A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 139 7
- Audit 435 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 366 8
- Tax on free shares 75 3
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 93 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 93 1
- Buying a horse?? 370 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 178 2
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 162 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 725 21
- PITA ex-client 194 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 231 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 345 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 317 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,658 19
- New supplier 131 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 824 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 245 13
- Scottish Independance 879 24
- Funding Circle experience 80 1
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 490
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 451
- Employment related securities question 316
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 217
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157