God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 52 1
- Goodie bag 2,724 71
- Corporation Tax Software 285 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 725 6
- How many associated companies 114 2
- How do I save face? 1,778 14
- BIK for an electric car 84 1
- Signed accounts for a lender 369 17
- can I approach clients ? 799 11
- Regular Director bonus 261 5
- Secure document exchange 569 6
- HMRC Summons for £14k 129 1
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 104 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 505 9
- FreeAgent question 307 8
- Mortgage interest 88 1
- Practising options 485 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 441 10
- Software recommendations? 389 5
- Latest scam e-mails 185 1
- Possible Partnership? 677
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 529
- New Fangled Penalties 462
- Fuming! 461
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 269
- Moving away from CCH software 252
- Outsource Data Entry 249
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 248
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 197