Have you ever
Has anyone been dumped by a client before the job has started but after an engagement letter, fee quote etc has been signed?
I chased the client again this week to find out where the books were. Client has emailed to say the book keeper wants client to use her accountant as the books are a mess and she needs help. I need to speak to them to find out whats gone wrong.
My question is, whats reasonable to bill them for time to date - or should I write it off?
I've had 2 client meetings, numerous calls, got my professional clearance, appointed as HMRc agent, set up files, completed MLR forms, risk assessments etc.
Im a bit miffed at the lost time - somewhere between 5-6 hours. I'd happy absorb the cost if I was getting the accounts and tax work but Im not :-( (and perhaps I dont want it if its a mess anyway...)
- Probate services 246 2
- Group relief for CT 80 2
- Practical experience 744 14
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 191 10
- Here we go.... 397 11
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,223 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,499 32
- Community Faux Pas 501 18
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 611 20
- VAT - Check on clients business 737 29
- Which VAT rate to use 97 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 245 3
- trading losses allowable? 629 8
- Do I need to register for VAT 291 13
- Post AAT? 549 2
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,958 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 319 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 221 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 302 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,381 23