Full Enquiry for no apparent reason
We have just received a letter from HMRC regarding a full enquiry on a ltd client which has baffled us slightly.
We can see no justification whatsoever for this, nothing at all looks odd in the accounts, no overdrawn directors loans, no strange related parties or anything. Client keeps great set of books on Sage.
Is this something other accountants are finding? Is this a trend within HMRC to just start a full enquiry rather than asking aspect questions??
- Cashflow forecasting software 262 3
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,899 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 248 4
- Turnover on a tax return 192 7
- incorrect old p60 394 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 230 3
- VAT refund 136 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 219 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 259 3
- Missing tax return 379 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,104 30
- Inflation and fees 1,397 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 837 24
- Micro-entity accounts 273 1
- Related party disclosure 228 3
- Company reconstruction 162 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 168 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 189 1