Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Property scam victim 500 13
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 788 12
- Christmas party 163 2
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 39 1
- VAT on garage rent 343 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 326 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 182 1
- RTI 154 5
- Altered PAYE cheque 290 7
- Am i Liable? 296 8
- directors overdrawn loan account 111 2
- Giving a seminar 566 31
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 161 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 228 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 112 1
- Added years superannuation 81 2
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 214 1
- JIEB Exams 150 1
- Checking a contract 311 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 316 15
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,222
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 612
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 317
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 196
- Alphabet shares 195
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 185
- Office recharges 154
- Tax position on lease extension 144