Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 318 8
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 94 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief 819 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 202 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 370 8
- how to object to registered company name... 164 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 469 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 358 5
- VAT QUESTION 294 3
- Property income in different capacities 173 3
- More AE! 683 15
- Charity Grant accounting 59 1
- Money Soft payroll 542 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 209 2
- Change of payroll software 417 10
- Director phone costs 278 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 358 8
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 212 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 151 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 52 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,183
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 801
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 324
- Credit where credit's due....... 281
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 167
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 145
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 132
- Sole trader CPD 128