Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Sole trader paying Class 1 NIC 68 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 223 7
- Stock of photos to capatilise 285 14
- Spousal transfer and PPR 774 34
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 134 4
- Where has Portia gone? 3,466 91
- RTI Payroll ID 699 19
- Rogue Accountant 3,550 57
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 87 2
- Practice management software 1,104 21
- micro entity balance sheet query 135 4
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 336 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 155 1
- VAT on a private sale? 176 5
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 240 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,236 24
- Payroll software 189 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 84 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 602 19
- Trade Association Dinner 180 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 818
- Pensions Regulator 462
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 425
- Sanzar 324
- How do you do it 315
- Digital marketing focus group 307
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 279
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 185
- Fit for purpose 181