Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 268 7
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 73 1
- RTI Filing 1,249 21
- Shareholder Loan write off 499 23
- Loan to a participator 124 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,104 10
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 345 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 94 3
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 217 2
- £2000 Employment Allowance 110 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 336 4
- First RTI P45 203 3
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 133 2
- Non resident director pay 125 2
- Capital allowances 105 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 90 3
- Can Final Dividend be approved by Shareholders on draft accounts 217 3
- Cash flow 83 1
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 159 2
- Employment Allowance Self employed and Company 186 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 711
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 314
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 295
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 250
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 191
- VAT on Gaming Machines 183
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 160