Group Personal Pension Error
Client with approx 200 employees has been deducting pension contributions incorrectly for several years.
Employees contribute 5% of gross salary so for example:-
Gross Monthly Salary £2,000
Pension deduction shown on payslip £100 (i.e. 5% of gross with no tax relief)
£100 is send to pension provider, pension provider recovers the tax from HMRC (thinking that company has given tax relief to employee).
So the employee's net pay has reduced by £100 instead of £80; the pension provider has recovered an extra £25 tax relief (as they assume the employee paid £125 less £25 tax relief).
Is this a PAYE violation? If so is the company liable to fix this & repay the tax.
Does the pension provider repay the tax?
Has anyone came across this situation & how was it handled with HMRC/Pension provide?
Many thanks for any comments.
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 114 5
- blank - ignore 370 4
- Company Van taxable benefit 76 3
- Non resident income. 354 18
- White van man 776 26
- Should i tell HMRC 1,202 12
- How to value a business asset? 99 4
- Companies House praise 161 1
- EIS reinvestment relief 158 12
- Do we have to register for VAT? 337 6
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 529 18
- Unbelievable!! 640 4
- Identity check problem 1,093 11
- Declaration of interest 115 3
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 330 16
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,827 13
- Entrepreneurs relief 108 1
- FRSEE Related Party Disclosure 81 1
- dividend versus capital distribution 162 4
- Advice on letting a client go ? 502 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 868
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 565
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 528
- Latest phishing scam 452
- Entrepreneurs' relief 405
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 354
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 332
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 314
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 236
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 214