Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- Coming in from the cold 298 3
- Splitting the tax year 149 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 179 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 159 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 100 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 197 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 253 8
- Director's tax return 328 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 101 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 206 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,065 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 149 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 162 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 239 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 163 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 425
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 302
- Free Tax Legislation? 272
- Director Loan account operation 253
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 164