Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Vat registration exception 187 3
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 97 3
- CIS software 51 2
- Homing sandwiches 431 11
- CT600 103 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 162 7
- Settlement discount 114 4
- signature required 491 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 507 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 175 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 165 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 116 2
- Pratice Management Software 109 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 203 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 126 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 185 2
- Related Party Transactions 117 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 107 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 466 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 765 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,239
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 520
- Digita Hosted Software 335
- Credit where credit's due....... 311
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 236
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 191
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 158
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 158