Help - CIS return
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
New CIS client, who paid a subcontractor under 20% deduction without verifying them.
I amended the client's PAYE registration to include CIS - with their first monthly return due today.
Then was able to request authorisation for them as a client.
Received the authorisation code late last week and entered it yesterday afternoon.
They're still not showing on my client list, even though the helpdesk told me at 6pm this evening that it should be 24 hours.
Waited till about 7:30, then downloaded the free trial of Moneysoft, thinking I could verify the subbie and submit the return without being authorised.
I've just tried to verify the subbie through Moneysoft, and it's telling me that "Your submission was sent to the Government Gateway but has been rejected. The Government Gateway is reporting that either your ID and password are not authorised to do this type of online filing for this employer reference (xxx/xxxxxx), or the employer reference is invalid. Please contact the HMRC to check your details."
The employer reference is correct, and as I've checked it against the new CIS employer letter they received from HMRC, I know it's valid and that they're registered for CIS.
I then had the bright idea of ringing the Online Services Helpdesk at 7:45. They told me they were too busy, and hung up on me. Now that the CIS helpline has done the same, and it's now after 8pm on 19th of the month, I don't know what to do.
I feel a £100 fine coming my way...can I appeal on the client's behalf?
- Can I claim mileage? 218 6
- limited company for IR35 132 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,925 185
- Ir35 test 95 2
- Money laundering POCA 281 5
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 127 7
- payroll software 213 3
- Mexican student in UK 164 4
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 196 2
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 53 2
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 255 2
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 173 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 142 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 882 19
- Dividend in specie 268 8
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 110 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 198 9
- client threatening legal action 1,879 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 736 8
- Partially exempt? 264 9
- Skandia using wrong address 500
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 283
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 281
- Employee rewards 263
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 234
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 226
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 225
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 175
- LLP in Construction Industry 127