Goodwill Amortisation and CT600
We own a small retail business and post office that we purchased through our Ltd company and have been writing off the goodwill over 5 years because of uncertainty of the future of the Post Office and offsetting this against the P&L and therefore reducing our corporation tax bill.
My accountant has said that from 2011 amortisation of intangible assets (Goodwill) can no longer be treated this way and has to be added back into the profit/loss value for the purpose of calculating corporation tax, he stated that it is now treated as "Loses on Disposal of Assets"
I am not an accountant but I cannot find anything on HMRC site that says Goodwill Amortisation has to be treated differently so am hoping some one can provide some guidance for me as I have a feeling he is not providing me with the correct information but of course I could be wrong.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,862 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 236 2
- Xerocon 2016 801 12
- Personal Tax 176 2
- Mortgage Reference 160 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 147 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,176 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 431 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 210 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 173 1
- last minute request 278 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 499 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 83 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 452 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 119 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 271 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 668 6