Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Freelance software consultant 257 3
- Tax Penalty overeaction 469 8
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 130 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 144 1
- opening balamces 322 11
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 705 35
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 280 4
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 700 18
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 93 2
- payroo 190 3
- Which P45 to Use 266 3
- Auto enrolment 1,585 25
- PCP Car purchase 142 2
- New Boiler at Rental Property 134 1
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 92 1
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 156 3
- losses carried forward 290 7
- No UTR 257 2
- Daft state pension question 326 5
- E-signature on paper tax return 166 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 770
- Copy Wanted 482
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 446
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 443
- Latest phishing scam 269
- Entrepreneurs' relief 256
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 254
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 239
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 219
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 217