Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- Classic cars investment 209 6
- BrightPay 564 16
- VAT silly question 2,373 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,063 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 117 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 224 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 243 6
- Federation Accounts 354 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 530 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 274 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 126 2
- Late reply from HMRC 247 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 283 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,662 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,424 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,792 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 504 11
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 219 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 233 8
- RTI - new employee 193 3
- Benchmarking 486
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 405
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 203
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 184
- Income tax on foreign dividends 184
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 180