Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- OneNote is fantastic 132 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,100 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 52 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 308 5
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 219 2
- PPR on a development? 222 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 321 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 889 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,786 15
- Cloud accounting package 180 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,020 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 510 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 303 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 195 3
- Next Move 399 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 413 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 231 4
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 349 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 725 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 304 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 395
- Property letting & CAs 379
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 373
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 240
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 223