Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 800 16
- Cloud accounting package 118 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 993 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 484 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 256 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 152 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 238 6
- Next Move 332 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 394 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 183 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 233 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 336 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 700 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 280 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 163 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,236 34
- Casual Driver 254 4
- Self Assessment Software 632 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 345 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,264 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 630
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 394
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 394
- Property letting & CAs 376
- 2015 tax year end 372
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 372
- FCA regulated company in a small group 335
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 231
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 224
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 219