Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 195 4
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 119 2
- Industry Reports 33 1
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 58 1
- recompense capital input 222 12
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 749 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,160 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 710 31
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 283 8
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 108 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 240 2
- CT losses carry back 130 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 551 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 205 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 818 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 423 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,338 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 168 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 244 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 1,009 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 802
- RTI - duplicate employee record 567
- Pensions Regulator 458
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 416
- Portia ... Where art thou 344
- Sanzar 318
- How do you do it 308
- Digital marketing focus group 301
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 275
- new investor structure 186