Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- VAT on commision and connected persons 74 1
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 18 1
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 999 14
- Corporation Tax Software 387 11
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 658 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 79 1
- Auto enrolment 117 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 122 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 89 4
- Regular Director bonus 438 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 143 1
- Registration as self-employed 121 1
- BrightPay 1,089 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 527 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 344 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,104 17
- BIK for an electric car 162 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,627 90
- How do I save face? 2,360 14
- Goodie bag 3,098 72
- Possible Partnership? 689
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 512
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 334
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 274
- Moving away from CCH software 264
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 255
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 207