Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- Which address 1,039 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 563 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 70 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,468 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,056 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,201 44
- R&D tax claim 248 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 523 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 178 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 129 2
- Gift to employee 373 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 163 1
- Transfer of a business 126 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,138 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 415 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 119 2
- Sage Import Data 312 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 245 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 134 2
- Best time software for small practice? 238 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 482
- CTA study material 456
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 335
- Pre incorp expenses 314
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 256
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 208
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 161
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 143
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135