Have you ever
Has anyone been dumped by a client before the job has started but after an engagement letter, fee quote etc has been signed?
I chased the client again this week to find out where the books were. Client has emailed to say the book keeper wants client to use her accountant as the books are a mess and she needs help. I need to speak to them to find out whats gone wrong.
My question is, whats reasonable to bill them for time to date - or should I write it off?
I've had 2 client meetings, numerous calls, got my professional clearance, appointed as HMRc agent, set up files, completed MLR forms, risk assessments etc.
Im a bit miffed at the lost time - somewhere between 5-6 hours. I'd happy absorb the cost if I was getting the accounts and tax work but Im not :-( (and perhaps I dont want it if its a mess anyway...)
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 227 6
- Company Share Buy Back 167 3
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 201 2
- Hello 385 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 329 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 961 16
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,910 53
- Sage 200 question 146 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 152 3
- flat rate scheme 1,948 38
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 155 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 649 9
- Charitable Payment 219 4
- Unpaid share capital 268 3
- Company car in the LLP 208 2
- Physiotherapy 356 4
- New build property to be rented 213 4
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 134 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 219 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 213 3