G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,688 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 72 1
- Accounts Software 134 5
- HMRC Agents Line 198 4
- calculation DTR restriction 82 1
- Company Director In Prison 452 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 69 1
- AWeb - download file 170 3
- Charity work 238 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 254 6
- Director Drawings 167 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 265 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 229 7
- Collection or business assets 110 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 273 8
- Tax position re this lease? 371 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 729 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 107 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 93 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 520
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 336
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 216
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203