Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,697 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,289 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 79 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 272 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 131 3
- VAT on motor expenses 877 31
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 153 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 179 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 152 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 734 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 382 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 195 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 323 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 100 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 387 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 90 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 322 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 399 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 133 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 96 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,540
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 848
- International interest certificate 467
- NOVA 325
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 225
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 216
- Bonus Bonds 206
- Management expenses for investment company 202
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 194
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 180