G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 243 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 366 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,308 47
- Self assesment losses 349 9
- Payroll Software Recommendations 33 1
- Disposal of an opted property 200 3
- Fee protection 971 19
- Payroll systems 433 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 188 3
- dividend 275 12
- overdrawn directors loan 290 6
- Irish Taxation 176 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 71 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 128 2
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 203 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 283 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 148 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 466 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 169 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 171 5
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 239
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 215
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 185
- Tax on damages received 184
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 142