Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 114 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,872 26
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 223 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 455 13
- Your fondest calculator memories 845 32
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 190 5
- Capital or revenue expense? 166 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 255 11
- Vat threshold issues 345 9
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 163 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 669 13
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 330 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 824 12
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 721 15
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 867 18
- Who can I refer leads to? 500 11
- Quickbooks Online stock 35 1
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 174 4
- Growing pains 446 8
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 437 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 459
- CTA study material 434
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 307
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 292
- Pre incorp expenses 285
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 249
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 237
- Slight twist on employment related securities 215
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 197
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 186