Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Solicitors Clients Monies 12 1
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 68 4
- AML checks 148 3
- What is IRIS World like? 153 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 332 13
- Xero - Should I partner with them 438 9
- Sage import sales invoices with due dates 80 2
- HP VAT with flat rate scheme 121 1
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 467 7
- Micro entity accounts - cessation of trade 86 1
- Spellcheckers 167 1
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 282 5
- Sage Bank rec 110 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 250 7
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 146 1
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 146 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 222 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 218 2
- Just for fun. 1,268 46
- Directors Share Purchase 336 14
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 398
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 374
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 356
- Perkbox 331
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 269
- WIP Software 260
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 193
- No payroll scheme in place 186
- Nomisma feedback? 184