Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 17 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 337 12
- Cash in Hand 60 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 132 4
- Busines software 125 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 181 6
- Converting a barn for business use 180 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 302 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 306 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 465 10
- are receipts needed? 602 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 287 3
- Bookkeping software 715 7
- Clogged Losses 278 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 261 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 652 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 314 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 264 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 123 1
- General tax book with planning 259 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 907
- International interest certificate 520
- NOVA 370
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 318
- Management expenses for investment company 274
- Bonus Bonds 265
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 180
- P11D benefit received by widow 160
- EXACT ONLINE 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 150