Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 174 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 207 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 421 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 251 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 103 2
- Was I rude 787 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 283 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 214 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 289 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 283 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 196 6
- Non-compete agreement 184 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 199 1
- Any views 740 1
- IRIS Practice Management 146 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 109 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 95 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 176 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 309 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 259 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,484
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 821
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 422
- Sale of business 396
- NOVA 291
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 204
- Bonus Bonds 177
- Management expenses for investment company 174
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 166