Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 683 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 485 2
- dividends 671 2
- R&D 338 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,202 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 452 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 441 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 394 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 663 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 525 4
- Companies house strike off 599 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 452 2
- Moving to the cloud 762 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 222 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 917 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,103 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 514 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 334
- USA help 321
- Marginal rates of tax 320
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 318
- Class 2 NI 304
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 298