Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,465 5
- How much does the company pay 78 2
- Help with CGT please 87 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 120 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 299 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 322 17
- Will I need to resign? 943 11
- Cocaine anyone? 669 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 257 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 160 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 851 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 550 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 723 13
- Personal pension 452 9
- Business rates consultancy 274 4
- Wrong tax code 193 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 116 2
- Hive up 517
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 477
- corporate hierarchy 455
- Advice - 299
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 248
- WWOOFers 244
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 223
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 199
- The booking.com con 186
- Cocaine anyone? 170