FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Investment from Friend 49 5
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 765 29
- client can't/won't pay 1,572 29
- Capital Gains Relief 97 4
- Identity check problem 1,229 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 148 3
- Business Set up cost 91 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 640 12
- Aged Debtor 56 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 946 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 71 3
- blank - ignore 492 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 80 2
- calculate mortgage interest 349 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 444 9
- Companies House praise 225 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,065 14
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 167 1
- Directors NIC's 183 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 74 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 875
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 572
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 535
- Latest phishing scam 469
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 339
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 240
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 231
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 163