Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 68 3
- Company Share Buy Back 95 2
- Charitable Payment 203 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 917 15
- Unpaid share capital 241 3
- Company car in the LLP 162 2
- Physiotherapy 333 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 217 1
- New build property to be rented 147 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,870 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 100 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 94 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 158 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 164 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 209 4
- Private company division 309 5
- Outstanding Loans 217 3
- Networking 876 7
- Allocation of income from property 631 22