A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 193 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 725 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 806 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 470 10
- Real time 193 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 401 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 257 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 233 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 220 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 603 15
- When to top-up pensions? 185 2
- Support / ticketing software 334 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 333 3
- Imported goods and VAT 147 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 439 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 595 11
- Stamp Duty 188 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,867 22
- Company Number 10000000 999 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 372 5
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 471
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 290
- DTA tie-breaker issue 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 244
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 218
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 211
- Just checking re PSA 197
- Capital Gains personal representatives 191
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177