Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- ATT Exam tips and study help 194 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 59 1
- FBI2 190 3
- Double entry 143 4
- Companies House 124 3
- sage 80 2
- Small house in garden 130 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 99 2
- Clients 912 18
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,030 12
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 279 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 132 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 265 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 305 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 127 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 517 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 161 3
- SAGE winforecast 248 1
- Trust 114 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 79 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 534
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 466
- EPS and CIS deductions 326
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 299
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 261
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199