Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- VAT refund 42 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 173 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 143 1
- incorrect old p60 346 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 228 3
- Missing tax return 347 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,080 30
- Inflation and fees 1,384 24
- Sage Priority Support 175 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 201 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 230 1
- Related party disclosure 209 3
- Company reconstruction 140 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 235 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 174 1
- Advice please! 419 2
- VAT on new builds 188 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1