Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- error on companies house accounts 719 18
- RTI penalties 74 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 511 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 129 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 306 5
- US Sales Tax 111 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 367 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 198 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 128 1
- Group Relief 127 4
- R&D Credits 102 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 248 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 119 2
- Clients 678 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 307 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 133 3
- Starting new accounting business 296 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 462 10
- Sage Payroll 119 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 116 2
- QROP pension input amounts 498
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 481
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 444
- EPS and CIS deductions 298
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 290
- Construction CIS LLP Company 283
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 248
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 205
- SAGE winforecast 203
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 186