Full Enquiry for no apparent reason
We have just received a letter from HMRC regarding a full enquiry on a ltd client which has baffled us slightly.
We can see no justification whatsoever for this, nothing at all looks odd in the accounts, no overdrawn directors loans, no strange related parties or anything. Client keeps great set of books on Sage.
Is this something other accountants are finding? Is this a trend within HMRC to just start a full enquiry rather than asking aspect questions??
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 243 13
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 177 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 630 13
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 139 5
- Overseas workday relief 69 3
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 26 1
- MVL 237 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,436 22
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,081 43
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 94 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 706 11
- Change PAYE agent address 184 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 64 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 229 4
- AccountingWEB survey 359 4
- An IT question 355 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 126 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,114 38
- Accounting for stolen van? 230 3
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,162 21