Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 40 1
- Excel query 225 7
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 208 6
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 816 23
- Umbrella or limited company? 40 1
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 238 4
- Industrial and Provident Society Accounts Format 57 1
- Payment on account penalties 213 5
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 392 16
- New supplier 213 4
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 352 6
- Buying a horse?? 487 14
- Year End Bank Position 66 1
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 106 2
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 289 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 124 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,087 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 191 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 84 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,387 14
- CTA study material 812
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 501
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 469
- Employment related securities question 328
- AIM Stocks and IHT 314
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162