Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 96 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 59 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 375 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,434 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 175 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 454 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 126 3
- What would you do in this situation? 192 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 145 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 619 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 650 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 100 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 348 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 249 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 222 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 415 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 282 10
- Regional Development Grant 132 4
- Bonus Bonds 394
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 385
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 298
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 261
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 189
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Company Car Lease 161
- Finance Lease 158
- Form 42 151
- Demerger Reserve 132