Help to sort out a muddle?
All thoughts gratefully received on sorting out the following muddle of a newly engaged client who started out as a sole trader and set up a Ltd Company in the autumn:
- He has been running the Ltd Co trading through his sole trader bank account
- He has continued to trade under the sole trader identity simultaneously, also using the same bank account.
- Ltd Co services vehicles. Sole trader trade sells reconditioned parts on Ebay.
- Ltd Co is VAT registered. Sole Trader business is not.
My thoughts to deal with this are:
- Get business bank account set up for Ltd Co asap.
- Combine trading under Ltd Co from a set date and start charging VAT on the Ebay trade. (from what I can tell through previous posts on the subject the separation of VAT with these businesses is a grey area but highly unlikely to be penalised if we bring them together now.)
- Do sole trader accounts for 2011-12. Make April this year the cut off for trading as sole trader.
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 219 9
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 13 1
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 339 3
- No more tax returns... 935 11
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 456 8
- Company Share Buy Back 256 7
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 561 16
- Sage 200 question 171 3
- P11d query 132 3
- RTI and Advances to Employees 248 4
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 312 5
- Transactions in land 68 2
- 64-8 problems 424 6
- Time values in Excel 68 2
- RTI / P11d 89 1
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,051 20
- Company car in the LLP 268 4
- flat rate scheme 2,018 39
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,168 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 473 5