FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 367 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,179 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 147 4
- New Company reviews please 635 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,082 33
- Business only use of company car 747 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 405 8
- Gift to son by parents 169 1
- valuation of vehicles 494 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 292 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 185 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 415 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 466 4
- BTC is slow 313 3
- Director registration for SA question 535 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 474 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 521 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 531 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 369 4
- VAT with Russia 288 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 325
- Any thoughts on Capium? 264
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 260
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 249
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 229
- auto enrolment 201
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 187
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 173
- How to account for investment in JV? 167
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 159