A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Backdate C79? 142 2
- Entertaining - definition? 273 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 332 10
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 122 2
- foreign income 99 1
- SA1 Online 54 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 74 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 86 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 334 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 87 1
- White van man 226 8
- Capital allowances offset rule 110 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 115 4
- Worried over stock value 138 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 118 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,296 22
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 118 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 201 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 169 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 94 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 818
- Copy Wanted 542
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 497
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 480
- Latest phishing scam 335
- Entrepreneurs' relief 309
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 279
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 274
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 272
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 177