God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- SA302 209 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 136 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 207 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 277 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 120 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 904 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 222 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 126 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 258 7
- New Email Extensions 146 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,106 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 278 2
- Dental practice incorpration 129 1
- Audit rules 167 4
- Go Cardless 283 8
- business entertaining deductibility 150 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 185 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 93 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 173 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 337
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 278
- Mehjoo 223
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 159
- CIS schemes 155