God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 131 3
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 54 2
- Thin Client recomendation 120 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 255 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 95 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,221 15
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 54 1
- Homing sandwiches 803 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 235 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 185 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 88 2
- IT advisory questions? 398 11
- Direct debit entry query 140 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 772 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 200 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,173 18
- Acounting Courses 112 1
- signature required 823 30
- Suspected or Invalid Employment Support Allowance fraud 334 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 263 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,292
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 845
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 536
- Digita Hosted Software 352
- Credit where credit's due....... 328
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 212
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 177
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 157
- Director's business mileage 139