God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Closing my business down 250 16
- Your comments please 69 2
- CGT history of shares 26 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 30 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 37 1
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 134 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,264 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,486 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 898 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 48 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 146 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 172 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 237 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 622 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 241 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 198 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 154 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 311 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 101 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,123 18
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 362
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 216
- EPS and CIS deductions 206
- Out of time or not? 189