Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- FRSEE Related Party Disclosure 35 1
- Entrepreneurs relief 61 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,580 12
- EIS reinvestment relief 123 6
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 344 15
- dividend versus capital distribution 147 4
- Declaration of interest 79 2
- Advice on letting a client go ? 448 8
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 213 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 147 6
- Company dividends 496 14
- Private Residence Relief after gift 217 4
- Paying the £30,000 remittance basis charge 118 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 187 7
- Receipt bank 226 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,754 91
- Unbelievable!! 562 3
- Relevant earnings and losses 174 4
- Non resident income. 330 16
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,211 23
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 866
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 558
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 523
- Latest phishing scam 438
- Entrepreneurs' relief 397
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 352
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 327
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 311
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 232
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 208