God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 39 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 328 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 215 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 566 12
- Research and development - repayment timescale 205 5
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 67 2
- Sole trader hid directorships. 344 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,363 46
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 248 5
- NOVA 541 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 254 10
- Regional Development Grant 98 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,331 21
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 77 1
- Company car without a salary 201 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 372 10
- Charity donations 1,043 21
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 138 2
- VAT on finance leases 194 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 588 10
- Bonus Bonds 388
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 375
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 286
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 183
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 166
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 146
- Demerger Reserve 128