Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 163 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 200 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,229 35
- Mortgage Reference 549 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 253 7
- Insovent companies 885 19
- New Build 213 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 227 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 808 20
- Website Content 182 1
- Personal Tax 631 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 199 1
- USA Tax Query 314 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 656 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 368 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 402 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,742 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6