Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 271 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 897 24
- New starter - tax code 177 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 114 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,684 60
- PI cover 98 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 124 2
- HMRC site down ? 161 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 139 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 201 3
- Xero Pain Points 256 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 92 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 119 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 160 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 380 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 222
- S222 Charge 202
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174