Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 131 4
- Vat registration exception 188 3
- CIS software 57 2
- Homing sandwiches 439 11
- CT600 107 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 167 7
- Settlement discount 124 4
- signature required 498 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 510 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 177 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 165 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 119 2
- Pratice Management Software 120 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 205 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 130 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 186 2
- Related Party Transactions 121 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 111 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 468 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 765 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,241
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 520
- Digita Hosted Software 335
- Credit where credit's due....... 311
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 236
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 192
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 158
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 158