FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Offshore insurance bonds 74 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,615 46
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 194 6
- Property scam victim 277 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 193 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 211 6
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 493 12
- Aggressive HMRC 1,787 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 151 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 119 2
- Partnership returns software 70 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 260 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 57 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 84 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 147 4
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 130 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 244 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 238 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 430 7
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 102 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,077
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 234
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 170
- Agent fees to sell business 159
- Alphabet shares 153
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 149