Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- What can my client claim r & d on? 94 2
- Invoice Help 396 11
- CGT 39 2
- is my company accounts right? 824 22
- Corporate shareholder question 189 3
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 261 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,016 28
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 397 9
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 374 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 88 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,510 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,561 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 124 1
- P11D Dispensation 112 1
- I have missing sales invoices 384 5
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 278 8
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 377 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,041 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,063 26
- Directors Subsistence 236 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 556
- Cancelled 320
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 320
- Cancelled 269
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 226
- Married woman dies owning marital home 223
- Probiz 212
- What's the market like for temps? 203
- CIS Deductions 171
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 163