Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Hosted email exchange 154 5
- South African Government Pension 167 1
- SA302 215 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 141 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 215 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 279 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 134 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 909 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 223 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 129 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 261 7
- New Email Extensions 151 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,110 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 282 2
- Dental practice incorpration 132 1
- Audit rules 168 4
- Go Cardless 287 8
- business entertaining deductibility 157 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 193 2
- R & D 112 3
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 338
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 285
- Industrial & Provident Societies 279
- Mehjoo 224
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 222
- New strategic report 174
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- CIS schemes 156
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 150