My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 425 10
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 536 14
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 678 19
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 205 3
- West Bromich Albion 403 3
- What are options for non CA firm 2,961 63
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 111 3
- Do I need a smartphone? 453 20
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 91 2
- registering my UK Ltd in Holland 213 4
- Small company audit 566 10
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 108 4
- inheritance tax 499 13
- Invoices or receipts from non-vat registered businesses 74 1
- Deduction from Salary 801 22
- Interspouse Relief - Separate Couple 54 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,478 54
- 27,000 Really? 1,354 39
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 336 7
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 557 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 651
- Cancelled 413
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 405
- How not to compose an email 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 357
- Cancelled 350
- Probiz 320
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 305
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 232
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 208