A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Unallocated client money 324 9
- change of office address 223 7
- Property initial recognition 17 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 347 13
- Consolidation and Comparatives 13 1
- SAGE V12 95 2
- Errors in prior year accounts 718 19
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 213 5
- Expenses Apps 200 4
- Goodwill 56 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 248 6
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 219 9
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 279 6
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 230 3
- Furniture Rental Business 166 4
- Solicitor accounts 222 5
- Real names 1,354 41
- Illegal dividends 105 1
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 176 3
- What are options for non CA firm 1,866 32
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 608
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 497
- Sorry ignore me 395
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 283
- Cancelled 255
- Cancelled 227
- Bartercard 187
- C79 Discrepancy 179
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 168