Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 804 5
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 143 3
- Charge HMRC 56 1
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 447 17
- CT return error message 251 7
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,843 25
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 727 9
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 336 8
- VAT 135 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 77 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 176 2
- FRS17 query 175 1
- Capital repayments 168 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 266 6
- Online payroll software 262 4
- Audit rules 310 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 596 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 287 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 273 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 80 1
- Xtuple 537
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 306
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 252
- CIS schemes 196
- Domain name sale and limited company 194
- Investment 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 169
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 158