Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 184 2
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 473 15
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,049 11
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 293 11
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 311 6
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 253 6
- Potentially dodgy client 257 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 544 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 429 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 395 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 504 23
- Do I need to pay my accountant 614 8
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 189 6
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 330 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 653 8
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 149 2
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 169 3
- Lloyds bank ... 461 6
- Limited company buying a car 266 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 515 10
- CTA study material 780
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 412
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 267
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 263
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 197
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 150