FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Do I need to see receipts ? 733 11
- ICPA 482 8
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 201 1
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 280 3
- Physiotherapy 42 1
- Changing shareholding ratio 118 3
- Community Interest Company 59 1
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 114 1
- SA1 forms 362 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 137 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 126 1
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 149 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 544 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 174 3
- Delayed option to tax 184 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 870 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 377 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 430 7
- Redundancy Pay 365 4
- question about merging two companies... 211 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 824
- Avanti Accounts 673
- Have I done the right thing? 651
- Calling franchise accountants 631
- Continuity Agreement 626
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 322
- Advice please! 231
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 216