My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Please tell me what to do!! 44 1
- When & How much of Income to recognise 83 2
- Cash basis 88 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 198 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 316 14
- Cash basis 732 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,949 31
- 5th April 43 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,537 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 79 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 516 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 113 2
- s455 Directors loan 173 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 68 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,181 8
- Non resident capital gains 86 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 417 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 342 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 536 6
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132