I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 52 3
- IHT Query 194 4
- How much to charge? 44 1
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 359 9
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 410 2
- BrightPay 673 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 226 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 427 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 188 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 372 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 373 8
- SDLT on leases 128 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 380 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 946 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 305 4
- Statutary sick pay 224 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 313 4
- Director Salary 372 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 308 7
- Capital Gain? 445 11
- Possible Partnership? 457
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 431
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 422
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 223
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 219
- Clubs and Taxable Income 213
- Income tax on foreign dividends 203
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 200
- New Fangled Penalties 199
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 168