Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 147 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,070 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 153 2
- What would you do in this situation? 667 14
- Dress code 486 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 511 16
- Project being run jointly 207 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 315 4
- Companies House 612 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 368 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 736 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,449 25
- Help Required 426 10
- directors control and tax problems 306 5
- Fastest Software 807 13
- What's in a name ? 401 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 313 4
- Bulk Invoicing 193 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 186 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 265 2
- CTA study material 715
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 438
- Employment related securities question 275
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 253
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 226
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 214
- Expat pension contributions? 201
- Trust for Employee 198
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 178