HELP WITH XERO - EU VAT
We have received an invoice from a software provider in Ireland and on the invoice it states that "Reverse charge supply - customer to self assess VAT" - now I know that this means that a customer must pay the VAT to HMRC and recover it from HMRC all in the same VAT tax return.
My question is, how do you account for this in Xero - I use the VAT on Imports option in the VAT rate column but it just disappears when I approve the invoice and the amounts dont appear in the VAT audit report.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- Start up allowance? 445 13
- ACCA - still making me laugh 164 1
- Old CGT loss 317 9
- New Starter Checklist 281 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 432 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 783 22
- Goodwill complications 337 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 561 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 243 3
- HMRC Distraint 241 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 204 2
- Will I need to resign? 679 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 126 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 383 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 452 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,046 16
- How to explain this to someone 256 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,427 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 150 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 653 15