Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 312 8
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 147 4
- Easy way to not pay tax 143 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 349 14
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 199 2
- Builder using cash labour 117 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 216 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 442 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 277 10
- Was I rude 824 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 336 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 219 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 297 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 214 6
- Non-compete agreement 191 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 211 1
- Any views 741 1
- IRIS Practice Management 163 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 117 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 122 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,487
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 827
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 397
- NOVA 301
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 211
- Bonus Bonds 180
- Management expenses for investment company 178
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 172