Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- PAYE versus Dividends 148 2
- Employee or partner 12 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 183 5
- The Cotter Case 178 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 108 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 134 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 54 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 152 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 151 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 144 1
- Giving a seminar 682 36
- Tax position on lease extension 175 1
- Boffin of the Year 299 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 219 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 78 1
- Non sequitur 252 2
- Am i Liable? 881 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 170 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,296
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 640
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 424
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 213
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 150