A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 126 4
- Yorkshire Day 526 35
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,774 65
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 119 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 351 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 101 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 583 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 262 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 216 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 88 1
- inflation rate year on year 74 2
- Deleted question? 650 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 277 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 343 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 143 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 143 3
- Late annual return 199 2
- Flat rate VAT 370 8
- corporation tax 479 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,140 29
- Cancelled 457
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 350
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 231
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 224
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 155