Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- B2B vat in the EU 136 3
- Why should I retain membership? 2,730 47
- Coding Notice 159 4
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 139 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 126 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 447 7
- Vat 277 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,277 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 345 7
- Recharge for private use of a company car 190 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 160 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,490 18
- CT/CIS offset 145 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 190 4
- Trade name 191 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 143 1
- New business - journal entries 323 20
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 319 18
- VAT on deposits 212 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 146 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 818
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 392
- Social investment tax relief 210
- Digita Hosted Software 205
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 163
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 149
- accounting for this transaction 143