My clients (husband and wife now retired) were directors / employees of a limited company in the late 1980's and a Pension Scheme was constituted in their names by Trust Deed on 7 June 1988. They were taxed on pre A-day employer contributions and the employment relationship between the members (my clients) and employer has long since ceased.
They understand that (pre- A Day), this scheme was a FURB.
In the early 90's they lent c£70k cash from the scheme to another private limited company ( in 2 similar tranches/ agreements). In the period from April 92, interest on the loans was rolled-up by the private limited company, but not paid (with permission from the Pension Scheme).
In 2011, my clients acquired land in a separate transaction, the purchase price of which was paid direct from the private limited company in full and final settlement of the pension scheme loan principal (c£70k) and most of the interest (c£30k).
1) Interest paid to the pension was paid gross – presumably, the pension scheme should pay tax at trust rates on this income?
2) My clients have effectively drawn down the pension scheme (principal and most of the gross interest earned) to acquire the land referenced above. Can you confirm that my clients (under FURB rules; as now superceded by EFRBS rules?) can withdraw the full lump-sum of the pension principal tax free.
3) Separately, there appears to be some confusion over whether the land should have been registered in my clients own name (meaning an effective near total withdrawal from the FURB arrangement) OR if there would have been significant IHT benefits for leaving the monies in the scheme ?
- Client right to working papers 213 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 514 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 290 4
- Late registration for MOSS 207 4
- Professional Clearance 1,018 24
- Self employed care worker 425 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 247 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 332 7
- Illegal share transfer 428 5
- Audacity 860 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 152 2
- Company Strike off 1,805 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,089 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 376 3
- Estate admin practicalities 211 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,484 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 314 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 348 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 331 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 365
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 329
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 280
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 253