Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- overdrawn directors loan account 62 3
- Am i Liable? 368 13
- PAYE coding notices 153 2
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 183 2
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 76 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 820 13
- Property scam victim 509 13
- Christmas party 188 2
- VAT on garage rent 353 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 359 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 190 1
- RTI 171 5
- Altered PAYE cheque 303 7
- directors overdrawn loan account 122 2
- Giving a seminar 572 31
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 236 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 122 1
- Added years superannuation 82 2
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 218 1
- JIEB Exams 155 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,229
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 613
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 411
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 318
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 209
- Alphabet shares 199
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 187
- Office recharges 155
- Tax position on lease extension 144