A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Commission on holiday accrual 39 1
- error on companies house accounts 82 4
- Newly Started Practice 148 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 150 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 173 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 58 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 83 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 340 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 217 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 162 2
- Generic Notification Notices 116 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 441 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 431 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 79 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 241 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 143 1
- fraud 414 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 237 3
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 413
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 263
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 211
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165