God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Tax relief when working away 16 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 909 36
- Self assessment for directors 22 1
- Tax relief when working away 125 3
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 238 9
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,299 20
- Designated sole Residence 223 5
- A little knowledge 241 5
- Scratch Head 326 1
- Year end 252 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 314 13
- Clothing 624 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 151 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 181 5
- Identity check problem 1,510 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 196 1
- Capital allowances on Software 235 2
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 130 3
- Company director and KIT days 133 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,194 50
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 960
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 684
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 631
- Latest phishing scam 608
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 446
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 331
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 265
- Sabbatical payments 223
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 207
- Negligible Value Claim 203