Google Adwords and are they worth it (for accountants)?
We've just been approached by a company (Townpages) offering a fixed fee for unlimited clicks on top of page Google Adwords.
We wouldn't normally be drawn into this, but they have grabbed our attention with a live demo putting us at the top of the listing.
There isn't a long-term contract - it says 'No commitment to long term contracts as your agreement with us to run your Adwords campaign is on a month by month basis requiring only 1 calendar month notice to terminate your programme, which allows you total flexibility to run your promotion when your business needs it the most.' However in the Terms and Conditions it does say 'Payment Anniversary: means the date on which monthly payments will be taken.' I always thought anniversary referred to annual, but maybe I'm being pedantic.
Has anyone any experience of this company?
Can a company offer a set price for clicks? They do say they are a Certified Google Adwords Partner – is there a way to verify this?
I remember hearing somewhere what position on a Google listing gets what clicks. For the non Adwords It was something like 45% of clicks go to the first listing, 11% to second, 8% to third etc. I’m not sure how well Adwords come out. Does anyone know where I can find accurate data on this?
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 111 5
- Unhappy client over fees 1,408 32
- Multi user accounting software 130 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 77 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 221 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 120 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 160 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 192 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 403 11
- do i need an online accounting software 555 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 107 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 647 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 253 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,021 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 183 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 300 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 125 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 465 12
- ACCA student with study package 412 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 407 3
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 475
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 467
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 372
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 262
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 202