Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- Fixed Assets 235 3
- What are options for non CA firm 1,635 25
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 124 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 119 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,898 35
- Real names 1,135 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 521 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 171 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,385 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 685 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 242 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 120 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 141 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 303 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 2,001 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,975 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 98 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 129 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 167 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 130 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 584
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 339
- Sorry ignore me 327
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 281
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 274
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 264
- Cancelled 207
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 178