G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- HMRC filing meltdown? 558 15
- client can't/won't pay 1,959 42
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 119 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 100 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 100 2
- Non resident income. 475 21
- Why do I do this every year 458 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 290 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 168 3
- Hobby Horse 815 8
- What sectors to target? 622 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 278 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 198 3
- Self assesment online 1,013 11
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 310 5
- closing limited company 201 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 131 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 262 9
- IHT and US resident 81 1
- Limited Companies Merger 218 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 937
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 654
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 583
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 247
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 240
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 180