My client rents her propery out. By her own admission it is sparsely furnished, if at all furnished.....white goods only! The 10% wear and tear allowance has been claimed.
The previous agent has claimed the 10% wear and tear allowance.
PIM3200 seems pretty clear to me that the 10% isnt allowed if the proprty is ony part furnished or is furnished.
Am I missing something?
PS if I am correct, do I need to correct previous tax returns? We are only talking about a claim of £875 for the property, split between two people.
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 146 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 102 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 230 1
- will this work for IHT 253 2
- Best software for small practice? 641 20
- Paid too much !! 274 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,746 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 279 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 228 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 490 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 133 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 111 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 118 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 481 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 168 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 280 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 276 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,332 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 249
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 183
- Just checking re PSA 175