Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Auto enrolment 230 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,126 25
- CT600 for the first time 291 18
- Sage Payroll 174 8
- Sale of shares and ER 49 2
- Laptop purchase 1,112 19
- SA Return issued after P800 received 70 3
- Fee's for P11D's 115 2
- VAT on Gaming Machines 236 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 93 3
- VAT 81 1
- Auto enrolment 314 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 113 4
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,784 14
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 153 2
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 83 2
- Share restructure 382 15
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 196 3
- Childcare Vouchers 105 1
- Elective DeductionsModel 142 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 752
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 512
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 380
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 357
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 207
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 178
- vat return 151