G4S – lessons learned?
G4S today published the findings of a PwC review into the London Olympic and Paralympic Games security contract with the company.
"The monitoring and tracking of the security workforce, management information and the project management framework and practices were ineffective to address the scale, complexities and dependencies of the Olympic contract. Together this caused the failure of the company to deliver the contract requirements in full and resulted in the identification of the key problems at a very late stage."
What conclusions would AccountingWEB members draw from PwC’s report into the security failings of G4S during the Olympics?
What kind of management information would the board have sight of? What remedial advice would you recommended?
- Will I need to resign? 907 11
- Cocaine anyone? 644 11
- Lack of VAT Receipt 58 1
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 247 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 127 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 179 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 175 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 830 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 539 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 701 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 306 16
- Personal pension 436 9
- Business rates consultancy 268 4
- Wrong tax code 180 6
- Benefit in Kind 265 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 96 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 305 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,063 31
- Deferred Tax 475 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- Hive up 513
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 240
- WWOOFers 234
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 195
- The booking.com con 176
- UK State pension paid in NZ 167