Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Anyone using PracticePA? 40 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 94 2
- accounts software for a hotel 74 2
- CGT on Let Property 430 9
- charities 38 1
- Are the creditors correct?? 102 4
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,712 83
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 177 5
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 180 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 103 2
- Franchise affiliations 188 3
- Gift to son by parents 424 5
- Company investment 228 7
- Seeking advice: Scottish LP VAT exclusion exact Law and Article 64 2
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 65 1
- Strike off after accounts submitted 185 2
- What is your favourite font? 477 12
- New company uses old Bank Account 135 1
- When to register or not for PAYE 379 7
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 250 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 352
- Any thoughts on Capium? 303
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 279
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 260
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 244
- auto enrolment 225
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 199
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 171
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 155