Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- Matching of tax return to P60 110 3
- VAT chargeable or not? 34 1
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 203 8
- find-accountants.com 107 1
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 105 4
- Related Parties Note 160 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,041 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,221 53
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 778 22
- what time is it ? 346 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 93 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 436 24
- VAT on disbursement 172 2
- tax credits 226 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,062 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 92 1
- LLP - Member leaving 207 6
- Year end 274 3
- Foreign income for self employed 178 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 325 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 924
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 327
- Tax efficient holding company structure 262
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 194
- Charge out rates in London? 163