Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- I have missing sales invoices 321 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 163 1
- is my company accounts right? 615 16
- Invoice Help 336 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 196 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 329 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,369 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 337 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 923 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,034 26
- Directors Subsistence 162 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 226 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 408 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 257 3
- Final year's accounts 327 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,905 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,476 20
- Free Shares ? 326 6
- Dividend dates 326 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 290 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 550
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 317
- Cancelled 313
- Cancelled 263
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 222
- Married woman dies owning marital home 214
- Probiz 202
- What's the market like for temps? 198
- CIS Deductions 160
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 155