FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 399 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 132 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 102 1
- Registered Office 152 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 109 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 908 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 113 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 690 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 310 9
- Residential Management Companies 94 2
- Value pricing 2,857 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 124 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 404
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- Paye procedures for CVA 252
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 201
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189