HELP WITH XERO - EU VAT
We have received an invoice from a software provider in Ireland and on the invoice it states that "Reverse charge supply - customer to self assess VAT" - now I know that this means that a customer must pay the VAT to HMRC and recover it from HMRC all in the same VAT tax return.
My question is, how do you account for this in Xero - I use the VAT on Imports option in the VAT rate column but it just disappears when I approve the invoice and the amounts dont appear in the VAT audit report.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 9 1
- flat rate scheme 184 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 221 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,971 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 142 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 478 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 167 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 104 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,285 37
- Turnover on a tax return 556 12
- incorrect old p60 566 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 147 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 189 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 372 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5