G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Discretionary trust reporting 128 3
- Website - Should I upgrade? 54 1
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 180 6
- 10 year debentures and CT 84 3
- VAT on garage rent 202 10
- General legal fees 53 1
- Giving a seminar 181 11
- Capital gain or not? 239 4
- Are HMRC getting it right? 495 11
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 165 3
- Foreign Tax 44 1
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 342 13
- Tasks for new trainees 264 6
- Shareholder agreement issues on development 84 3
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 141 2
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 100 2
- Partnership accounting software 121 1
- jury service 145 2
- Late submission of 2008 Tax Return 77 2
- Charge out rates in London? 273 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,109
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 583
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 293
- Interest on Loan to a Company 194
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 178
- Agent fees to sell business 169
- Alphabet shares 166
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 158
- Residency 91 day rule 145