Gambling Shop - VAT Invome and expenses
I've recently taken on a gambling shop as a client. I've received the records from the previous accountant and information to complete the VAT return from.
I need clarification on one point and wondered if anyone knew the answer. Winnings taken via the "tills" are subject to gaming duty, those taken form the machines are subject to VAT (I know this is changing shortly).
Under the current system, can VAT be claimed on expenses used for tills betting such as Sky subscriptions? This wouldn't be in relation to the machine takings which is provides the VAT income.
When the new machine gaming duty comes into force will betting shops be exempt from VAT?
Thanks and I appreciate any answers
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,401 40
- UK tax exposure 279 4
- Allocation of income from property 34 1
- Companies House Presenter Account 31 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,182 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 494 8
- Directors salary 85 1
- flat rate scheme 463 10
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 77 1
- Rental Expenses 243 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 260 7
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 228 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 353 2
- regulated mortgage work? 160 2
- any help? 306 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 366 8
- Companies House? 284 3
- Echosign mail merge? 300 1
- Before I call employers helpline 272 1
- VAT refund 430 4