Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- General tax book with planning 163 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,224 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 291 11
- Gift of property & improvements 123 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 353 5
- VAT Invoice 152 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 809 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 131 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 225 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 197 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 157 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 459 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 381 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 263 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 190 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 259 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 168 4
- SA302's anyone?? 544 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,649 41
- Renting for military reasons 197 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 511
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 299
- Management expenses for investment company 264
- Bonus Bonds 262
- tax on apprenticeship income 174
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 151