Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 158 8
- Where has Portia gone? 5,000 109
- Overlap profit 286 7
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 30 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 301 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,053 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 94 1
- Payments on account 158 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 47 1
- What do your junior staff do? 506 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 629 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 394 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 526 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 121 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,924 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 332 3
- On the high seas 104 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 142 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Payroll question 153 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 850
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 338
- How do you do it 335
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 292
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 201
- new investor structure 196
- VAT Registration 179