A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Accounting for display stands 54 2
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 306 8
- AML reporting to NCA 59 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,372 25
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 207 2
- VAT on new build property 262 5
- Who gets the CGT deduction 102 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,783 15
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,400 24
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 550 16
- Outsourcing 84 1
- Is it any of my business ? 1,287 13
- Goodwill on incorporation 167 1
- HMRC - Online services - Anyone else having problems ? 182 2
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 395 5
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 186 1
- Insurance provider not VAT registered so Out of Scope ? 316 9
- . 286 4
- 31st october deadline 318 5
- Ltd Co / Summer House 237 1
- NHS finance professionals 692
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 423
- Foreign Pension Contribution 391
- vat gross profit percentage margins 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 377
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 371
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 324
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 295
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 262
- IFA income recognition & reporting 219