Funding Circle - how to calculate 'average gross yield'?
Hi, I'm looking into various sources of investment income.
I've joined Funding Circle personally to try it out, prior to proposing it to my employer.
I've struggled to understand how the 'average gross yield' is arrived at?
For, say, a £30,000 investment in Funding Circle repaid over 36 monthly instalments, which pays £4,376.40 in total interest over that time, how do you calculate the 'average gross yield', which is stated as being 9.1%?
Also, I've created a spreadsheet repayment summary, laying out the 36 monthly instalments using the sum of digits method to understand how the returns stack-up year-on-year. I now want to build in the continual reinvestment of all repaid loan parts to work out what the overall return adds up to? Has anyone else tried to do this or can anyone point me in the direction of existing investment formulae to calculate this? Or suggest what the ultimate annual return % might be in doing this?
I'm also now looking into Treasury Gilts and Corporate Bonds - can anyone offer me advice re. how to try to get the best mix of investments?
The fixed rate bonds/building society a/c business deposits I've so far seen range up to 2.11% for a deposit of up to £85k. I'm sure I can beat that several times over without taking tooo much risk... any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance.
- How much does the company pay 350 10
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 267 6
- HMRC property income enquiry 182 6
- Anyone else still working this week? 223 6
- I have done a terrible thing 440 13
- LLp Profits 110 5
- Consolidation Software 76 1
- two business from one premises 89 2
- AIA 220 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 303 20
- partnership tax return 126 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 131 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 72 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 291 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,157 27
- s455 tax 118 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 88 1
- Am I getting Soft?? 568 12
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 203 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,496 44
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 495
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 314
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 263
- WWOOFers 252
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 232
- The booking.com con 228
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 213
- Cocaine anyone? 205
- UK State pension paid in NZ 173