Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Audit Required 1,160 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 280 9
- Residential Management Companies 46 2
- Value pricing 2,830 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 377 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 360 11
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 821 34
- Payroll software for Mac 107 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 82 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 207 5
- CIS and Close Company 191 6
- LLP members share of profits 622 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 419 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 131 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 85 1
- Registered Office 83 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 103 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 287 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 535 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 104 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 932
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 658
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 386
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 253
- Paye procedures for CVA 242
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 238
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 185
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 181
- Pension Fixed Protection 179