Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Enforcing A CCJ 13 1
- Employment allowance and sage instant payroll 109 1
- Should a company include comparative disclosures when no current year balances? 31 2
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 371 8
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 452 15
- convert directors loan account to share capital 205 7
- non resident receiving UK dividends 93 1
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 199 1
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 288 6
- P11d error 439 10
- Audit Required 159 4
- Audit Report Query 79 1
- Value pricing 318 12
- company secretarial software 173 3
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,636 13
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,803 27
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 217 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 77 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 193 1
- Rental Income 313 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 737
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 503
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 355
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 344
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 267
- VAT on Gaming Machines 219
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 204
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 191
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 181
- Director Loan account operation 154