Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 20 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 606 15
- Regular Director bonus 411 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 118 1
- Registration as self-employed 54 1
- BrightPay 1,082 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 485 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 280 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,058 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 915 13
- BIK for an electric car 147 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,610 90
- Corporation Tax Software 363 10
- How do I save face? 2,277 14
- Goodie bag 3,051 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 106 1
- How many associated companies 185 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 446 17
- can I approach clients ? 935 11
- Secure document exchange 589 6
- Possible Partnership? 681
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 532
- Fuming! 502
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 331
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 261
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 251
- Outsource Data Entry 250
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 204