G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 36 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,036 15
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 86 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 225 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 403 6
- Scottish Independance 572 15
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 81 1
- WC's and capital allowances 54 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,164 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 212 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 392 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 829 10
- carry back of gift aid 117 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 124 3
- Dress code 1,318 29
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 385 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 716 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 338 8
- NOMINAL CODES 343 4
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 750 5
- CTA study material 749
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 465
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 351
- Employment related securities question 299
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 242
- Trust for Employee 228
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 139