God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Surely not? 116 6
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 216 7
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 272 5
- Share structures 76 2
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 278 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,220 36
- Start up allowance? 173 7
- Business rates consultancy 194 3
- AIA or IFA 301 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 119 4
- Old CGT loss 89 1
- Late Registration for VAT 297 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 563 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 487 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 173 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 206 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 197 9
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 861 13
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 108 2
- CGT and Expenses on Property Rental Business 81 1
- TheTax Donut 1,034
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 683
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 428
- Hive up 421
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 389
- corporate hierarchy 384
- LIVE chat, starting now 339
- Advice - 192