Furnished Holiday Let
Hi I wonder if anyone can give me their opinion on the following queries.
1. An individual has an existing property which qualifies as an FHL. A further property is acquired with the intention of becoming an FHL but before it is let expenditure is incurred on items, in respect of this second property, which are eligible for capital allowances.
At what point can the expenditure incurred on the second property be claimed? Would it be treated as being part of the exisiting FHL business and therefore claimed at the point it is incurred or would it have to be claimed when the second property commences to be let - as if it is pre-trading expenditure?
2. Two properties are trading as FHLs. One of the properties ceases to be rented for an 18 month period whilst renovations are carried out. Items of expenditure which qualify for capital allowances are incurred during that period. Once the renovations are complete the property recommences letting as an FHL and qualifies as such in the first year of reletting, how should the expenditure be treated?
I would be very grateful for any responses.
- deleting customers on Sage 50 205 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 216 4
- Sage Depreciation 57 1
- Non sequitur 207 2
- Am i Liable? 843 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 157 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 149 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 58 1
- Boffin of the Year 224 8
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 460 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 61 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 78 2
- Giving a seminar 650 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 912 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 363 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 336 14
- PAYE versus Dividends 133 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 441 9
- equipment rental 75 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 384 16
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,286
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 633
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 418
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 326
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 246
- Alphabet shares 216
- Agent fees to sell business 208
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 203
- Office recharges 164
- Tax position on lease extension 160