Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Would this fall into IR35 42 2
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 839 8
- How much did you pay for your website 31 1
- Company Accounts - Limited company 330 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,559 27
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 503 8
- Who can I refer leads to? 1,195 16
- Computers & Network Depreciation 132 3
- Capital Allowances and Hire Purchase 167 3
- Awkward IP 322 3
- Let Property Campaign 237 4
- DTL adjustement in P &L 172 4
- R & D 180 2
- Bookkeeping Package 536 7
- practice planning 520 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,182 29
- Expenses management strategy 1,001 12
- Employment status 399 8
- Benefits in kind: employees who benefit from client entertainment and alcohol consumed on-premises 217 3
- sub contractors payments in C tax return 172 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 576
- CTA study material 560
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 335
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 255
- Employment related securities question 202
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 176
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 175
- ATED Penalties 173
- AIM Stocks and IHT 157
- Foreign Premium Distributions 131