A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 82 2
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 171 6
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 218 14
- Residency test 186 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 147 3
- Wear and tear allowance 422 9
- VAT Turnover 59 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 109 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 303 5
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 113 4
- Company purchase of shares 267 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 109 2
- VAT QUESTION 146 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,105 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,226 15
- Why should I retain membership? 2,258 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 488 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 675 10
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 106 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 166 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 685
- Auto enrolment excuses 625
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 363
- Social investment tax relief 176
- Call Centre Data Costs 175
- Digita Hosted Software 171
- option to tax 156
- VAT on deposits 140
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 135
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 131