Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Client right to working papers 205 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 514 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 287 4
- Late registration for MOSS 205 4
- Professional Clearance 1,017 24
- Self employed care worker 420 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 245 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 332 7
- Illegal share transfer 427 5
- Audacity 857 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 149 2
- Company Strike off 1,805 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,087 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 375 3
- Estate admin practicalities 211 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,482 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 313 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 347 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 331 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 365
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 329
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 280
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 253