G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 203 3
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 856 8
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 739 10
- Lorry Drivers 239 4
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 397 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 51 1
- Undeclared rental income 939 10
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 202 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 191 4
- Money laundering POCA 351 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 72 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 137 3
- client threatening legal action 1,983 29
- Incorporation Relief 173 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,021 187
- Can I claim mileage? 326 6
- limited company for IR35 169 1
- Ir35 test 149 2
- payroll software 286 2
- Mexican student in UK 192 4
- Skandia using wrong address 516
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 282
- Employee rewards 268
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 242
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 231
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 128