G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Day allowance working in Qatar 61 1
- S.455 Tax again 195 1
- Marriage Allowance 29 1
- Giving shares away 229 6
- Right To Manage Company 193 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 574 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 304 7
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 145 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 569 15
- Closing down loss-making company 341 4
- Where to post pension on sa100 137 4
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 324 2
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 259 2
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 708 5
- VAT disaggregation 229 3
- What are HMRC implying? 631 2
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 127 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 107 1
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 934 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 204 3