Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Concurrent users 772 11
- Bank account frozen 168 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 63 1
- Comment Deletion 95 1
- change director details just before striking-off 130 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 199 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 101 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 202 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 227 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 110 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 108 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 881 26
- Writing Website Content 688 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 134 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 191 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 253 2
- Badges of trade 361 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 297 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 155 2
- AIA 358 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 453
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 423
- Electric Car 358
- S222 Charge 285
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 265
- IP trans to holding company 220
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 206
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 196
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 169
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 169