Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Flat Conversion Allowance 55 1
- Practice management 141 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 211 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 82 1
- IHT and cash gifts 57 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 134 7
- Clothing 158 4
- VAT registration transfer 149 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 574 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 86 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 100 2
- Director drawings 395 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 323 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 93 1
- HMRC SA302s 204 3
- What does the "K" signify 433 7
- Director or self-employed 150 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 127 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- What sectors to target? 203 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 905
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 610
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 577
- Latest phishing scam 531
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 378
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 343
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 199
- Capital allowances in first basis period 188
- Sabbatical payments 175