A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- What are options for non CA firm 2,033 38
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 344 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,710 26
- Errors in prior year accounts 901 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 577 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 633 6
- Unallocated client money 443 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,022 41
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,470 26
- Expenses Apps 262 5
- VAT & capitalising 167 3
- Final year's accounts 190 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 389 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 334 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 300 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 171 2
- Invoice Help 269 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 216 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 281 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 263 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 287
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 194
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 177
- What's the market like for temps? 169