Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- ACCA practice certificates 44 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 182 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,080 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 158 2
- What would you do in this situation? 680 14
- Dress code 502 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 517 16
- Project being run jointly 212 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 318 4
- Companies House 615 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 373 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 738 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,451 25
- Help Required 431 10
- directors control and tax problems 322 5
- Fastest Software 812 13
- What's in a name ? 414 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 328 4
- Bulk Invoicing 198 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 196 3
- CTA study material 717
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 441
- Employment related securities question 276
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 265
- AIM Stocks and IHT 254
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 206
- Trust for Employee 205
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 186