Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,660 27
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 267 6
- Child tax credits 190 4
- transitioning payroll 89 2
- Deduction from Salary 108 4
- Car leasing scheme 209 1
- One off meeting new client 1,342 12
- 12 Pay Problems 152 2
- PITA client 537 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 452 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 590 15
- Right to waive dividend 118 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 118 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,433 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,742 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 135 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 347 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 672 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,287 20
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 298
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 272
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 211
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162