I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,280 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 719 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,353 28
- Dividend dates 460 8
- R&D tax credit claim 198 5
- PITA client 111 2
- CIS Deductions 263 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 65 1
- is this fraud? 748 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 472 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,482 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 201 5
- Not a good start no broadband 470 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 164 2
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 209 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 85 1
- Intrastat triangulation 69 1
- CGT 152 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 193 4
- Question regarding gym training 391 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 592
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 239
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 177
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 168
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151