Gift from customer - taxable?
I'm probably being thick here:
Sole trader receives a £100 Christmas 'gift' from a customer - this is a genuine gift & not in relation to specific work done.
I see this as taxable income - are there any contradictory provisions of which I am unaware?
Comments greatly appreciated - conformation of my sanity would be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance,
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,663 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 210 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 813 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 99 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 368 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 498 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 145 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2