Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 866 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 76 2
- Partnership Registration 23 1
- Would this save hours of your time? 648 12
- Audit Required 1,172 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 291 9
- Residential Management Companies 66 2
- Value pricing 2,840 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 384 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 376 11
- Payroll software for Mac 114 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 97 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 211 5
- CIS and Close Company 196 6
- LLP members share of profits 631 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 423 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 135 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 96 1
- Registered Office 102 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 108 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 936
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 390
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 254
- Paye procedures for CVA 244
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 241
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 190
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 186
- Pension Fixed Protection 183