Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- What's the best software for this? 407 4
- Email encryption 1,400 15
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,188 22
- Next Move 735 21
- Zoho Books 167 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 244 3
- Self-assessment statistics 2,493 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 317 5
- Transmission of ISA 140 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 220 2
- Not renewing AAT 686 9
- CGT of shares gifted 389 6
- New dividend taxation 536 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,820 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 185 1
- Company car v company allowance 313 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 444 9
- Company formation and bank account 468 9
- Owning overseas property 372 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 295 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 673
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 412
- Property letting & CAs 405
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 349
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- Costly Accounting Software contract 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 221