Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 128 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 127 1
- Instant CPD offer 286 4
- Cash basis 519 13
- Income from rent charged to business 131 2
- payroll software 371 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 443 5
- Statutory sick pay 309 4
- Dividend in specie 370 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 221 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 176 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 146 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 275 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 295 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 169 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 388 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,858 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 336 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 260 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 111 1
- Skandia using wrong address 577
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 309
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 308
- Employee rewards 290
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 258
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 229
- Etax Australian 189
- LLP in Construction Industry 156
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 133
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 132