A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 126 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 72 2
- flat rate scheme 2,316 47
- Signed accounts for bank 630 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 821 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 285 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 154 5
- VAT Query on new build 90 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 134 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 141 4
- Family Partnership 228 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 82 1
- P11D Car Value 253 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 703 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,501 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,222 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 288 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,103 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 181 1