A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Inheritance tax 229 12
- Tax residence 90 2
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 116 1
- Which software for practice books? 308 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 131 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,638 33
- Accountant software 293 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 453 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 104 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 424 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 231 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,885 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 96 1
- Renting property to yourself 327 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 387 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 105 4
- register as self employed? 137 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 163 1
- VAT enquiry 105 1
- Write off of former director's loan 242 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 648
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 277
- How to format a stock book 236
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 196
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 187
- Tax efficient holding company structure 176
- Investment property company accounts template 165
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 163