Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Limited company buying director's car 17 2
- Historical figures for WTC 24 1
- Dress code 1,352 30
- Entrepeneurs relief 132 8
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 67 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 105 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,247 14
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 127 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 407 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,108 16
- Scottish Independance 616 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 100 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 247 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 417 6
- WC's and capital allowances 89 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 236 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 858 10
- carry back of gift aid 121 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 133 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 395 17
- CTA study material 753
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 355
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 243
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 144
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140