Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- Charge for tax returns 388 10
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,622 19
- Large director's pension contribution 479 5
- Company car and the new dividend tax rules 40 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 672 9
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 440 6
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 586 13
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 104 3
- Support / ticketing software 166 8
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 416 8
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 425 11
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 289 9
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 226 6
- interest in client bank account 169 3
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 268 13
- Landlord expenses incurred looking for new properties 333 6
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 605 14
- Company Number 10000000 882 11
- Company car v company allowance 754 2
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 212 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 780
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 209
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 202
- Just checking re PSA 186
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 181