Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 154 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 422 12
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 315 6
- Share premium or Directors Loan 725 30
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 102 3
- What would you do in this situation? 120 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 129 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 600 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 627 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 80 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 339 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 240 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 217 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 383 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,392 46
- NOVA 550 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 271 10
- Regional Development Grant 119 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,401 21
- Company car without a salary 229 2
- Bonus Bonds 390
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 377
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 288
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 257
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 186
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 175
- Finance Lease 155
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 147
- Demerger Reserve 130