Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- HMRC Agents Line 43 2
- Incorporated when they should not have 41 3
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 670 15
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 187 11
- Charity work 164 9
- Tax position re this lease? 300 5
- Managing Employee Expenses 156 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 30 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,655 60
- inheritance tax 547 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 139 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 39 1
- pension paid by company? 257 6
- Do I need a smartphone? 594 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 123 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 770 24
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 255 3
- Company Director In Prison 307 7
- MAAT vs ACCA 392 7
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,103 28
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 668
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 487
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 359
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 320
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 192