A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Matching of tax return to P60 99 3
- VAT chargeable or not? 27 1
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 202 8
- find-accountants.com 95 1
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 100 4
- Related Parties Note 152 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,034 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,215 53
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 777 22
- what time is it ? 334 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 92 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 436 24
- VAT on disbursement 171 2
- tax credits 224 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,055 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 92 1
- LLP - Member leaving 204 6
- Year end 273 3
- Foreign income for self employed 178 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 323 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 924
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 327
- Tax efficient holding company structure 262
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 193
- Charge out rates in London? 161