Gift Aid | AccountingWEB

Gift Aid

If a client makes a single donation in the current tax year and has insufficient income to cover the gift aid, is it possible to carry back a claim for, say , 50% of the donation to the previous year - the legislation seems to refer to "the donation" or "the payment", and in this case there is only one payment.

Has anyone come across this  as even HMRC cannot give a definitive answer !!


There are 4 comments. Login or register to view them.

See here

vince8 |

Thats exactly the problem -

ali16 |

As far as I know it is all or

paras007 |

All or nothing

pjones |