Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,341 51
- Option to tax by two individuals "together" not as a Ltd company 63 2
- Directors exempt from AE? 407 8
- Cut-off accounting question 278 7
- Freehold management company 47 1
- account in joint names - gift? 153 3
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 479 10
- HMRC site down ? 417 7
- exemptions from CIS 103 2
- Depreciation on purchase of software 412 7
- Class of Shares 180 4
- Contact at HMRC for agents 107 1
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 126 5
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 492 10
- What would you do? 581 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 603 23
- Auto Enrolment 186 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 223 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 114 2
- statutory maternity pay 155 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 387
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 341
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 323
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 306
- Electric Car 260
- S222 Charge 224
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 222
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 200
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 170