Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- P11d & Medical Ins 175 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 155 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 78 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 188 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 249 8
- Director's tax return 324 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 91 1
- Sage Payroll 312 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 205 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,063 33
- vat return 259 3
- Flat rate vat 144 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 161 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 235 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 158 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 206 6
- Weely paid employees 257 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 556
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 301
- Free Tax Legislation? 271
- Director Loan account operation 253
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 161