Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 914 28
- You know its over 284 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 473 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 197 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 145 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 137 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 195 3
- Cocaine anyone? 483 8
- Late Registration for VAT 474 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 263 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 406 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 407 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 695 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 544 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 573 4
- Personal pension 395 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 219 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,208 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 155 3
- Hive up 487
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 451
- corporate hierarchy 431
- Advice - 269
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 221
- WWOOFers 215
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 204
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 192
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 171
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171