A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Can an owner hold company money 301 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 289 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 208 6
- Class 2 NIC 260 5
- Probate services 427 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 380 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,704 37
- Vat payable on van 143 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 242 7
- Community Faux Pas 931 26
- Cash gift from India 135 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,309 40
- Windows10 187 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 624 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 474 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 237 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 392 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 872 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 797 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 305
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 218
- Is the APN valid 196