Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 672 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 479 2
- dividends 659 2
- R&D 335 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,199 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 448 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 435 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 386 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 558 5
- Seeking a tax case 661 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 519 4
- Companies house strike off 591 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 447 2
- Moving to the cloud 758 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 915 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,099 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 375
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 311
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297
- Class 2 NI 297