Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 37 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 223 7
- Where has Portia gone? 1,699 64
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 363 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 264 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 211 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 172 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 102 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 191 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 391 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 333 9
- Merging my businesses 137 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,724 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 517 16
- VAT on commercial property 146 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,047 49
- deceased creditor 207 5
- Corporate member of LLP 280 1
- Investment company 273 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 537
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 307
- Sanzar 305
- Digital marketing focus group 288
- How do you do it 279
- Portia ... Where art thou 264
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 259