Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 285 5
- Payroll provider 20 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,186 267
- business card address 186 5
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 465 23
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 167 6
- Standard 'email' template system 794 13
- Donations (to a school!) 291 10
- Circular shareholding 113 3
- Repairs after a rental business ends 241 7
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 251 1
- Employment related securities question 558 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 934 12
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 254 4
- Expenses of overseas employment 97 1
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 91 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 144 5
- VAT Romania - how to register 205 4
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 511 10
- Beaters and allowable exenses 198 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,099
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 361
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 297
- National Insurance 266
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 237
- Payments on account coded out?? 224
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 217
- Non Resident 180
- Franchise income and costs 173
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 149