Help desperately needed with Bank Recs in Sage Instant!
I am sorting out the accounts on Sage Instant for my client, and they are in a real mess. Now I have to try and sort out the Bank Recs. There are no reports saved or printed anywhere. I can see that the last lady has ticked items off the bank statements, and has marked items as Bank Rec'd in Sage, but I think she just did this (is that possible??) without following the Sage process. I haven't actually done a bank rec before through Sage, and I really do not know where to begin. The accountant muttered something about exporting it to Excel and ticking it off and then sending it back in, but I'm not really sure what he meant. Can anyone help me? I am beginning to panic! Also, when I call up the Reconcile function in the Bank module, the last Reconciled Balance is showing as -1433`.27.
Where can I start to sort this mess out?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 481 8
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 149 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 559 18
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 112 5
- Corrupt Excel File 659 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 322 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,947 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,160 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 272 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 358 7
- Personal Tax 392 10
- Xerocon 2016 924 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,606 24
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 108 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 206 4
- last minute request 437 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,233 46
- Practical experience 891 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 267 2
- Mortgage Reference 300 2