My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Where to post pension on sa100 58 1
- Giving shares away 116 3
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 232 2
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 235 6
- HMRC having technical difficulties 418 12
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 632 5
- VAT disaggregation 212 3
- What are HMRC implying? 591 2
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 97 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 63 1
- Right To Manage Company 152 2
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 904 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 195 3
- Maternity and claining expenses 831 7
- VAT Flat Rate 342 1
- BrightPay quirks 391 6
- Closing down loss-making company 288 3
- AccountingWEB survey 483 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,179 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 829 10