Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- I have missing sales invoices 323 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 165 1
- is my company accounts right? 617 16
- Invoice Help 338 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 200 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 331 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,371 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 338 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 925 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,036 26
- Directors Subsistence 164 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 228 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 410 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 259 3
- Final year's accounts 329 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,907 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,478 20
- Free Shares ? 327 6
- Dividend dates 327 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 291 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 215
- Probiz 203
- What's the market like for temps? 199
- CIS Deductions 161
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 157