Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 984 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 109 3
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 177 8
- SAGE winforecast 233 1
- Trust 97 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 63 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 67 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 54 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 178 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 131 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 223 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 166 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 95 4
- Auto enrolment 1,570 15
- Annual Report - How to? 274 10
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 264 4
- Client's company struck off 2,070 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 157 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 136 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,132 17
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 527
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 460
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 288
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 246
- Overdrawn director account 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 187