Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Market Value/Connected Persons 198 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 81 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 144 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 124 2
- Personal allowance 420 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 459 12
- Scams are not always obvious 695 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 128 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 135 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 97 3
- Related party disclosures 174 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 183 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 87 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 617 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 246 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 255 8
- Is this legal? 626 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,998 23
- Cells from many sheets 127 2
- Taxation of rental income 221 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 905
- Recruitment agencies 529
- QROP pension input amounts 411
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 363
- Deemed Employment Payment 346
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 221
- fraud 218