My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 231 5
- converting garage to use as office 39 1
- Private use of vans 112 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 568 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,084 92
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 197 2
- Directors pension 221 3
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 603 24
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 286 5
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 98 1
- accounts software for a hotel 160 4
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 86 1
- charities 166 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 266 3
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,497 12
- Company investment 309 8
- Business only use of company car 1,300 31
- New CASC rules 253 3
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,055 10
- valuation of vehicles 792 21
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 367
- Any thoughts on Capium? 318
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 288
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 263
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 250
- auto enrolment 231
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 222
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- French ConnectionUK 157