G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- new capital structure ltd with investors 277 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 113 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,635 23
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 84 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 247 6
- Companies House 291 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 109 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 101 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 336 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 114 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 214 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 671 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 659 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 144 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 676 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 486 5
- SA tax assessments 170 2
- Director self assessment 410 16
- Sage Import Data 183 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 241 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 432
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 243
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 218
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 216
- Slight twist on employment related securities 198
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 148
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 144