Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 41 3
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 231 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,448 18
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 154 8
- Accounting for a finance lease 82 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,520 39
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 61 1
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,017 18
- SA302's anyone?? 451 15
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 676 23
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 90 2
- Renting for military reasons 97 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 97 1
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 214 3
- do i pay vat when buying a business 478 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,967 30
- Tax status of prizes 303 17
- Clogged Losses 241 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 306 5
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 251 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,612
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 893
- International interest certificate 503
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 276
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Management expenses for investment company 256
- Help with tax codes on Sage 204
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 168
- tax on apprenticeship income 160