Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 291 5
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 115 2
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 105 4
- Company purchase of shares 256 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 96 2
- VAT QUESTION 134 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,091 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,214 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- Why should I retain membership? 2,234 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 485 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 667 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 159 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 95 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 163 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,625 41
- VAT: option to tax 210 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 205 3
- Payroll software 592 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 183 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 683
- Auto enrolment excuses 619
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Social investment tax relief 174
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130