A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,665 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 167 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 323 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 127 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 388 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,461 18
- Vat 244 4
- CT/CIS offset 119 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 170 4
- Trade name 172 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 310 20
- B2B vat in the EU 110 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 312 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 128 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 409 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 105 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 783
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 707
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 388
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 151
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 138