Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 11 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 97 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 150 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 430 22
- What are options for non CA firm 1,529 18
- Tick & Bash Bristol 196 4
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 87 1
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 41 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 77 1
- Tax position re this lease? 131 2
- VAT on Training Courses 128 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 131 2
- Self employed travel expenses 146 3
- which software 378 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 59 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 390 4
- Audit exempt subsidiary 86 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 142 1
- Best apps for clients 278 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 602 8
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 448
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 315
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 270
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 262
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163