FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 639 5
- See you all on the other side 690 6
- 12Pay 457 2
- dividends 604 2
- R&D 316 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 438 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 405 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 372 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 545 5
- Seeking a tax case 641 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 546 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 426 2
- Moving to the cloud 743 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 903 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 208 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,090 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 500 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 290
- Class 2 NI 274