 10
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,665 436
- Cash injection by shareholder 278 7
- Fees for Property Tax Return 117 3
- capital gains on PPR 149 7
- Separating business for VAT purposes 63 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,238 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 329 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 263 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 411 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,399 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 347 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 290 8
- PRR 329 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 229 3
- corp tax software 386 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 459 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 485 7
- Which tax box 211 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 187 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,308
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 471
- National Insurance 365
- Non Resident 290
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 177
- Employer's Helpline 161
- employment capital allowances 156
- CIS paid under reg 9 149