Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- When to include value of import in Box 7 65 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 165 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 307 7
- Capital gain? 82 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,250 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 272 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 351 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 417 8
- vat help for catering concession 276 10
- IHT dilemma 1,156 17
- Tax return software for remote working 234 3
- CGT 337 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 322 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 111 2
- Compliance check 516 13
- sole trader accountant 793 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 404 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 605 21
- More AE! 510 11
- How to classify an asset 165 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,084
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 780
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 464
- Digita Hosted Software 281
- Call Centre Data Costs 252
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 228
- Credit where credit's due....... 222
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 208
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 189
- Director phone costs 152