Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Company Secretarial Software 1,341 29
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 20 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 104 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 239 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,549 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,898 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,894 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 53 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 109 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 156 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 448 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 79 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 79 1
- Tax position re this lease? 148 2
- VAT on Training Courses 135 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 134 2
- Self employed travel expenses 158 3
- which software 382 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 76 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 404 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 165