Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 250 6
- tax saving on card points 208 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 886 14
- VAT - How hard is it? 669 24
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 240 9
- Scissors 839 24
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,298 35
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 420 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 432 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 212 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 102 2
- The importance of Grammar 1,242 34
- Profit split from an investment property 102 4
- Xero Pain Points 490 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 320 8
- VAT and Groups 77 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,919 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 215 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 447 5
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 312 8
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 367
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 318
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 292
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 199
- Company Structure 191
- VAT and customer entertaining 174