Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Am i Liable? 200 6
- directors overdrawn loan account 88 1
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 112 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 211 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 95 1
- Added years superannuation 74 2
- Giving a seminar 544 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 204 1
- JIEB Exams 141 1
- RTI 110 1
- Christmas party 127 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 754 10
- Checking a contract 300 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 244 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 166 7
- VAT on garage rent 330 14
- Value-shifting 87 1
- Pattern for CTA 213 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 459 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,221
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 188
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150