Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,400 26
- Employment allowance changes 149 6
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 710 13
- Voluntary dissolution of company 267 5
- Bankstream 958 23
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 212 2
- Excel - Sage Integrated Reporting 127 1
- Inter Company Loans 23 1
- Software that posts COGS? 552 13
- Xerocon 2016 526 9
- Disengagement Help! 319 12
- VAT on online services 208 2
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 24 1
- Excel budget templates - help 482 2
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 443 18
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 669 27
- An IT question 102 3
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 247 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,030 42
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 338 4