Has anyone else had clients affected by the riots ?
Our client's shop was vandalised, robbed, and trashed during Saturday's riots. Luckily it wasn't burnt down.
They have spoken to their insurers and were told that civil disturbance, riots, etc are not covered by their policy and that this is a "standard" term in all insurance.
So, the business will close, 3 employees will lose their jobs, and there will be a very large loss relief claim backdated to recover the last 3 years tax, so the taxpayer will lose out too.
Should government step in to help these businesses recover. Should the courts seize everything owned by the criminals who did the looting. Should insurers be forced to cover ALL risks, not just the ones they decide to cover.
- Unhappy client over fees 1,027 24
- ACCA student with study package 294 7
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 1,324 13
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 245 8
- HMRC Online services Issue 247 10
- VAT exempt question.. 145 4
- do i need an online accounting software 459 5
- Financing goodwill 166 3
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 606 13
- Eligibility to FRS VAT 171 2
- ltd company 197 3
- Flat rate VAT and Work in progress 255 4
- How did the VAT Office get the bank account? 251 2
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 365 2
- What VAT rate 159 3
- Preference Shares and Dividend Waivers 153 1
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 265 8
- Foreign Dividends: UK tax credit 271 5
- Staff commissions 157 1
- Company Van - Classic vehicle 289 4
- NHS finance professionals 782
- Foreign Pension Contribution 465
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 453
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 398
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 359
- Incorporating doctors 340
- IFA income recognition & reporting 273
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 253
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 242
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 200