God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,156 18
- Accountant Error 113 3
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 122 3
- Accountants' Error 285 7
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 313 3
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 656 26
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 108 2
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 70 2
- Companies House Abbreviated Accounts 399 5
- Deferral relief 64 1
- Wear and tear allowance 366 5
- HMRC Enquiry 499 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 217 2
- Share swap 109 1
- Cashback 340 2
- another ir35!!!! 228 2
- Settlement, or any other issues? 94 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 106 3
- Buying blocks of fees 394 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 279 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,431
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 737
- Any views 679
- HMRC Employers Diary 506
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 377
- Sale of business 333
- NOVA 240
- Advertising services? 231
- IRIS Open Books problem 225