Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- Buy to let allowable interest 20 1
- Has been asked before but help needed 133 5
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 166 5
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 277 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 382 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 475 25
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 302 13
- Consequential loss claim 42 1
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 173 11
- private to company car? 90 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 120 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 221 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 102 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 857 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 395 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 263 4
- That old chestnut 600 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 70 1
- Partner with an IVA 116 4
- Joint filing delays 72 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 443
- CTA study material 408
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 264
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 227
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 172
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 169