Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Disengagement Help! 61 3
- New business 491 5
- Ok to disclaim? 57 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 987 41
- Xerocon 2016 489 7
- Can you use dividends to pay off interest charged on Directors Loan Accounts 99 3
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 325 8
- Autumn statement 123 4
- How much detail should you put on CT600A 56 1
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 301 3
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 120 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,639 26
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 608 23
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,175 38
- Sale of business assets 122 3
- Moneysoft error 499 8
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,738 40
- Auto Enrol with Salary exchange 138 2
- GRNI - Normal Balance 168 5
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 231 2