Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- P11D Query 156 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,358 379
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 136 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 131 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 83 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,252 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 488 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 263 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,279 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 115 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 169 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 108 1
- Scottish but not UK 319 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 287 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 95 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 442 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 105 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 299 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 430
- National Insurance 331
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 326
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 244
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152