Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Restriction on loss relief from 2013-14 223 1
- Technical reference 256 3
- Director issuing and buying shares in private Co 272 6
- Does director/largest shareholder's unpaid share capital need to go on a CT600A? 275 6
- How much tax should I be payng? 854 33
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 182 4
- EIS/SEIS 237 2
- Can S455 tax repaid 305 4
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 198 2
- Form EIS3 135 2
- Comprehensive herd adjustment guidance 171 1
- Tax return for 05/04/13 shows income for year to 31/01/14 255 2
- Bank loan incorrectly posted 288 3
- CORPORATION TAX ONLINE - BOX 131 269 7
- Box AC60 HMRC Micro-entities CT600 filing 201 2
- Are you a member of the Aweb LinkedIn group? 241 2
- is the new landlord entitled to the 3 month exemption from business rates for empty premises, 241 4
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 122 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 480 7
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 827 10
- The booking.com con 352
- WWOOFers 341
- Cocaine anyone? 340
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 330
- Trade and asset transfers – fair value adjustments 221
- logical office 205
- Ho Ho Ho 196
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 191
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 190
- Associated companies where SCI with only one company in group 186