A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,013 26
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,774 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 109 1
- Late Registration for VAT 170 5
- Registering a company late 233 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 274 4
- physiotherapy clinic 553 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,912 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 96 2
- Deferred Tax 136 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 87 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 416 7
- How much of your work is admin? 182 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,796 19
- Goodwill complications 156 2
- Personal pension 219 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 182 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 301 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 261 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 993 26
- TheTax Donut 1,011
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 673
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 620
- Follower cases 487
- Limited company purchase of property 414
- Hive up 413
- corporate hierarchy 380
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 377
- LIVE chat, starting now 326
- AIA or IFA 211