Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Deferring dividends on paper 85 5
- VAT Query on new build 49 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 110 1
- flat rate scheme 2,267 42
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 130 4
- Family Partnership 213 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 45 1
- P11D Car Value 236 6
- Signed accounts for bank 602 12
- NOVA declaration 90 1
- Business valuation advice 700 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,474 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,215 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 265 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,092 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 152 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 375 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 792 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 435 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 324 5