Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Issue with a software supplier 110 4
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 101 4
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 165 6
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 239 5
- Limited Company trading status. 201 6
- VAT flat rate scheme 46 1
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,548 29
- Alphabet shares dividend paperwork 112 2
- Aquisition Value 98 3
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 365 8
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 420 12
- Dividends 256 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 788 13
- Collecting cash on behalf of another business 152 4
- Unpaid Fee's 217 5
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,278 11
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 187 4
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 286 1
- How much to charge? 639 9
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 262 3
- Possible Partnership? 503
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 484
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 460
- New Fangled Penalties 296
- Clubs and Taxable Income 255
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 253
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 243
- Loans to other companies 189
- Tasbook email configuration 178
- Accomodation and travel 172