I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,615 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 76 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 68 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 230 6
- Companies House 278 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 84 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 95 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 320 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 101 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 207 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 662 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 131 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 664 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 476 5
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Director self assessment 403 16
- Sage Import Data 176 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 238 2
- Dividend Vouchers 284 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 428
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 240
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 195
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 142
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 140