Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 125 1
- Clients 704 15
- Simplified auto enrolment? 187 2
- UK Accountancy Franchise 185 3
- An officer and a gentleman 476 11
- Tax and children 133 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 561 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 389 16
- Directors obligation to notify 102 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 260 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 145 1
- Starting new accounting business 331 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 156 4
- error on companies house accounts 758 18
- RTI penalties 138 1
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 170 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 322 5
- US Sales Tax 116 1
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 205 3
- Group Relief 140 4
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 483
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 446
- EPS and CIS deductions 303
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 292
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 188
- Overdrawn director account 175