FURBS winding up
I've been asked to look at the winding up of a FURBS for a client.
The FURBS only asset is cash and he has asked if there are any tax consequences of the wind up and the distribution of the funds to him as sole beneficiary? I think that the payment is tax free, as the contributions into the FURBS were taxed on the way in and the FURBS has always paid tax on it's income and capital gains. HMRC have also said similar when their technical department was queried but obviously won't give any advice.
The client would also like to loan some money from the FURBS now to purchase a new business, which he needs very soon so pre the wind up of the FURBS. Does anyone know if this would be caught by the disguised remuneration rules? It talks about commercial loans but I think this only applies where the normal course of business is money lending.
Presumably we could draw up a simple loan deed to state that the loan would be cancelled upon the wind up of the FURBS to avoid the need for the client to repay the FURBS the loan to only get the funds back.
Does anyone have experience of this?
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 206 3
- Self-assessment statistics 2,478 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 246 5
- Transmission of ISA 79 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 206 2
- Next Move 721 20
- Not renewing AAT 680 9
- CGT of shares gifted 385 6
- New dividend taxation 519 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,805 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 176 1
- Company car v company allowance 304 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 439 9
- Company formation and bank account 452 9
- Owning overseas property 366 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 294 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 296 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 713 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 751 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 299 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 671
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 410
- Property letting & CAs 402
- 2015 tax year end 398
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 397
- FCA regulated company in a small group 348
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 242
- Costly Accounting Software contract 223
- DTA tie-breaker issue 213