Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- CT return error message 295 8
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 43 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 25 1
- Audit rules 328 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 209 6
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 276 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 163 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 767 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 152 2
- FRS17 query 191 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 910 6
- Charge HMRC 165 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 473 17
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,037 25
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 356 8
- VAT 170 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 82 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 182 2
- Capital repayments 180 3
- Online payroll software 275 4
- Xtuple 537
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 308
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 259
- CIS schemes 198
- Domain name sale and limited company 195
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 169
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 163