Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Time to ditch Sage? 396 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 140 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 432 8
- Fees 433 5
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 504 17
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 278 3
- www.pool.adzio 133 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 163 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,870 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 277 3
- HMRC Post 561 7
- Transactions with directors 473 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 309 9
- Non VAT invoices 242 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 246 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,430 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 272 5
- Form 17 Download 190 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 589 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 406 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 418
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 213
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 189
- AIA 186
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 181