Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Dress code 1,193 27
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 682 9
- carry back of gift aid 51 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 679 18
- Scottish Independance 446 13
- How to complain about HMRC 932 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 324 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 73 2
- NOMINAL CODES 310 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 166 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 702 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 278 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 226 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 368 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 422 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 102 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 248 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 334 12
- How much did you pay for your website 1,606 27
- Dividend 440 6
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 340
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 244
- Expat pension contributions? 236
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 130