Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 266 11
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 505 14
- Real names 684 24
- Consolidating the P+L for an overseas subsidiary 71 4
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 207 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 66 1
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 319 1
- Capital Gains Tax 206 6
- Fixed Assets 48 1
- Well well well 436 6
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 165 3
- Dividend payment date 1,960 35
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 181 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 175 11
- Errors in prior year accounts 218 5
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 216 7
- Company Secretarial Software 1,315 28
- LLP and LTD Co 111 3
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 118 1
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 305 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 571
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 439
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 341
- IFA incorporation 321
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 303
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 258
- Sorry ignore me 250
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 246
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 243
- Cancelled 181