Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- Merging 368 8
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 82 4
- Merger of Two companies 310 13
- Entrepreneurs Relief 58 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 151 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 290 10
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 158 4
- IHT dilemma 948 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,377 55
- Merger of Two companies 433 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 893 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 238 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 659 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 198 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,803 24
- New business - journal entries 557 24
- IFA incorporation problems 297 4
- Coding Notice 332 7
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 313 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 179 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 961
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 740
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 427
- Excuses, excuses!!! 314
- Digita Hosted Software 238
- Social investment tax relief 236
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 231
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 203
- Travel costs and contractors 202