Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- FHL - hedge purchase 104 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 528 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 270 3
- Fees 476 6
- HMRC Post 583 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 439 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 189 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 444 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 290 3
- www.pool.adzio 164 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 192 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,883 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 288 3
- Transactions with directors 483 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 314 9
- Non VAT invoices 252 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,438 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 281 5
- Form 17 Download 199 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 601 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 769
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 253
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 216
- IP trans to holding company 197
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 183