A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- CGT &LLP 38 1
- BrightPay 338 8
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 168 16
- Secure document exchange 96 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 147 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 374 7
- break even point 129 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 106 3
- Fax to email providers 320 11
- Payroll software 207 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 116 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 133 4
- How to issue shares to investors 60 1
- Expense management software 623 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,093 84
- Tax code 130 1
- Payroll Manager - seperate monthly & weekly 357 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 1,411 28
- Hello there 376 2
- Tax on sale of business when proceeds are deferred 127 2