Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- AIA 131 11
- two business from one premises 17 1
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,108 27
- partnership tax return 48 3
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 224 19
- I have done a terrible thing 147 4
- Anyone else still working this week? 130 4
- s455 tax 70 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 38 1
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 70 1
- LLp Profits 67 3
- Am I getting Soft?? 510 12
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 257 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 185 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,480 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 85 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 355 18
- Cocaine anyone? 816 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 350 7
- Benefit in Kind 411 9
- Hive up 529
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 488
- corporate hierarchy 461
- Advice - 310
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 256
- WWOOFers 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 229
- The booking.com con 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 209
- Cocaine anyone? 197