A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Moneysoft - technical query 185 4
- Let Property Campaign 157 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 39 1
- What would you do? 324 2
- Taxable income for previous years 352 8
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 71 1
- Depreciation on purchase of software 137 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,298 16
- App recommendations 321 4
- Defend your local inspector? 617 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 758 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,137 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 704 9
- Resident and Non-resident 761 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 164 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 411 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 139 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 397 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 355
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 278
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 242
- Electric Car 194
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 172
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 171