Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 140 11
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 123 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 105 6
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 627 18
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 318 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,467 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,870 356
- CIS 177 6
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 143 3
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 176 9
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 385 11
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 326 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 349 8
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,157 21
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 344 4
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 195 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 165 4
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 147 2
- PAYE 118 1
- Mutual trading organisation paying tax for the first time 118 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,207
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 418
- National Insurance 322
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 245
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 233
- Franchise income and costs 215
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 212