My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Accountants' Error 706 14
- Corporation tax due date confusion 25 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 155 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 149 3
- Scoot 185 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 154 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 207 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,454 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 111 1
- Regaining my qualification 208 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 238 2
- Auto enrolment 196 3
- Shareholder agreement 174 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 197 3
- Company Reorganisation 167 3
- Employee Loan 212 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 467 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 597 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,453
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 767
- Any views 699
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 426
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 392
- Sale of business 356
- NOVA 261
- Advertising services? 257
- IRIS Open Books problem 251