Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 194 1
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,440 39
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 99 2
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 221 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,224 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 355 6
- Go Cardless 375 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 315 3
- Mehjoo 328 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 127 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 385 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 191 4
- SA302 335 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 290 13
- Bringing money to Uk 289 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 215 4
- Hmrc software 254 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 185 1
- Hosted email exchange 189 5
- South African Government Pension 185 1
- Xtuple 517
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 235
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 209
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 208
- Domain name sale and limited company 180
- CIS schemes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151