Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Giving advice to friends / family 70 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 198 5
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 323 7
- Ex Gratia payments 109 2
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,203 27
- Employee satisfaction surveys 78 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,232 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,344 21
- CIS and Close Company 135 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 485 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 193 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 205 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 141 2
- Director leaving in month 1 182 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 306 3
- Selling assets to yourself ? 204 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 201 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 185 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 59 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 407
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 350
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 197
- Pension Fixed Protection 163