FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Fee base v staff ratio 464 7
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 131 4
- payroll software 429 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 229 13
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 272 6
- Cash basis 559 14
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 52 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 251 3
- Statutory sick pay 350 5
- client threatening legal action 2,150 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 148 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 196 1
- Instant CPD offer 312 3
- Income from rent charged to business 189 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 464 5
- Dividend in specie 382 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 192 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 154 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 287 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 305 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 314
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 136
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135