God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 109 3
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 107 2
- Unallocated client money 105 3
- Client Death 479 8
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 143 6
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 365 4
- Expenses Apps 125 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 917 14
- Tick & Bash Bristol 523 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 144 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 131 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 196 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 154 5
- LLP ex-member not being paid accrued profits 112 4
- Luncheon vouchers - Class 1 NICs 150 4
- Quick Easy Quote 156 2
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 113 1
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,897 37
- monthly payments 337 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 645 17
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 595
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 471
- Sorry ignore me 365
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 364
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 293
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 274
- Cancelled 232
- Cancelled 201
- Bartercard 165
- C79 Discrepancy 160