G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 104 2
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 73 1
- FreeAgent question 77 1
- CIS monthly returns 158 2
- Goodie bag 1,535 52
- Husband Wife let property 345 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 494 12
- Output tax for retailer 311 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 270 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 121 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 120 1
- CT600 Advice 111 1
- Fair Value Accounting 72 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 125 4
- can I approach clients ? 388 8
- Companies House Penalties 119 2
- Apostille documents 110 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 538 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 74 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 336 14
- Possible Partnership? 640
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 517
- New Fangled Penalties 445
- Fuming! 377
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 316
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 254
- Outsource Data Entry 239
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 234
- Moving away from CCH software 226
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 174