Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 132 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 24 1
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 51 1
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 693 6
- US royalties 19 1
- What's in a name ? 86 2
- Sole trader mix up 235 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 863 27
- Help Required 187 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 194 4
- Filing company accounts 106 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 463 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 139 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 243 7
- Bulk Invoicing 142 5
- late second payment on account 105 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 148 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,351 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 150 2
- What would you do in this situation? 386 9
- CTA study material 686
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 416
- Employment related securities question 259
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 191
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 173
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 140
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111