Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 212 4
- Partner with an IVA 26 2
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 146 3
- Your fondest calculator memories 108 3
- Growing pains 308 6
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 173 6
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 134 7
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 503 13
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 120 2
- Breach of employment contract 148 3
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 393 7
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 769 31
- Offset Self-Employed Losses against PAYE 101 3
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 836 13
- Residents Association Corp Tax 149 4
- ATT Annual Return Problems 74 1
- Dealing with VAT on invoices received after VAT return submitted 73 1
- Unfurnished properties allowable replacement expenditure 133 3
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 106 3
- Box CP18 CT600 113 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 401
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 270
- Pre incorp expenses 259
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 232
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 168
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 162