Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Dividend payment date 1,869 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,689 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 115 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 126 5
- Director hired as an individual 65 2
- Real names 522 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 92 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,278 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 83 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 194 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 178 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 114 1
- Who owns the data 218 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 154 5
- Sole Trader Fees 119 1
- Loan interest rental property 193 5
- Theatre as charitable company 47 1
- Peer to Peer lending 137 5
- What's the plural? 671 14
- Well well well 256 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 432
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 333
- IFA incorporation 310
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 295
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 250
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 238
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 230
- Sorry ignore me 224