A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 841 22
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 236 6
- SA302 185 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 104 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,059 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 256 2
- Dental practice incorpration 118 1
- Audit rules 154 4
- Go Cardless 267 8
- business entertaining deductibility 133 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 151 2
- R & D 105 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 83 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 111 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 168 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 158 1
- New Business Registration 218 5
- Hosted email exchange 136 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 153 1
- G P life time allowance 125 3
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 281
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 172
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 151