Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- Turnover on a tax return 62 4
- VAT refund 87 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 192 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 167 1
- incorrect old p60 359 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 250 3
- Missing tax return 356 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,083 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 177 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 213 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 831 24
- Micro-entity accounts 246 1
- Related party disclosure 215 3
- Company reconstruction 151 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 159 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 179 1
- Advice please! 425 2
- VAT on new builds 190 3