FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- VAT and customer entertaining 204 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 932 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 723 26
- Profit split from an investment property 156 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,304 39
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,412 39
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 105 1
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,246 10
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 159 3
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 130 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 274 6
- tax saving on card points 238 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 261 9
- Scissors 879 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 440 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 457 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 262 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 126 2
- Xero Pain Points 504 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 350 8
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 372
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 307
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 296
- Electric Car 249
- S222 Charge 218
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 214
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 161