FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Limited company buying a car 155 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 286 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 460 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 558 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 192 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 288 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 116 2
- ACCA practice certificates 498 5
- Limited company buying director's car 293 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 111 1
- WC's and capital allowances 174 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 313 13
- Dress code 1,548 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 483 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 261 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 382 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 475 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 198 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 120 3
- CTA study material 770
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 482
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 399
- Employment related securities question 309
- AIM Stocks and IHT 281
- Expat pension contributions? 258
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 258
- Trust for Employee 238
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 148