Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- VAT on finance leases 73 1
- Friendly Pensions 197 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 53 1
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,576 15
- Company Reorganisation 295 4
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 162 5
- CGT on second home? 248 4
- Interflora florist 180 2
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 932 27
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 217 8
- Double tax agreement - do you show income on UK return even if the DTA says it is taxed in the other country? 140 2
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 383 10
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 246 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 423 8
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 375 5
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 248 8
- VAT in Sage 176 3
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 495 10
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 287 4
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,342 23
- NOVA 495
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 365
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 246
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 168
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 155
- Finance Lease 147
- Company Car Lease 146
- Form 42 132