A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 706 9
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 357 12
- error on companies house accounts 581 16
- FBI2 108 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,581 116
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,100 9
- Tolley UK sales number 41 1
- On line Remote Training 90 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 191 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 376 9
- Transfer of stock 118 4
- PPR election time limit - change in the number of residences 68 1
- Virtually Impossible 361 6
- Personal allowance for non-resident 95 2
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 150 2
- Brightpay 99 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 62 1
- Newly Started Practice 603 12
- SSP days and Holidays 156 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 572 6
- QROP pension input amounts 486
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 461
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 428
- EPS and CIS deductions 279
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 264
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 226
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 183
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 175