Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 229 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,436 386
- P11D Query 177 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 167 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 153 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 106 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,262 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 539 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 267 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,285 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 134 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 181 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 112 1
- Scottish but not UK 331 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 294 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 265 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 113 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 448 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 114 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 432
- National Insurance 333
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 248
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 153