Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Sage import sales invoices with due dates 75 2
- Xero - Should I partner with them 412 8
- HP VAT with flat rate scheme 112 1
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 454 7
- Micro entity accounts - cessation of trade 82 1
- Spellcheckers 162 1
- What is IRIS World like? 138 3
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 279 5
- Sage Bank rec 101 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 250 7
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 121 1
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 138 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 219 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 211 2
- Just for fun. 1,257 46
- Directors Share Purchase 336 14
- Xero Training 150 1
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 385 13
- Is interest still due? 325 8
- Dividend Waiver 165 3
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 396
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 373
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 353
- Perkbox 330
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 268
- WIP Software 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 193
- No payroll scheme in place 184
- Nomisma feedback? 184