God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 144 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 236 5
- Sage Line 50 39 1
- HMRC Post 207 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 108 1
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 108 1
- Freelance/Employee 549 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 190 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 472 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,856 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 321 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 175 3
- Employment Allowance 355 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,391 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 188 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 972 21
- Company Structure 283 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,132 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 68 1
- Accountant Specialization. 145 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 171
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153