Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- Mehjoo 235 1
- Thinking to start accepting Online Card Payments 157 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 56 1
- SA302 243 4
- Hosted email exchange 164 5
- South African Government Pension 174 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 148 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 244 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 286 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 231 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 139 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 269 7
- New Email Extensions 173 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 296 2
- Dental practice incorpration 144 1
- Audit rules 171 4
- Go Cardless 298 8
- business entertaining deductibility 169 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 213 2
- R & D 115 3
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 338
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 287
- Industrial & Provident Societies 279
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 158
- CIS schemes 158
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 147
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 135