Government's growth accelerator prog for business
This week Vince Cable announced this new initiatiave. It is aimed at high growth potential enterprises from micro up to top end SMEs.
basically £200millionGBP is available to help 26,000 businesses. They have to contribute between £600 to £3000 dependinding on number of employees to get on the scheme.
This seems a good deal to me as they are getting on average £7500 spent on them for very little investment - about 5 times their average investment.
The lead advisor is Grant Thornton, although there are other specialists in tech, marketing etc who are part of the programme.
From the professions perspective, what impact do we think this will have on accountancy firms heavily involved in the business advisory market.
Will GT end up with all the tastiest clients, given that accessing the cash is pretty much a closed shop?
Remember that even the smallest clients can get on this programme provided they have the ambition and wherewithall to grow.
Although there are far more fish than 26,000 in the sea the problem with selling business advisory services is the apathy in a large tranche of the SME market such that the only motivated companies get hoovered up by this scheme.
Will we truly be left with compliance services only to offer.
Just interested in peoples views.
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 39 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 47 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 361 21
- Use of home for storage 284 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 272 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 735 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,207 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 328 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 166 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,049 338
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 56 1
- property rental income split 221 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 283 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 329 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 391 17
- What should I do for 'free' 588 6
- Declined for business bank account 492 7
- Negativer Payslip Request 252 3
- Family loan 1,222 16
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 153 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,178
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 398
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 311
- National Insurance 305
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 258
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 231
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 230
- Non Resident 215
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139