FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- CGT history of shares 176 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 139 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 173 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 114 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 179 2
- how do i get UTR 141 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 89 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 238 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 414 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 132 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 192 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 127 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 131 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 128 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 728 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 282
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 224
- Out of time or not? 210