Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 49 2
- Voluntary Disclosure 355 8
- Gift to son by parents 62 1
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,045 32
- valuation of vehicles 479 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 267 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 134 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 376 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 448 4
- BTC is slow 293 3
- Director registration for SA question 517 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 444 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 514 22
- Business only use of company car 726 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 524 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 354 4
- New Company reviews please 581 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 346 4
- VAT with Russia 272 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 312
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 255
- Any thoughts on Capium? 252
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 226
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 164
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 156