Help me end an increasingly heated debate...
A colleague and I work for a large retailer checking that all of the promotional income has been billed and collected. (In this circumstance, promotional income is money received from our suppliers for promoting their products in store.
We are in the process of designing a new system for our team and are increasingly arguing about which direction the system should take.
The process for agreeing and getting promotional income is:
1) Buyers agree the deal and confirm on email with the vendor
2) The deal should be entered into a promotions database
3) The promotions database is used by another team to raise invoice requests
4) The invoice requests are used by the sales ledger team to raise invoices and post the double entry
One of us wants to start our work at point 2) and work forward to 4), one of us wants to start our work at point 4) and work to point 1)
What would you do?
- Practical experience 819 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 405 9
- Personal Tax 116 1
- VAT 300 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 157 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 114 1
- last minute request 213 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 114 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 76 1
- Cash gift from India 480 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 73 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 414 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 94 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 239 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,142 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 649 6
- Overseas workday relief 160 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 304 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 667 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 133 1