Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Help with Mortgage Application? 469 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 149 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,597 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 209 10
- Standard 'email' template system 873 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 456 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,021 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 213 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 84 1
- Circular shareholding 227 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 183 6
- business card address 293 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 212 2
- Declined for business bank account 213 4
- Loan to a related company 99 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 655 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 331 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 261 8
- property rental income split 121 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 135 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 365
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Franchise income and costs 175
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 173