A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 186 4
- SA302 279 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 234 4
- Go Cardless 327 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 210 3
- Hmrc software 222 3
- Mehjoo 266 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 110 1
- Hosted email exchange 173 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 166 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 288 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 245 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 286 7
- New Email Extensions 200 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 318 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 182 4
- Xtuple 510
- Qtac payroll for bureau 349
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 293
- Industrial & Provident Societies 284
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 226
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 175
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 171
- CIS schemes 162
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 144