Here's one for you!
I'm presently employed (PAYE) but am about to start a business on my own, expected first year turnover of £70k, most of which will be profit.
The wife is presently non-earning (housewife) but i want to get her to help me out with a few thigs relating to the business.
The start up costs are negligabel (i have my clients in place) and will need to spend the first few months incomings to continue to pay the mortgate, bills, etc.
My feeling is to start up as a limited company, with me as the only shareholder/director and employing the wife.
What is the best way to deal with the first few months incomings - can i treat them as dividend? - what are directors loan accounts?
My plan is to go see a chartered accountant but i would just like an idea of the issues before i do that.
thanks for your time
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,315 15
- Does HMRC penalties apply if directors file 92 2
- VTS or VT Software ???? 81 1
- HMRC RANT!!!! 325 7
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 251 10
- What do you all do in your spare time? 345 14
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 93 2
- Scams are not always obvious 1,917 32
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 142 2
- Design your ideal tax department 922 20
- Over the VAT threshold 92 2
- Accountants website 239 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 228 3
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 235 8
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 465 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 102 1
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 103 5
- Online Downtime 307 3
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 216 5
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 205 8
- New Fangled Penalties 1,066
- Moving away from CCH software 923
- Recruitment agencies 547
- QROP pension input amounts 422
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 369
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 327
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 307
- fraud 254
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 233
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 205