Hairdresser's accounts : I am having a bad-hair day.
Hairdresser ... self-employed works in a (vat registered) salon and says she receives 50% of the takings for her work.
The only paperwork she managed to get from the salon was an invoice for the chair, for the whole tax year.
This invoice charged her VAT on the chair.
She says the amount shown on the invoice was the same as her earnings (50-50 split).
Would the Gross or net represent her takings?
If a customer asked for a vat receipt, would there only be vat on the salon's 50%?
The invoice for the chair also puzzles me.
Do I double the invoice value to get her turnover then deduct the invoice as expenses?
If the taking were split at the till, should she have received the vat invoice?
- Closing my business down 241 15
- Your comments please 64 2
- CGT history of shares 24 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 29 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 35 1
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 133 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,264 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,486 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 896 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 47 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 145 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 172 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 235 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 622 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 241 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 197 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 151 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 311 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 101 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,123 18
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 362
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 216
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 189