Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- I do not love you 169 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 173 1
- Limited Company 140 3
- Love is in the air 733 10
- Stamp Duty 330 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 741 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 877 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 389 5
- Paying Son 802 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 403 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,071 47
- Setting up a practice 635 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 617 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 561 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 482 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 247 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,868 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 457 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 612 13
- Foreign domicile status 307
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 302
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 262
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 245
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 231