Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 142 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,069 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 149 2
- What would you do in this situation? 662 14
- Dress code 476 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 508 16
- Project being run jointly 205 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 313 4
- Companies House 610 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 366 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 734 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,447 25
- Help Required 425 10
- directors control and tax problems 303 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 400 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 312 4
- Bulk Invoicing 192 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 185 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 265 2
- CTA study material 714
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 437
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 249
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 226
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 213
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 176