Golf lessons and vat
My client is a golf pro and self employed. His private tuition income would be exempt from vat.
He phoned us to say another pro does the same as him in other ranges and does not get charged vat by the range owners on commission he generates from lessons.
He gives lessons at a driving range and the range owner gives him a monthly breakdown of turnover then is charged a % of that plus vat.
The range lets him use a private bay with video playback or any public bay and the range takes appointments and payments from customers then pays him less commission and vat.
Is it correct the range owner should charge him vat?
If the range owner is hiring land and ancillary services might this be exempt if they had not opted to tax?
Thanks for any help
- home office expenses as a director 150 6
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 833 22
- Sick pay 127 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 247 7
- Undeclared rental income 268 5
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 213 4
- Drop box Storage 880 9
- Drop Down Boxes 157 2
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 212 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,386 498
- CIS paid under reg 9 210 1
- PAYE Refunds from HMRC 184 4
- rti 242 9
- Cash injection by shareholder 729 9
- Another goodwill question ....... 242 2
- FIFA game and making money 1,759 15
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 412 7
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 271 4
- Property management company Online returns 102 1
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 140 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,403
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 535
- National Insurance 436
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 256
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 240
- Employer's Helpline 194
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 163
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 159
- Umbrella pay services 134