Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- Goodwill on incorporation 90 1
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,218 23
- VAT on new build property 198 3
- HMRC - Online services - Anyone else having problems ? 142 2
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,247 23
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 362 5
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 127 1
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 497 15
- Insurance provider not VAT registered so Out of Scope ? 285 9
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 152 1
- . 260 4
- 31st october deadline 275 5
- Ltd Co / Summer House 223 1
- Client right to working papers 1,700 16
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,448 7
- wills 298 3
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 271 5
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 288 5
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,168 18
- HMRC Online Services Problems 511 12
- NHS finance professionals 689
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 418
- Foreign Pension Contribution 387
- vat gross profit percentage margins 376
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 375
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 365
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 319
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 294
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 257
- IFA income recognition & reporting 217