Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 39 1
- ICAS GPPM 74 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 108 2
- Payroll 236 7
- Buying fees 680 5
- IHT Query 439 11
- Audit and paypal balances 175 7
- Missing C79 153 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 488 16
- VAT margin scheme 270 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 303 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,728 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 127 2
- Get it off your chest 252 4
- Directors bonus 154 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 107 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 284 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 266 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 179 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- Possible Partnership? 557
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 293
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 277
- Loans to other companies 220
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 212
- Outsource Data Entry 180
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 179