Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- VAT flat rate scheme 151 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 229 4
- Client information from previous accountant 29 1
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 231 7
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 62 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 56 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 351 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 114 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,649 31
- PAYE NI 92 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 96 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 693 10
- break even point 1,001 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 170 5
- Accomodation and travel 204 1
- Unpaid Fee's 345 6
- Issue with a software supplier 229 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 302 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 491
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 465
- New Fangled Penalties 306
- Clubs and Taxable Income 257
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 249
- Loans to other companies 191
- Tasbook email configuration 183
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 167