Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- Microsoft One Drive 192 5
- Accounts Package 193 7
- Question about VAT Group Registration 94 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 636 18
- Not a question but made my day 545 13
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 199 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 261 3
- Travel expenses for director - flight 361 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 391 8
- VAT on property 107 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 255 4
- PPR ELECTION 306 9
- Late night meals self employed 353 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 416 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 268 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,839 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 123 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,876 25
- Audacity 1,224 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 263 1
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 377
- Foreign Pension Contribution 346
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 329
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 310
- vat gross profit percentage margins 307
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 283
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 251
- Thinning income 229
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 203