God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Networking 50 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 250 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 134 1
- Turnover on a tax return 251 8
- incorrect old p60 432 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 289 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,920 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 268 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 238 3
- VAT refund 159 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 239 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 262 3
- Missing tax return 383 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,120 30
- Inflation and fees 1,404 24
- Sage Priority Support 187 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 840 24
- Micro-entity accounts 290 1
- Related party disclosure 235 3
- Company reconstruction 166 1