Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- The process of issuing dividend? 36 2
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 164 5
- Travelling costs claimable? 24 1
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 462 9
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,210 20
- Non-resident employer & employee 73 3
- Claiming salary pre incorporation 148 2
- Write off of former director's loan 902 13
- PPR query 127 1
- Fixed asset registers 252 9
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 539 8
- Tech Champion of the Year 158 4
- R185 (Estates) in final year of administration 52 1
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 1,095 7
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 115 2
- Vat on digital download of music 110 3
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,655 34
- equipment rental 171 8
- Accomodation BIK? 177 3
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 353 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,345
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 430
- Alphabet shares 233
- Agent fees to sell business 224
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 218
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 165
- Charge out rates in London 161
- which entity 147
- confusion about 139
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 139