Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,347 41
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 437 5
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 197 5
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 191 9
- VAT on motor expenses 910 33
- Introduction of Goodwill 231 6
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 120 2
- Sage 50 (2010) 130 3
- sole trader - operating under cis 101 2
- What does it mean?? 384 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 292 13
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 92 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,730 22
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 146 3
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 169 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 765 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 401 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 222 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 352 11
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 105 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,551
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 238
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 228
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 213
- Management expenses for investment company 212
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 196