Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 20 1
- Registering a company late 301 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,052 27
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 177 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 109 6
- Deferred Tax 248 5
- Late Registration for VAT 206 6
- Personal pension 249 4
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,270 17
- How much of your work is admin? 370 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 193 3
- physiotherapy clinic 603 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 209 2
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 93 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 325 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,824 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 295 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,984 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 123 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 124 1
- TheTax Donut 1,015
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 417
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 331
- AIA or IFA 216