I have just been told by a client that one of the two directors wants to draw out the £10k from the company that he paid for the company two years ago.
The only problem is that this is the first I have heard of this transaction and it hasn't been reflected in the accounts. I took this client over last year and did not do the accounts in the year of change.
One old director sold to new director for £10k. The new director paid this personally and it has never hit the accounts of the company. The new director now wants this cash back from the profitable company.
Should this £10k that was paid ,that was for all the assets of the company but around £9,000 was goodwill, have been brought into the company accounts with the £10k showing as owing to the new director?
If so, can i bring this in now?
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 970 13
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 137 2
- ATT Exam tips and study help 70 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 250 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 230 5
- Client's company struck off 1,723 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 69 1
- Refurbised Pub 138 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 156 4
- Quote for client 143 3
- Directors obligation to notify 371 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 69 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 94 1
- Tax and children 305 2
- Moneysoft update problem 241 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 556 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 803 7
- QROP pension input amounts 530 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 499 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 265 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 511
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 272
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 217
- SAGE winforecast 212
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199
- Overdrawn director account 199