Getting information from previous accountants
I have taken on a sole trader client whose previous accountant is ignoring emails and failing to pass on information in particular relating to balance sheet items.
I suspect that he does not have working papers to back up the figures but I don't know. I do not know if he has a professional body. He did not prepare accounts with an accountants report, just a profit and loss and balance sheet so I do not have letters after his name to look for. He does not have a website or linkedin page.
I have an address, email and telephone but I only get sporadic responses and he seems to spend a lot of time abroad.
Does anyone have ideas on how to deal with this?
Firstly I am interested in ideas about how to get the information.
Secondly I am interested to know at what point I give up and recreate this year's accounts with the information I have got.
- Deferred Tax 175 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,239 16
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 24 1
- physiotherapy clinic 565 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 138 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 167 2
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 19 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 309 8
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,022 26
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,785 23
- Late Registration for VAT 176 5
- Registering a company late 243 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 281 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,930 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 102 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 102 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 422 7
- How much of your work is admin? 210 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,800 19
- Goodwill complications 163 2
- TheTax Donut 1,012
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 675
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 623
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 416
- Hive up 414
- corporate hierarchy 382
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 379
- LIVE chat, starting now 329
- AIA or IFA 212