Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Mortgage Reference 112 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,848 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 130 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,167 45
- Practical experience 839 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 421 9
- Personal Tax 136 1
- VAT 304 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 184 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 141 1
- last minute request 240 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 491 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 76 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 430 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 106 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 253 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 657 6
- Overseas workday relief 168 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 334 3