Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Incorporation Relief 78 2
- change of office address 62 2
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 83 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 327 3
- Letting income or partnership income? 47 1
- Quick Easy Quote 197 3
- Furniture Rental Business 70 2
- Client Death 532 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 168 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 348 2
- Are Bursaries Taxable 81 2
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 317 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 146 3
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 402 5
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,927 38
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 965 15
- Unallocated client money 187 5
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 343 5
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 132 2
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 211 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 598
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 472
- Sorry ignore me 369
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 276
- Cancelled 238
- Cancelled 205
- Bartercard 170
- C79 Discrepancy 164
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 157