G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Sage Priority Support 87 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 679 18
- incorrect old p60 107 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 477 4
- VAT on new builds 109 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 344 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 121 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 111 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 128 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,835 26
- Missing tax return 168 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 918 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 274 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 160 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 554 18
- Physiotherapy 241 3
- Inflation and fees 1,216 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 163 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 280 8
- CGT help please 146 1