Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Elective DeductionsModel 35 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 173 1
- Rental Income 275 6
- Value pricing 135 6
- Payroll 2012/13 71 1
- I have a pain 646 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 55 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 141 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 718 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 101 3
- Cash flow 133 2
- New use of home - simplified method 200 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 256 5
- company secretarial software 96 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 352 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,933 32
- Share restructure 326 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 141 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,823 14
- P11d error 423 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 726
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 495
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 342
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 335
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Director Loan account operation 145