G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Agent online self service 586 14
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 333 7
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 519 9
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,994 54
- Are Property Design Exhibitions Claimable 92 2
- Not renewing AAT 745 9
- What's the best software for this? 434 4
- Email encryption 1,421 15
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,240 22
- Next Move 775 21
- Zoho Books 191 1
- Self-assessment statistics 2,507 59
- Transmission of ISA 169 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 243 2
- CGT of shares gifted 395 6
- New dividend taxation 578 3
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 198 1
- Company car v company allowance 336 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 450 9
- Company formation and bank account 486 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 675
- Property letting & CAs 406
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 350
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- Costly Accounting Software contract 243
- DTA tie-breaker issue 221
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 211