A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Director drawings 206 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 18 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,841 40
- Interest Relief 145 5
- What sectors to target? 96 2
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 469 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 23 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,559 54
- Rental losses 108 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,559 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 288 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 141 3
- Charitable Company's Accounts 60 1
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 213 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 174 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 533 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 121 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 96 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 58 1
- how much to charge 263 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169