Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Business lending another business money (UK) 296 8
- Family Partnership 274 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 147 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 183 6
- Business trips - director and family 410 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 69 1
- Signed accounts for bank 655 15
- flat rate scheme 2,363 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 158 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 323 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 159 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 73 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 204 4
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 845 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 190 5
- VAT Query on new build 115 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 107 1
- P11D Car Value 269 6
- NOVA declaration 110 1
- Business valuation advice 711 18