Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- Buying a business premises in a pension 177 3
- Unilateral Relief - How to calculate UK tax paid 173 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 471 9
- Going through security 255 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 461 17
- Dividend Tax Petition 301 3
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 226 1
- Bank reconciliation 262 8
- Practice software 659 14
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 334 3
- Sage Accounts in a mess 269 5
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 158 2
- Business only use of company car 212 5
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 243 7
- Goodwill on incorporation 503 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 354 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 198 2
- Retail business software/accounting system 137 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 200 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 110 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 240
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 225
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 212
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 199
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 169
- CTA Material 162
- Any thoughts on Capium? 161
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 160