Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Selling shares to Pension fund 33 1
- Sports Club - Option to tax 13 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 121 3
- Highlighting a line on cell click 34 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 323 14
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,434 42
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 161 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 485 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,948 65
- Companies House Authentication code 139 5
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 406 5
- Free accounts system for small business? 335 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 287 9
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 642 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 342 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 256 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 127 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 291 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 401 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 279 1
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 207
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 167
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- PTP Software 148
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 138