Has the ICAEW lost ground to the ACCA
When I did my exams many moons ago there was a definite pecking order. In the firm I worked for "doing certified" was reagarded as almost an insult (not saying I agree with it)!
The other day someone (non-accountant) remarked to me that they thought ACCA was the global qualification and the Moorgate Place mob were just a provincial outfit.
OK - so I know that the majority of people in the UK couldn't tell Certified from Chartered from Turf, but amongst people with some knowledge, what do you think the perception out there is.
- Can anybody recommend any software 152 2
- Family Partnership 123 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,032 32
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 41 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 336 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 95 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 708 11
- flat rate scheme 2,218 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 371 10
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,362 14
- Legal advisor recommendation please 271 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 188 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 190 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 191 3
- Termination Payment 509 15
- Company Share Buy Back 346 8
- P11D Car Value 142 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 253 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 302 5
- bookkeeping system 703 9