God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 52 4
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 64 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 228 6
- Companies House 276 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 64 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 93 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 317 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 96 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 203 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 660 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 645 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 128 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 659 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 470 5
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Director self assessment 402 16
- Sage Import Data 175 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 236 2
- Dividend Vouchers 280 4
- Engagement letter 202 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 425
- CTA study material 390
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 287
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 266
- Pre incorp expenses 239
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 209
- Slight twist on employment related securities 195
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 141
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 139