My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 593 18
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 508 20
- Tax relief on accommodation costs 26 1
- Director or self-employed 278 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,367 25
- Anybody still doing returns? 1,007 37
- BVI registered 191 4
- Closing a limited company 393 6
- Self assessment for directors 188 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 279 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,619 17
- A little knowledge 425 6
- Digita in the cloud 182 2
- Tax relief when working away 96 1
- Tax relief when working away 213 3
- Designated sole Residence 260 5
- Scratch Head 361 1
- Year end 278 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 335 13
- Clothing 650 19
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 970
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 691
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 634
- Latest phishing scam 616
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 459
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 338
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 271
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 240
- Sabbatical payments 232
- Negligible Value Claim 216