A person has a company car for a few years and reimburses his employer for all private mileage.
During the 2011/12 tax year, he decides to stop reimbursing his employer and suffer tax on fuel benefit instead.
The new arrangement starts on 1 July 2011.
My question is, can the fuel benefit be pro rated to take account of the period he was still reimbursing his employer? There is no box on the P11D to state when fuel benefit starts, and the software I am using to create the P11D will not let me enter a date in the "fuel benefit started" box unless the car benefit starts on the same date!
Am I missing something?
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 495 14
- Dividend Vouchers 360 5
- Gift to employee 402 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 156 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 129 2
- practice planning 75 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,108 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 176 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 153 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,653 10
- Which address 1,072 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 603 20
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,511 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,220 44
- R&D tax claim 260 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 547 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 210 7
- Tax Allowance on University Course 199 1
- Transfer of a business 132 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,172 22
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 488
- CTA study material 461
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 338
- Pre incorp expenses 322
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 272
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 263
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 213
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 167
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 140
- Employment related securities question 128