Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Scanners 139 3
- Payment plans for clients 44 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 209 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 191 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 70 1
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 378 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 424 9
- P60 or payslips? 52 1
- Property income in different capacities 82 1
- IHT dilemma 1,369 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 176 1
- IT advisory questions? 158 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 789 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 115 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 511 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 458 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 625 12
- More AE! 647 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 137 4
- PAYE 1,647 17
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,152
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 265
- Director phone costs 226
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 224
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 183
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 132