Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- PITA client 467 6
- transitioning payroll 33 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 563 14
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 64 1
- 12 Pay Problems 88 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,404 34
- Right to waive dividend 55 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,714 29
- One off meeting new client 1,264 11
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 128 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 338 9
- R&D tax credit claim 290 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 653 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,247 20
- Child tax credits 142 2
- Deaf clients 631 6
- rental income since 2003 122 1
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 420 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,292 54
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 105 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 293
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 271
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 223
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Car leasing scheme 193