Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Vat 253 6
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,259 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 333 7
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 106 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 410 6
- Why should I retain membership? 2,687 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 175 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 135 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,472 18
- CT/CIS offset 125 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 181 4
- Trade name 183 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 132 1
- New business - journal entries 314 20
- B2B vat in the EU 118 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 314 18
- VAT on deposits 207 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 137 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 414 12
- option to tax 205 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 802
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 710
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 208
- Digita Hosted Software 202
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 152
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 147
- Certificates of tax deposit 139