Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- sole trader to ltd company 216 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager Connection Problem 119 2
- What to do about Moneylaundering Photo ID when client has no official Photo ID 784 7
- Tax Adviser qualification/courses 67 1
- Accountex flash mob 424 14
- Child benefit 212 7
- Final accounts - procedure 235 5
- Cash extraction pre-sale 128 3
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 292 10
- Issues involved in an Asset Transfer from a Sports Club to a Charity? 111 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 105 1
- IR 35 108 2
- IT systems + software 81 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 397 10
- ACCA UK Practising Certificate 153 2
- Money Laundering and handover 672 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,516 29
- Property sale split between years 306 10
- Capital introduction 245 6
- CIS Deductions 339 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 647
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 408
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 338
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 304
- Using the correct forms 301
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 289
- Digital marketing focus group 199
- Sage Vat return box 2 198