Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 316 9
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 315 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 566 22
- SDLT 318 9
- Windows 10 anyone? 275 7
- Can an owner hold company money 186 5
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 373 13
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 436 9
- Ireland 431 1
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 225 5
- Bankstream 1,102 26
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 944 17
- Class 2 NIC 113 2
- Benefit in Kind 218 7
- Dutch Accountant 438 1
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 148 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 197 4
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 829 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,624 34
- Restricted interest relief 155 2
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 832
- Benchmark accounting software 683
- Members in Public Practice 513
- Sole trader registering for the first time 320
- Oplex Careers CPD 320
- What are HMRC implying? 283
- VAT 256
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 241
- Payroll manager and the cloud 212
- Is the APN valid 193