Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- losses carried forward 327 9
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 176 7
- VT 316 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 669 18
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 433 21
- client can't/won't pay 98 5
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 79 2
- 5% penalty on late payment 104 2
- Ongoing trade? 228 5
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 163 3
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 260 2
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 846 41
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 136 3
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 726 19
- Tax Penalty overeaction 547 10
- New Boiler at Rental Property 247 3
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 234 4
- Freelance software consultant 283 3
- opening balamces 348 11
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 294 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 487
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief 259
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 225
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 222