Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,800 443
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 190 4
- capital gains on PPR 238 13
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 355 13
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 163 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 150 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,293 62
- Company expansion 88 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 371 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 493 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 520 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,477 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 248 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 178 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 161 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 295 9
- PRR 367 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 409 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 320 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 444 20
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 371
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 262
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 166
- employment capital allowances 161
- CIS paid under reg 9 157