Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 52 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 96 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 441 17
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 183 6
- Paid too much !! 149 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 72 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 61 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 63 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 470 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 737 11
- Sports Sponsorship 109 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 234 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 207 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 190 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,306 14
- Best software for small practice? 600 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,257 21
- HMRC Enquiry 471 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 215 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 288 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181