Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Which address 941 11
- private to company car? 327 8
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 66 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 241 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 934 15
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 74 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 230 6
- Best time software for small practice? 162 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 445 17
- Vat threshold issues 434 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 156 7
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,106 41
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 454 9
- Gift to employee 292 5
- Residents Association Corp Tax 295 12
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 378 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,041 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,973 27
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 315 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 116 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 467
- CTA study material 448
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 320
- Pre incorp expenses 299
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 257
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 247
- Slight twist on employment related securities 223
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 199
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 142
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 130