A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 427 8
- Goodie bag 64 1
- Career in Practice 90 2
- Relevant life plan 332 8
- Limited Company expenses 362 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 185 6
- Telemarketing 148 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 129 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 108 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 170 3
- how to value rental space 84 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 317 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 62 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 453 5
- Output tax for retailer 257 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 445 11
- Budget 2015 predictions 162 4
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,931 32
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 95 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 124 2
- Possible Partnership? 593
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 499
- New Fangled Penalties 404
- Clubs and Taxable Income 328
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 296
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 249
- Loans to other companies 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 210
- Outsource Data Entry 203
- Moving away from CCH software 197