Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 381 13
- Software that posts COGS? 474 12
- Disengagement Help! 182 7
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 314 4
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,760 41
- Voluntary dissolution of company 240 3
- Compare 2 lists 1,754 33
- New business 518 5
- Ok to disclaim? 81 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 996 41
- Xerocon 2016 503 7
- Can you use dividends to pay off interest charged on Directors Loan Accounts 138 3
- Autumn statement 175 4
- How much detail should you put on CT600A 89 1
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 155 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,655 26
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 619 23
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,183 38
- Sale of business assets 135 3
- Moneysoft error 503 8