I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Lack of VAT Receipt 94 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 305 6
- Benefit in Kind 281 6
- Help with CGT please 57 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 313 17
- Will I need to resign? 924 11
- Cocaine anyone? 657 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 252 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 141 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 187 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 176 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 840 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 544 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 710 13
- Personal pension 444 9
- Business rates consultancy 269 4
- Wrong tax code 181 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 104 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 324 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,065 31
- Hive up 514
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 475
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 242
- WWOOFers 238
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 220
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 196
- The booking.com con 180
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168