Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,196 27
- Employee satisfaction surveys 71 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,223 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,338 21
- CIS and Close Company 134 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 482 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 187 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 203 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 137 2
- Director leaving in month 1 174 2
- Ex Gratia payments 100 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 302 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 185 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 203 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 199 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 183 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 59 1
- EIS - connection through employment 99 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 258 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 407
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 349
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 196
- Pension Fixed Protection 163