Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 199 7
- Offshore insurance bonds 75 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,615 46
- Property scam victim 278 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 195 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 213 6
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 494 12
- Aggressive HMRC 1,787 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 152 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 119 2
- Partnership returns software 71 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 260 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 57 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 84 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 147 4
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 130 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 244 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 238 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 431 7
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 102 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,077
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 234
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 170
- Agent fees to sell business 159
- Alphabet shares 153
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150