A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Accountex flash mob 165 6
- Employment Allowance 24 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 213 7
- Capital introduction 122 2
- Property sale split between years 219 8
- Group structure - transfer of shares 29 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,031 27
- Direct payment schene 86 3
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,147 37
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 123 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,203 35
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 266 8
- CIS Deductions 285 8
- sole trader to ltd company 169 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 329 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 281 7
- Dual taxation - usa 191 2
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 130 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 292 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 152 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 327
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 192