A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 138 2
- Merging my businesses 193 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 559 19
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 59 1
- Where has Portia gone? 1,967 66
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 355 8
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 457 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 332 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 326 1
- Holiday entitlement 576 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 192 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 477 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 319 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 138 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 144 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 927 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 225 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 425 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 358 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 554
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 303
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 292
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 270
- Report old income 241