A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Balancing charge 33 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 29 1
- Landing clients 49 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 248 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 393 13
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 790 23
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 151 5
- Payment on account reminders 156 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,768 26
- Allocation of income from property 673 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 404 10
- CTA 274 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 73 1
- Time values in Excel 163 3
- No more tax returns... 1,417 12
- bookkeeping system 572 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 184 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 240 6
- International VAT 143 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 670 9