Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- The stupidity continues 363 12
- transactions after account have been closed 44 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,301 25
- New Employers Helpline 173 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 148 3
- Software recommendations 235 1
- Share transfer question 351 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 287 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 151 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,396 19
- Overlap relief 748 19
- What is IRIS World like? 345 8
- Pension contributions 362 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 140 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 478 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 166 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 465 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 262 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 204 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 562 10
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 434
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 428
- WIP Software 292
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- No payroll scheme in place 228
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 226
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 204
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 177
- Uncommercial property business 173