Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 383 9
- Personal Tax 89 1
- VAT 295 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 126 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 77 1
- last minute request 176 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 102 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 74 1
- Cash gift from India 477 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 65 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 398 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 85 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 224 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,134 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 644 6
- Overseas workday relief 152 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 292 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 664 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 111 1
- MVL 255 4