G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 245 5
- . 184 2
- Freelance/Employee 647 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 189 1
- Accountant Specialization. 251 2
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 165 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 164 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 448 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 96 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 594 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 680 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 127 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 185 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 331 6
- Is it just me ... 290 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 290 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 119 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 352 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 224 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,539 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 747
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 183
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 171
- AIA 166
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 164