God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 101 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 261 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 923 20
- Moneysoft Payroll 180 3
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 248 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 932 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 473 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 166 4
- Client right to working papers 1,544 11
- vat gross margins 190 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 208 4
- e mail 196 1
- Auto enrolment 580 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,356 6
- VAT on new build property 159 2
- Auto enrolment 300 9
- SAGE 50 2011 160 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,633 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,880 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 219 2
- NHS finance professionals 671
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 412
- Foreign Pension Contribution 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 368
- vat gross profit percentage margins 363
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 352
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 312
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 279
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 242
- IFA income recognition & reporting 214