God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 195 5
- online CT600 splitting salary COS & expenses 99 7
- Directors Tax Returns 83 2
- Presentation/Disclosure of acquired Company 173 10
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 1,055 42
- P11D 137 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 552 10
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 164 3
- Residential Management Companies 139 5
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 138 3
- Buy land with a view to build residential flats on it 76 2
- Secondment expenses 252 8
- Aged Debtors does not equal TB 112 2
- Am I a tax adviser? 220 3
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 567 17
- Company struck-off 1,382 16
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 256 5
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 365 10
- Clever way to split cells? 399 14
- Problem with HMRC's form CWF1 174 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 949
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 663
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 414
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 338
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 267
- Paye procedures for CVA 254
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 253
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 208
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 203
- Pension Fixed Protection 192