Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 223 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 288 4
- FHL - hedge purchase 114 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 535 18
- Fees 488 6
- HMRC Post 591 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 444 8
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 450 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 294 3
- www.pool.adzio 174 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 199 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,883 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 293 3
- Transactions with directors 484 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 314 9
- Non VAT invoices 253 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,439 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 283 5
- Form 17 Download 200 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 602 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 769
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 255
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 218
- IP trans to holding company 198
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 185