Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- HMRC & daft penalty 338 3
- Where to put refund 50 2
- New Website Look 372 11
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 171 7
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 106 4
- Payment on account and EIS relief 101 2
- Xero - Should I partner with them 173 2
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,448 16
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 60 1
- Just for fun. 570 21
- VAT - TOGC 90 2
- Edible spam? 378 12
- Capitalisation of loan 101 4
- Are solicitors worth the money? 1,131 12
- Intercompany loans 216 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,518 16
- Overlap relief 549 14
- Suspicious debt recovery offer? 316 2
- Reduced payments on account 140 2
- Amending a CT return 117 2
- Theatre Tax Relief 462
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 359
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 354
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 327
- Perkbox 294
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 274
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 252
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 251
- Document Management Systems 225
- WIP Software 217