Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 86 2
- Spam blocking 362 24
- Ex-gratia payments 262 6
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 170 6
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 92 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 310 6
- A little silliness 197 2
- Just for fun. 791 26
- HMRC & daft penalty 605 6
- TOMS - the other side of the fence 126 2
- &^$%ing Mollom? 204 2
- Employment status 259 4
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 117 1
- P11D help 102 2
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 142 4
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 132 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,710 12
- HMRC Email 382 6
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 262 10
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,394 21
- Theatre Tax Relief 485
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 381
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 374
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 348
- Perkbox 313
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 308
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 273
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 271
- Document Management Systems 253
- WIP Software 236