G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 203 10
- Standard 'email' template system 838 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 417 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,538 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,001 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 198 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 67 1
- Circular shareholding 201 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 176 6
- business card address 270 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 207 2
- Declined for business bank account 169 4
- Loan to a related company 70 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 633 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 323 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 244 8
- property rental income split 115 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 100 1
- Payroll provider 165 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,110
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 363
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 299
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 185
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 170