Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 267 4
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 235 5
- Relevant life plan 223 6
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 141 4
- The return 935 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 110 1
- Why .... 542 6
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 519 10
- Any advice on large 55 inch + computer monitor 148 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 384 6
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 466 10
- Limited Company expenses 290 7
- Formating cells in Excel 277 6
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 192 4
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 295 8
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 613 17
- Freehold Property Depreciation 357 15
- VAT - E-commerce site (middle man only) - like Not on the high street 116 2
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 723 2
- Claiming VAT without invoice 324 4
- Possible Partnership? 578
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 494
- New Fangled Penalties 384
- Clubs and Taxable Income 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 286
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 235
- Loans to other companies 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 200
- Outsource Data Entry 192
- Moving away from CCH software 177