Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 232 7
- Directors bonus 108 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 67 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 258 3
- Get it off your chest 178 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 176 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 126 3
- break even point 1,103 33
- The return 727 27
- Sell business after leaving country 322 6
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 74 1
- IHT Query 394 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 86 2
- Charity accounting 65 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 996 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 149 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 145 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 356 2
- Limited Company trading status. 327 8
- Payroll 183 6
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 546
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 347
- Clubs and Taxable Income 288
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 206
- Outsource Data Entry 172
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172