Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Will I need to resign? 32 1
- Paper tax return 73 3
- Start up allowance? 329 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 438 15
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,324 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 223 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 158 1
- AIA or IFA 412 7
- Surely not? 413 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 622 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 350 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 346 7
- Late Registration for VAT 346 11
- Old CGT loss 167 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 257 5
- Nominal Ledger 339 10
- Share structures 135 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,145 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 336 5
- Business rates consultancy 214 3