Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 49 4
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,332 36
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 39 1
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 322 7
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 246 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 251 1
- OneNote is fantastic 216 7
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 661 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,111 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 77 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 333 5
- PPR on a development? 230 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 356 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 904 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,795 15
- Cloud accounting package 197 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,025 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 519 15
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 204 3
- Next Move 415 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 397
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 374
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 226
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 205