FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 241 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 757 17
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,555 42
- CIC Company 385 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,652 57
- Is this a scam? 758 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 117 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 331 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 237 5
- New company - form a group? 158 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 177 4
- PITA client 220 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 368 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,314 33
- Dividend dates 491 8
- R&D tax credit claim 221 5
- CIS Deductions 272 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 117 1
- is this fraud? 790 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 496 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 347
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 332
- Cancelled 283
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 255
- Probiz 242
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 188
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 156