Help - stratospheric profits !
Have this Ltd. Co. client who's always done quite well with profits of around £100k in recent years, but just having completed the last accounts we have taxable profits of £690k.
We have dividends and salaries of £95k for the husband & wife directors / shareholders (who incidentally are aged around 40) to just have them on the cusp of 40% and at present their directors' loan a/c is £382k so plenty of scope to draw out at the moment but they're not desperate to do so - they haven't quite got their heads round it yet and regard it as Monopoly money ! Of course some of the CT is at 28% / 26%, so they may think it's worth paying a further 12 or 14% tax just to be able to get more out of the companty via dividends.
But what ways, if any, are there of reducing tax and drawing out money ? Other than directors' pensions, which they're reluctant to do but I think they ought to.
Any ideas would be welcomed as we're having a meeting in a couple of days to discuss matters.
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,086 15
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 284 3
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 566 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,001 302
- Mortgage deposit Gift 32 1
- Paying tax in Angola and uk? 93 1
- EC sales list 45 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 322 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 376 11
- ICPA-Scotland 169 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 203 1
- Declined for business bank account 366 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 530 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 223 10
- Standard 'email' template system 921 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 238 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 111 1
- Circular shareholding 269 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 215 6
- business card address 349 8
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,124
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 369
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 275
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 241
- Payments on account coded out?? 236
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 193
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 191
- Franchise income and costs 180