Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Companies House? 44 1
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 32 1
- VAT refund 359 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 219 3
- UK tax exposure 155 2
- flat rate scheme 289 7
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 207 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 516 6
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 96 3
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 261 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,026 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 167 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 188 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 126 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,295 37
- Turnover on a tax return 593 12
- incorrect old p60 587 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 170 4
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 173 1
- Special dividends & CGT 221 1