Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Benefit in Kind 272 6
- Lack of VAT Receipt 79 2
- Help with CGT please 45 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 313 17
- Will I need to resign? 919 11
- Cocaine anyone? 654 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 251 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 138 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 183 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 175 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 835 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 542 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 707 13
- Personal pension 443 9
- Business rates consultancy 268 4
- Wrong tax code 180 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 102 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 314 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,063 31
- Deferred Tax 477 8
- Hive up 513
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 475
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 241
- WWOOFers 237
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 220
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 195
- The booking.com con 179
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168