Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 224 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 306 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 134 6
- Deleted question? 566 14
- SMP reclaimable by employer 229 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 328 15
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 57 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,595 51
- E-Magazines and pdfs 131 3
- Late annual return 186 2
- Flat rate VAT 349 8
- corporation tax 458 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,128 29
- Dividend dates 673 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 125 2
- Companies House change of shareholding 579 16
- Yorkshire Day 476 31
- Agent help line - long queues? 188 3
- Company Director In Prison 626 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,302 23
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 568
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 370
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 228
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 221
- More spam 178