Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- SSAS Pension scheme 124 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 504 18
- Physiotherapy 201 3
- Inflation and fees 1,148 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 111 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 244 8
- CGT help please 96 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 323 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 89 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 139 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 281 1
- Community Interest Company 125 3
- Redundancy Pay 414 5
- Advice please! 327 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 732 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 624 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,285 21
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 114 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 367 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 599 13