I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 533 4
- Wrong career 89 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,847 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 177 5
- Newsletter 234 5
- RTI Filing 1,754 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 87 1
- Fee's for P11D's 298 5
- Agent with HMRC 238 10
- Quarterly PAYE 231 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 50 1
- reporting salary? 172 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 324 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 273 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 103 3
- Value pricing 589 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 391 1
- Childcare Vouchers 175 3
- Audit Report Query 189 5
- Coming in from the cold 227 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 771
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 524
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 393
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 218
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 217
- Director Loan account operation 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 205
- Free Tax Legislation? 180
- vat return 171