FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 256 7
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,237 23
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,282 370
- 100% Xero practice 2,267 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 94 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 162 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 106 1
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 115 3
- Scottish but not UK 306 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 281 10
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 107 1
- What is the role of an accountant? 451 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 262 1
- P11D Query 150 4
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 82 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,326 25
- Company Accounts 439 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 98 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 293 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 197 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 429
- National Insurance 329
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 322
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 241
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152