Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 139 1
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 148 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 45 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 244 6
- CIS 74 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 594 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 101 1
- Really?! 684 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 284 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 167 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 448 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 889 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 271 4
- Car Purchase 131 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 163 7
- IR35 119 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,929 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 287 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,267 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,581 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 437
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 352
- Costly Accounting Software contract 305
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 250
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201