Government 'simplification' needs your examination!
Robert Lovell has reported elsewhere on AWEB on an apparently well meaning government proposal to simplify reporting requirements for very small businesses (those with turnover up to 500,000 euro or about £440,000). His report includes a link to the government proposals.
Either I have misunderstood what the government has in mind or the proposal would, if put into effect, result in confusing and somewhat incoherent financial statements being issued by such companies and a much accelerated timescale for their submission to Companies House (the time limit being reduced from 9 months to 12 weeks after the year end).
Read Robert's report HERE.
- Xerocon 2016 1,013 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 223 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 234 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 589 12
- Personal Tax 488 11
- USA Tax Query 163 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 283 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 349 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 408 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 172 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 326 4
- last minute request 512 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46