Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- TOMS - the other side of the fence 101 1
- &^$%ing Mollom? 161 2
- Spam blocking 264 13
- Just for fun. 763 25
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 278 5
- Employment status 246 4
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 76 1
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 55 2
- P11D help 80 2
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 135 4
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 113 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,706 12
- HMRC Email 366 6
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 251 10
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,383 21
- A little silliness 145 1
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 237 6
- Ex-gratia payments 253 5
- Directors Remuneration 876 26
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 124 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 485
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 381
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 374
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 348
- Perkbox 312
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 307
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 273
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 271
- Document Management Systems 253
- WIP Software 233