My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 115 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 167 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 104 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 197 2
- CIS Software 124 1
- Company assets 369 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 228 6
- MoneySoft 179 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 93 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 663 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 149 2
- Self assessment 157 1
- Claiming VAT 145 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,127 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 179 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 281 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 279 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 158 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 517 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 506
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 481
- Is there anything wrong with this? 282
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 269
- Uncommercial property business 247
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 206
- Registering online CWF1 187
- VAT - registration needed? 184
- Accrued income scheme 183
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 182