A question on group structures and dividends.
I was wondering when a business group (for example purposes..lets say Manchester United and its parent in the caymans) has a trading entity at the bottom of the corporate tree earning the actual profits and has a holding company or several above it that do not generate any cash, but is the vehicle for the utimate public shareholders, when dividends are declared by the public holdings company, how does the cash find its way from the bottom trading entity to the top holding entity?
long winded i know, but thanks in advance for the answers.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 60 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 61 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 143 1
- How to deal with prior year error 119 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 508 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,323 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,059 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,036 20
- Tax Calculations 652 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 382 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 579 24
- Exemption from CGT 208 2
- VAT Registration 215 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 462 14
- Autumn statement predictions 410 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 304 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 175 3
- Moneysoft error 425 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 647 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 462 3