Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 170 6
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 876 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 450 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 135 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 168 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 103 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 89 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,852 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 101 1
- 'Find an accountant' 192 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 96 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 80 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 104 1
- Construction Industry Funding 108 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 96 1
- How important are Journals? 328 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 721 15
- Company trading loss relief 271 4
- National Insurance 602 1
- Social Worker limited Co 128 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 490
- Skandia using wrong address 434
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 379
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 236
- Employee rewards 227
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 206
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 179