Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- SIPP 17 1
- When do RTI penalties start for micro employers 103 1
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 372 15
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 221 5
- VAT: Settlement Discounts and Output Value 69 1
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 131 2
- Flowers sent to client - not a disallowable business gift? 159 1
- Auto-Enrolment 4,328 190
- Rental income 212 3
- Cash basis 188 6
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 655 27
- Cash basis 830 29
- NIC thresholds - two employments 2,015 34
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 372 12
- Please tell me what to do!! 518 13
- VAT on exports to EU 118 5
- 5th April 419 16
- s455 Directors loan 277 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 251 11
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 302 2
- Skandia using wrong address 622
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 331
- Employee rewards 311
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 278
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 241
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 167
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 162
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 149
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 144