Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- Bank account frozen 162 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 45 1
- Comment Deletion 65 1
- change director details just before striking-off 123 2
- Concurrent users 764 10
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 193 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 97 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 199 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 221 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 106 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 99 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 879 26
- Writing Website Content 684 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 128 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 182 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 252 2
- Badges of trade 358 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 294 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 150 2
- AIA 356 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 452
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 422
- Electric Car 357
- S222 Charge 284
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 263
- IP trans to holding company 219
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 205
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 195
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 166
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 165