Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 384 6
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 182 5
- New Employers Helpline 116 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 210 5
- Overlap relief 712 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,262 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 170 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 177 4
- VAT Query 164 2
- Sacked my first client 624 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 402 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 214 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,259 24
- Share transfer question 254 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 615 11
- Trades and deadlines 133 3
- How to pay national insurance 647 18
- New Website Look 1,071 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 262 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 226 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 425
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 418
- WIP Software 285
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- No payroll scheme in place 219
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- Software recommendations 197
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 196
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 185