Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- convert directors loan account to share capital 52 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,912 32
- Share restructure 315 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 129 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,713 14
- P11d error 408 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 137 1
- New use of home - simplified method 115 1
- Associated companies 89 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 244 12
- Rental Income 223 2
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 483 8
- Paperless office question 164 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 398 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 927 5
- Stock Valuation 128 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 474 14
- Corporation tax due and repayable 99 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 168 2
- Newsletter 220 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 493
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 332
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 327
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 205
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 176
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 170