A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Pension Contributions Relief 71 3
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 118 9
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 618 18
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 316 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,460 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,854 356
- CIS 167 6
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 140 3
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 172 9
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 107 5
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 382 11
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 324 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 342 8
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,150 21
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 343 4
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 192 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 163 4
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 145 2
- PAYE 115 1
- Mutual trading organisation paying tax for the first time 116 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,206
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 418
- National Insurance 322
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 245
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 231
- Franchise income and costs 215
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 212