Furnished Holiday Lettings - Allowances
I started renting a property out as a furnished holiday let in May 2011 and meet the occupancy rules.
The property had some new white goods and a new kitchen. I bought more new white goods, tv, furniture, linen etc
I don't want to make the future too complicated (if I sell the property) by claiming large capital allowances associated with the fabric of the property.
I do want to recognise the depreciation of the white goods etc and the kitchen, I have already replaced some of the linen.
I've struggled with deciphering HMRC helpsheets - some practical advice on what/how to enter on the form please! Thank you.
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 670 6
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 698 19
- Sage Priority Support 97 2
- incorrect old p60 130 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 490 4
- VAT on new builds 120 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 349 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 128 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 121 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 140 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,852 26
- Missing tax return 183 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 922 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 278 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 165 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 559 18
- Physiotherapy 246 3
- Inflation and fees 1,224 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 174 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 285 8