God Bless HMRC
Had a letter today saying 'we sent something to your client and it came back, tell us their new address'.
Never heard of the client, but rang and cleared security (/facepalm number 1) by using the information HMRC had sent me.
I explained the situation and that the individual was probably an employee of one of our clients and once I knew which one I could find out the new address for HMRC. But of course giving out an employer's name to someone is a breach of the Idiocy Act of 2010, as who knows what someone could do with that information.
So I told the nice lady there is no way I can help them unless they can tell me anything about the client. She said there is nothing she can say, so I said good luck on tracking them down and hung up.
I hope it wasn't anything important HMRC wanted to send.
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 228 1
- will this work for IHT 248 2
- Best software for small practice? 633 20
- Paid too much !! 237 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,739 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 248 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 78 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 187 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 480 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 109 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 88 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 89 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 475 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 748 11
- Sports Sponsorship 139 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 257 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 213 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 241 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,325 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,271 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 766
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 454
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 274
- DTA tie-breaker issue 262
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 246
- CGT for NOn UK residents 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 202
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181
- Just checking re PSA 175