Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 138 4
- PRR 451 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 58 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 230 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 293 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 206 2
- cross border vat 115 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,906 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 777 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 283 12
- Can't read my handwriting 633 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,652 74
- Employing a carer 131 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 533 16
- Corp Tax Refund 174 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 402 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 281 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 94 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 235 1
- Audit partner? 279 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,372
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 518
- National Insurance 414
- Non Resident 320
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 226
- Employer's Helpline 187
- CIS paid under reg 9 185
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 147