Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 402 9
- Limited company buying a car 340 6
- Funding Circle experience 126 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 226 10
- Excel query 77 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,259 13
- Payment on account penalties 95 3
- Tax on free shares 123 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 194 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 117 1
- Audit 476 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 119 3
- Buying a horse?? 412 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 188 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 765 21
- PITA ex-client 258 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 247 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 363 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 326 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,668 19
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 492
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 457
- Employment related securities question 320
- AIM Stocks and IHT 307
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 276
- Trust for Employee 255
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 225
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 158