My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 290 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 68 7
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 469 15
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 81 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,280 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,249 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 985 29
- You know its over 404 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 525 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 258 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 207 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 197 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 316 3
- Cocaine anyone? 555 8
- Late Registration for VAT 506 13
- EIS/SEIS 170 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 291 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 441 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 747 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 581 10
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 283
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 185