Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- directors control and tax problems 79 4
- Bulk Invoicing 154 6
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 168 5
- What would you do in this situation? 492 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 126 3
- Help Required 281 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 224 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 395 14
- What's in a name ? 242 4
- ATED Penalties 261 1
- late second payment on account 153 2
- US royalties 80 2
- Project being run jointly 126 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 177 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 182 3
- Sole trader mix up 292 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 735 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 895 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 210 4
- Filing company accounts 137 1
- CTA study material 697
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 423
- Employment related securities question 265
- AIM Stocks and IHT 244
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 198
- Trust for Employee 184
- Expat pension contributions? 182
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 159
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 152
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 118