Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- Commission on holiday accrual 45 1
- error on companies house accounts 90 4
- Newly Started Practice 157 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 152 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 181 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 65 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 86 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 340 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 221 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 164 2
- Generic Notification Notices 118 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 442 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 432 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 83 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 242 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 143 1
- fraud 415 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 239 3
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 413
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 265
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 212
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165