FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- What would you do in this situation? 449 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 107 3
- Help Required 249 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 204 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 367 14
- What's in a name ? 195 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 122 3
- ATED Penalties 248 1
- late second payment on account 139 2
- US royalties 58 2
- Project being run jointly 111 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 162 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 134 3
- Sole trader mix up 275 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 723 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 881 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 202 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 493 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 154 5
- CTA study material 695
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 419
- Employment related securities question 261
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 132
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112