Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,322 16
- VAT underpayments and financial reporting 74 1
- Xero Pain Points 268 13
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 135 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 363 9
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 123 1
- Tax Codes and VAT 178 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,721 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 304 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 842 20
- The importance of Grammar 917 24
- New starter - tax code 204 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 142 2
- PI cover 123 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 146 2
- HMRC site down ? 184 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 150 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 221 3
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 107 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 179 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 301
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 288
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 281
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 273
- Electric Car 225
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 198
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 178