I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 193 7
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 209 7
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 535 20
- Year end 95 1
- How would you account for warranty? 128 4
- LLP - Member leaving 105 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 386 22
- Sweet Tooth 150 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,024 13
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 164 2
- trading or dormant 103 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 97 1
- tax credits 123 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 562 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 262 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 111 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 193 3
- Foreign income for self employed 127 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 641 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 88 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 866
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 514
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 327
- How to format a stock book 304
- Tax efficient holding company structure 241
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 235
- Investment property company accounts template 223
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 217
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 188
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 160