A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 228 1
- will this work for IHT 248 2
- Best software for small practice? 633 20
- Paid too much !! 237 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,739 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 248 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 78 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 186 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 479 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 109 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 88 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 89 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 475 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 748 11
- Sports Sponsorship 139 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 257 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 213 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 241 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,324 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,271 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 766
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 454
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 274
- DTA tie-breaker issue 262
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 246
- CGT for NOn UK residents 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 202
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181
- Just checking re PSA 175