Further questions about incorporation
I have a few more questions regarding incorporation of my sole trader mechanic client if anyone can help at all.
1. Is it feasible for him to keep his garage in his own name and rent it out to the company? He thinks commercial rent would be around £500 per week - obviously he would need to declare this via self assessment?
2. On the above subject, is there any benefit to sharing the rental income with his (currently unemployed) wife - apart I suppose from the benefit of the allowance?
3. He has around £50k of equipment/stock in his garage - is this OK to transfer to the new company (debit assets, credit DLA) or would HMRC need to be aware of this amount?
4. He thinks goodwill would be around £30k - again OK to transfer or need HMRC's involvement?
5. Final query - sickness insurance - can this be paid by the company (around £160 per month) as he says it's vital to his business (I guess he would say that) but, if it was, I guess any payout would be taxable income to the company?
Any help gratefully received!
- I have missing sales invoices 324 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 168 1
- is my company accounts right? 622 16
- Invoice Help 340 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 203 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 332 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,376 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 340 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 928 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,037 26
- Directors Subsistence 167 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 230 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 413 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 260 3
- Final year's accounts 330 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,907 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,479 20
- Free Shares ? 327 6
- Dividend dates 328 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 293 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 215
- Probiz 204
- What's the market like for temps? 199
- CIS Deductions 161
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 157