Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- 5% penalty on late payment 178 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 156 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 506 26
- AIA 32 2
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 241 6
- HMRC SA software error? 106 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 162 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 252 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 160 6
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 966 43
- Treatment of income for sole trader 114 2
- wave software 117 1
- Freelance software consultant 327 5
- client can't/won't pay 306 11
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,146 14
- Window Comb Binder Cover 108 2
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 220 5
- losses carried forward 372 10
- Auto enrolment 1,626 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 226 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 780
- Copy Wanted 497
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 281
- Entrepreneurs' relief 268
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 262
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 247
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 233
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 230