Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Funding Circle experience 99 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,217 13
- Excel query 42 1
- Payment on account penalties 66 3
- Tax on free shares 105 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 177 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 179 8
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 111 1
- Audit 456 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 379 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 105 3
- Buying a horse?? 389 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 180 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 743 21
- PITA ex-client 219 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 241 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 350 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 320 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,664 19
- New supplier 149 3
- CTA study material 800
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 491
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 452
- Employment related securities question 317
- AIM Stocks and IHT 304
- Expat pension contributions? 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 274
- Trust for Employee 253
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 219
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157