FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 497 19
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,604 13
- Bereavment payment 104 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 103 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,120 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 277 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 352 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,298 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 156 2
- Companies House incorporation service 355 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 82 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 154 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 197 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 211 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 272 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 146 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 156 3
- Share Capital 139 2
- Trading income or not? 203 1
- Charge HMRC 434 3
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 296
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 189
- Investment 188
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 180