Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 83 1
- Keeping disastrous accounts 265 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,848 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 220 3
- Payments on account 58 1
- On the high seas 74 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 122 2
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 538 11
- RTI Payroll ID 962 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 840 34
- Payroll question 110 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,791 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 252 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 193 3
- Overlap profit 233 4
- Goodwill On Incorporation 126 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 177 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 339 5
- micro entity balance sheet query 292 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 645 19
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 839
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 335
- How do you do it 329
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 285
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 201
- new investor structure 194
- Fit for purpose 194
- VAT Registration 175