Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Dumb question 69 1
- corp tax software 610 10
- ml requirements 53 2
- Can't read my handwriting 179 6
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 522 11
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 394 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,457 67
- cross border vat 44 1
- RTI Payroll for director of a limited company (no other employees) 70 1
- PPR posers 124 1
- Allocating Partnership Profit Loss and offseting loss against general income 133 5
- revers sales receipt 103 4
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,850 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,342 459
- Transfer shares to son 170 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 243 3
- Shares received in return for services rendered 100 1
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 471 5
- Overnight subsistence 92 1
- 100% Xero practice 2,656 50
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,341
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 497
- National Insurance 382
- Non Resident 306
- Hands on experience of Digita 229
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 204
- Employer's Helpline 178
- Use of home expenses Rent calculation 172
- employment capital allowances 169
- CIS paid under reg 9 166