Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Deleted question? 717 19
- Accounts Question 80 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,157 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,924 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 688 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,383 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,912 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 639 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 427 4
- VAT Return Errors 162 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 112 5
- inflation rate year on year 137 3
- Yorkshire Day 591 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 177 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 175 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 377 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 142 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 290 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 235 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 149 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 385
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 260
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 235
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 229
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 161
- Employee Benefit Trust 151