G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- effective advertising 167 3
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 272 5
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 118 2
- Put fees on website 236 6
- Director resignation 179 4
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 167 7
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,501 27
- Can't find a good web address 115 1
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,281 4
- Sigma Red 1,394 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 339 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 91 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 169 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 442 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 491 7
- VAT Variation Team 196 3
- Sage help please 305 4
- charges for storing documents 200 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 95 1
- VAT in Eu 87 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 475
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 460
- WIP Software 332
- No payroll scheme in place 286
- Is there anything wrong with this? 255
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 249
- Small Part Disposal of Property 225
- Uncommercial property business 218
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 189
- SA Penalty 180