Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- How much did you pay for your website 1,203 22
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 210 4
- Fastest Software 648 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 96 1
- Where did it go? 231 2
- cancellation of Engagement 128 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 85 1
- Feuding directors 241 8
- VAT Registration for Building Company 97 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 485 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,895 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 609 5
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 230 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 93 1
- Benefit fraud 3,419 49
- SA Tax Returns 153 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 139 2
- Consolidated accounts 123 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,024 24
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 357 12
- CTA study material 650
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 393
- Employment related securities question 244
- ATED Penalties 219
- AIM Stocks and IHT 198
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 168
- Trust for Employee 152
- Expat pension contributions? 149
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 134
- Capital allowances 121