G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,768 27
- Value pricing 240 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,561 12
- Audit Required 112 3
- company secretarial software 145 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 153 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 64 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 188 1
- Rental Income 302 6
- Payroll 2012/13 108 1
- I have a pain 697 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 87 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 179 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 736 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 124 3
- Cash flow 149 2
- New use of home - simplified method 254 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 270 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 401 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,959 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 734
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 501
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 348
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 342
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 264
- VAT on Gaming Machines 214
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 201
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 179
- Director Loan account operation 150