Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 69 3
- Why do I do this every year 441 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 281 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 131 3
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 61 1
- Hobby Horse 807 8
- Non resident income. 461 20
- What sectors to target? 619 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 271 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 194 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,954 41
- Self assesment online 1,010 11
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 309 5
- closing limited company 198 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 124 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 543 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 261 9
- IHT and US resident 80 1
- Limited Companies Merger 217 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 146 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 937
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 653
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 581
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 245
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 239
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 179