Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- Personal Tax 714 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 119 2
- Stumped - IHT 91 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 400 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 465 11
- Tips on meals 127 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,277 33
- Credit management tools 109 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 113 2
- property capital gains 111 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 768 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 372 7
- CGT and primary residence 151 1
- Marriage Allowance 249 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,142 12
- S455 and February year ends 305 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 878 18
- Closing down loss-making company 443 5
- S.455 Tax again 284 3
- New Build 339 2