Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Helping clients with bookkeeping but not a bookkeeper 748 19
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,414 20
- Wear & Tear Allowances 310 7
- That old chestnut 362 7
- Supply to Irish State Body 219 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 330 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 294 3
- Non controlling shares - how to set up 248 9
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 247 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 209 4
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 123 1
- MAAT vs ACCA 1,959 35
- IR35 - relationship of WIP 665 6
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 218 3
- Tax relief for Director incurring business expenses on his credit card 213 2
- Repair or improvement? 436 7
- National Insurance. 164 1
- Trust tax return 173 1
- VAT on land sale 175 6
- Property Development 322 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 406
- CTA study material 360
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 269
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 251
- new capital structure ltd with investors 204
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 200
- Pre incorp expenses 200
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 180
- Slight twist on employment related securities 172
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 155