Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Using home as clients registered address 226 5
- VAT MOSS registration 96 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 467 15
- How much does the company pay 817 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 162 4
- Cocaine anyone? 886 14
- HMRC property income enquiry 450 10
- Proof of identification 124 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 152 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 123 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 307 5
- Childcare vouchers 369 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 99 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 91 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 87 1
- two business from one premises 191 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 68 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 251 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 374 4
- Merry Christmas 153 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 509
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 330
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 279
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 252
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 251
- Cocaine anyone? 235
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 228
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178