G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 156 8
- Where has Portia gone? 5,000 109
- Overlap profit 286 7
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 28 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 301 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,053 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 94 1
- Payments on account 156 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 47 1
- What do your junior staff do? 505 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 628 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 393 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 526 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 121 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,923 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 330 3
- On the high seas 104 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 142 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 855 34
- Payroll question 151 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 850
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 338
- How do you do it 335
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 292
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 200
- new investor structure 196
- VAT Registration 178