Furnished Holiday Lettings - Allowances
I started renting a property out as a furnished holiday let in May 2011 and meet the occupancy rules.
The property had some new white goods and a new kitchen. I bought more new white goods, tv, furniture, linen etc
I don't want to make the future too complicated (if I sell the property) by claiming large capital allowances associated with the fabric of the property.
I do want to recognise the depreciation of the white goods etc and the kitchen, I have already replaced some of the linen.
I've struggled with deciphering HMRC helpsheets - some practical advice on what/how to enter on the form please! Thank you.
- Personal Tax 579 12
- Mortgage Reference 431 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,248 45
- Xerocon 2016 1,119 29
- New Build 103 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 82 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 720 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 102 1
- USA Tax Query 260 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 409 5
- last minute request 604 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 311 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 341 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,710 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 975 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 378 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 628 18
- Corrupt Excel File 694 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,007 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 297 2