Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 342 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 122 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 108 2
- VT accounts licence key 81 3
- Other forums 136 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 112 2
- Career Advice 144 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 99 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,902 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 233 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 81 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 170 2
- Wrong career 215 8
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 214 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 103 3
- Agent with HMRC 280 11
- Quarterly PAYE 279 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 187 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 574 4
- Newsletter 248 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 530
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 217
- Free Tax Legislation? 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- vat return 180