FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 43 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 144 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 836 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 537 14
- SA316s 185 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 66 1
- Swiching tax 533 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 745 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 515 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 534 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 376 11
- Start-up cost recognition 110 1
- Lunches 256 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 398 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 144 3
- Generic notification message 261 6
- Property Expenses 223 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 165 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 270 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,223 18
- Construction CIS LLP Company 607
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 266
- SA penalty proposals 257
- RTI - duplicate employee record 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228