Goodwill on incorporation
Client has been a sole trader (IT consultant, but not a contractor) for just over a year.
He set up a ltd co 6mths ago and hasn't used it, but now wants to.
He has 3 customers so far, (two knew him personally before he went self-employed and recommended him to the other one) and a turnover of £30k.
I don't think there is any scope for goodwill on incorporation because it's all personal to him, but am I being over-cautious?
(The client has been speaking to the "man in the pub" whose goodwill was naturally into the £thousands then [edit: "when"] they did it.)
Thanks for any helpful opinions.
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 132 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 214 9
- How to Value a Business 468 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 123 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 535 13
- How much did you pay for your website 476 13
- Companies House 126 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 109 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 378 7
- Company Pension Contributions 251 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 205 4
- Expenses allowable 159 3
- Let Property Campaign 383 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 131 1
- Self employment trap - pension 340 3
- Awkward IP 612 9
- ESC A19 127 2
- When does my Property business start 267 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,535 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 868 19
- CTA study material 600
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 593
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 366
- Employment related securities question 223
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 196
- ATED Penalties 194
- AIM Stocks and IHT 175
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 131
- Expat pension contributions? 126
- Trust for Employee 124