Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,182 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 43 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 428 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 121 3
- dividend 168 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 128 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 255 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 180 3
- Irish Taxation 144 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 315 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 516 6
- Drector renting room to company 103 1
- Off site storage 160 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 601 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 253 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 350 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 241 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 334 4
- Self assesment losses 324 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 177 3
- Xtuple 567
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 233
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 210
- Investment 207
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152