Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 311 10
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,747 71
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 146 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 576 11
- Which software for practice books? 526 20
- Related Parties Note 577 10
- Dazed & confused 339 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 104 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 127 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 296 7
- trading or dormant 239 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 185 6
- Payroll Liabilities 100 2
- SAGE con 290 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 128 4
- Charity reserves 218 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 131 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,664 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 317 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 168 12
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,040
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 563
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 370
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 279
- Charge out rates in London? 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 217
- Personal consumption by landlord 189
- Interest on Loan to a Company 177
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 154
- Agent fees to sell business 149