Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- Use of home deduction 489 15
- Copy Wanted 662 3
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 21 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 846 31
- Non resident income. 235 12
- Company dividends 390 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 56 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 77 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 174 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 525 21
- Software 324 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 398 6
- SA late payment penalty 181 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 295 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 101 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 107 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 111 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 118 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,418 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 260 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 545
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 513
- Latest phishing scam 401
- Entrepreneurs' relief 373
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 333
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 315
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 300
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190