My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 61 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,724 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 241 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 367 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 272 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 245 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 900 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 191 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 122 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 193 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 399 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 338 9
- Merging my businesses 155 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,728 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 519 16
- VAT on commercial property 161 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,055 49
- deceased creditor 216 5
- Corporate member of LLP 284 1
- Investment company 277 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 542
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 310
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 291
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 278
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260