Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Companies House incorporation service 214 9
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 191 3
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,496 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 541 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 259 2
- How to opt out? 386 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 74 1
- utr 148 4
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 142 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 304 7
- P9D or P11D 725 7
- CT return error message 382 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,708 43
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 106 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 101 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 97 1
- Audit rules 376 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 298 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 838 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 193 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 278
- CIS schemes 213
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 173
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 172