Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- SA316s 135 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 31 1
- Swiching tax 512 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 726 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 495 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 512 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 366 11
- Start-up cost recognition 94 1
- Lunches 203 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 381 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 131 3
- Generic notification message 254 6
- Property Expenses 216 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 818 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 137 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 502 13
- Accrued salary unpaid 257 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,199 18
- Basis periods 106 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 120 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 600
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 591
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 386
- Pensions Regulator 351
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 290
- Using the correct forms 265
- SA penalty proposals 256
- RTI - duplicate employee record 253
- Accelerated payment notices 236
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 226