Getting started as a bookkeeper
Good day to all of you, I am in need of some advice following a headache brought on by my many confusing forums threads and 'advice' pages on the internet.
I am considering setting myself up as a self-employed bookkeeper in addition to my full time employment as an accounts preparation assistant which entails working on preparing accounts and tax returns, along with providing bookkeeping and advice on it as well.
I am looking at preparing books and records for small businesses and I am a little unsure as to whether or not I need to register with HMRC for Money Laundering Regulations, which at 110 pounds for the year does come across as rather off-putting as I'm not sure if I shall even be making that much money in a year of trading.
I do have other questions and I can provide more information about the bookkeeping I am going to be running if it is needed.
Many thanks in advance!
- Dress code 1,415 33
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 99 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,310 16
- Limited company buying director's car 110 7
- Entrepeneurs relief 207 11
- Scottish Independance 667 18
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 145 1
- Historical figures for WTC 55 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 132 2
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 149 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 418 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,155 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 110 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 256 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 425 6
- WC's and capital allowances 106 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 262 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 893 10
- carry back of gift aid 127 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 140 3
- CTA study material 757
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 467
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 362
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Expat pension contributions? 248
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 147
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 142