Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 342 5
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 32 1
- FPS or EPS 112 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,985 17
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 228 3
- Continuity of Practice 158 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 110 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 304 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,185 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 239 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 146 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 289 10
- Online Downtime 331 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 324 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 786 31
- Personal allowance 671 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 176 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 444 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 406 10
- Moving away from CCH software 944
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 377
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 352
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 321
- fraud 276
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 193